Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well the Ancients/Ori are not the only Ascended beings right? (Or even the first...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the Ancients/Ori are not the only Ascended beings right? (Or even the first...)

Just thought I would just open up the possibility that perhaps the Ancients have different philosophies, and seem "restrained" by "greater numbers" because when they ascended there was already a huge population of ascended beings dictating matters.

Think about it... every single ascended being we have met so far has been an ancient (or someone who ascended in our time-frame). Additionally, every single ascended being we have met has seemed slightly "at-odds" with the ruling principles governing them. Now this may simply be due to the fact that only ones at odds with the prevailing philosophy would contact us in the first place, but still...

Now lets add to the fact that the ancients originated (as far as we know) in the Pegesus and Milky Way galaxy and we have been told that the milky way galaxy is quite cosmically insignificant.

Wouldn't it just go without saying that there is a race of ascended beings which got to the level of the ancients and the Ori long before they did?

I have absolutely no connecting theory to go along with this line of thought, but I thought that I would share it and see where (if anywhere) the discussion leads.

Yeah there definatly has to be others who ascended from other galaxies who were there before the Ancients and the Ori. The Ancients follow the rules of noninterference for the most part set up by the others. The Ori bend the rules a little more.

Perfecto!

Comment

I wonder who is on the side of the Non-interferance rules.

Here is a random thought:

What if the Ori represent the majority of the ascended beings and the Ancients are the rogue element?

Perhaps the non-interferance policy is merely a condition that the rest of the ascended beings set upon the ancients due to their unwillingness to have their previous mortal realm from being taken over.

Just a random musing... ^_^

Comment

Threads:

JACKSON (straightening up to face her): Why not? Who are they?

OMA: Others. You're not one of them yet.

JACKSON: You mean Ancients.

OMA: A couple of them.

There were quite a few people in that diner so unless they are all people that Oma has ascended I would imagine that there have been quite a few races that have achieved enlightenment before/with/after the Ancients did. But I agree, it could be very interesting to see who they are. Maybe some of the Gadmeer (scorched Earth).

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

I think those giant aliens in Crystal Skull are ascended beings too.
          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
            The Ancients follow the rules of noninterference for the most part set up by the others. The Ori bend the rules a little more.
            I think "bend" is putting it a bit lightly... "Grab at each end and snap into little pieces" might be closer.

Comment

The Ancients/Ori are definitely not the only Ascended beings out there. In fact, I feel they are, overall, a very small fraction of the whole actually.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
                Threads:

JACKSON (straightening up to face her): Why not? Who are they?

OMA: Others. You're not one of them yet.

JACKSON: You mean Ancients.

OMA: A couple of them.
                That's true, however Daniel, the people from Abydos, Anubis, and god knows however many other people Oma has ascended are not Ancients.

I agree however, it seems unlikely the Ancients are the only people to achive enlightenment.
                An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Attilitus
                  Just thought I would just open up the possibility that perhaps the Ancients have different philosophies, and seem "restrained" by "greater numbers" because when they ascended there was already a huge population of ascended beings dictating matters.

Think about it... every single ascended being we have met so far has been an ancient (or someone who ascended in our time-frame). Additionally, every single ascended being we have met has seemed slightly "at-odds" with the ruling principles governing them. Now this may simply be due to the fact that only ones at odds with the prevailing philosophy would contact us in the first place, but still...

Now lets add to the fact that the ancients originated (as far as we know) in the Pegesus and Milky Way galaxy and we have been told that the milky way galaxy is quite cosmically insignificant.

Wouldn't it just go without saying that there is a race of ascended beings which got to the level of the ancients and the Ori long before they did?

I have absolutely no connecting theory to go along with this line of thought, but I thought that I would share it and see where (if anywhere) the discussion leads.

Ancients originated in the Orii ?Galaxy........

Every Ancient we met dislikes the rules because they want to help the ones that like the rules are going to stay far away from us....

nope doubt it theres any body that was there before....
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I would love to know WHO was the first and how they came UP with this WHOLE HIGHER PLAN of living ...

You look at it , the NOXs should also be on this HIGHER Plan too then ... Why arnt they there .... they have INNER Peace with themselfs , and sure think they have True ENLITEMENT ...

Asgards too should be there on this Plan ... There Brains are at a HIGHER Thinking then ares .... Mayeb there using 90% or more of there brain power ...

Over all I think this WHOLE Ascention thing really needs to be explainned a little better to us ... There are a few QUESTION that i would like Answered about it myself .... Like

* Who was the first to Ascend ?
                    * If the Ancients main goal while on Plan is to PROTECT LIFE , Why would it change after they Ascend ?
                    * How did the Ancients learn about Ascention in the first place ?
                    * Why havnt the NOXs Ascended ?

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
                      I would love to know WHO was the first and how they came UP with this WHOLE HIGHER PLAN of living ...

You look at it , the NOXs should also be on this HIGHER Plan too then ... Why arnt they there .... they have INNER Peace with themselfs , and sure think they have True ENLITEMENT ...

Asgards too should be there on this Plan ... There Brains are at a HIGHER Thinking then ares .... Mayeb there using 90% or more of there brain power ...

Over all I think this WHOLE Ascention thing really needs to be explainned a little better to us ... There are a few QUESTION that i would like Answered about it myself .... Like

* Who was the first to Ascend ?
                      * If the Ancients main goal while on Plan is to PROTECT LIFE , Why would it change after they Ascend ?
                      * How did the Ancients learn about Ascention in the first place ?
                      * Why havnt the NOXs Ascended ?
                      The Asgard haven't ascended i suspect because they have managed to obtain a measure of immortality through their cloning process, therefore the need to ascend to avoid death isn't that much of a neccesity. Also there was problems like the replicators that they helped to become a threat, that they can't really just ascend and leave them to destroy everything. Now that the cloning is failing and the replicators have been defeated (at least largely) they may start to consider ascension
                      The ancients did loads of research into ascension (Atlantis S1E3), also I don't think they would have been too eager to ascend if they weren't forced to by the plague and having to flee Pegasus with the chance that their kind could be wiped out.
                      The Nox however I suspect we need to find out more about (please PLEASE bring the Nox back tptb) before we find out why they haven't ascended yet. I suspect there is a good reason.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
                        The Asgard haven't ascended i suspect because they have managed to obtain a measure of immortality through their cloning process, therefore the need to ascend to avoid death isn't that much of a neccesity. Also there was problems like the replicators that they helped to become a threat, that they can't really just ascend and leave them to destroy everything. Now that the cloning is failing and the replicators have been defeated (at least largely) they may start to consider ascension
                        The ancients did loads of research into ascension (Atlantis S1E3), also I don't think they would have been too eager to ascend if they weren't forced to by the plague and having to flee Pegasus with the chance that their kind could be wiped out.
                        The Nox however I suspect we need to find out more about (please PLEASE bring the Nox back tptb) before we find out why they haven't ascended yet. I suspect there is a good reason.
                        Wait , the Asgards didnt couse the or built the replicators , It was the Ancients taht had everthing to do with them ... So why would the Asgards feel they need to stay to take care of them ... If anything the Ancients are the couse of alot of problems in the Milky Way Galaxy ...

As i see it , If it wasnt for the Ancient we would be in this mess we are into today ... They coused alot of problems that the HUMAN Race has to clean up ...

I really wouldnt be suppried if in a later SHOWS , SG-1 Finds out that the Goa'uld where created by the Ancients to cure there plague that they had ... Kind of like how Humans use leeches for fixing wounds ...

Spoiler:
                        We find otu they are the COUSE of the replicators in the first place .

We also know they are the Cosue of the Ori , and the power they have gainned over the years ...

Comment

I never said the Asgards built the replicators, I said they helped in them becoming a major threat. I can't remember what episode it was but quite possibly Nemesis/small victories that Thor said a few Asgard scientists found a few replicators on a planet and brought them aboard their ship. From this they were given the means to replicate and to absorb one of the most powerful technological races database of knowledge, this made them a huge threat, and the Asgards couldn't simply pack up and hitch the next hyperspace window out of the known universe after that.
                          I doubt the Ancients made the Goa'uld, there was the episode where Daniel was abducted by an unas and we see early evolutionary species of the goa'uld, and we find out they've found a few to show an evolutionary timeline.

Comment

I would say that the Ori began ascending before the Ancient's. As much has already been stated, the Ori chose religion, the Ancient's science. Which should probably translate as the Ori chose spiritual evolution, prior(no pun intended) to the Ancient's leaving their home galaxy. They probably researched it for a few centuries, more than likely after a few Alteran had already ascended, believing that is was the reason of their existence. The Ancient's probably only began ascended after the plague, which has been speculated that the Ori created, that's when they went to Pegasus, and began researching ascension. Taking meditation courses, chanting, that sort of thing, then came Oma "the candlelight is fire," confusing everyone. There has to be a race older than them, that has already ascended, a completely alien race, that created the rules because they saw how the humans were misbehaving.

Comment

Working...
                            X