Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone getting the impression that RDA wants to return?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone getting the impression that RDA wants to return?

I have been reading a few of RDA's meanderings as well as listening to some of his recent interviews (the SG1 S10 convention to name one)

And it may just be his respect for the series, but I get the feeling that he misses the whole shebang and may want to have more frequent and stable guest appearances. Perhaps something along the lines of the "deal" that was struck with General Hammond awhile back before he kindof stopped being involved. There is definitely a large measure of wishful thinking in my calculations, but still with him in 2 SG1 and 3 SGA episodes this season it does make you wonder.

Originally posted by Attilitus
    I have been reading a few of RDA's meanderings as well as listening to some of his recent interviews (the SG1 S10 convention to name one)

And it may just be his respect for the series, but I get the feeling that he misses the whole shebang and may want to have more frequent and stable guest appearances. Perhaps something along the lines of the "deal" that was struck with General Hammond awhile back before he kindof stopped being involved. There is definitely a large measure of wishful thinking in my calculations, but still with him in 2 SG1 and 3 SGA episodes this season it does make you wonder.
    IMHO TPTB blew it:
    After RDA left they could have brought back Janet and Jacob for S9+
    (remembe rit's post Moebius and the timeline slightly changed no fish in the pond and on the tape there's no mention of Janet's deathor Jacob's death so they never knew they had to go back to rechange the timeline)
    I don't think RDA will be coming back full-time but I think the show needs him for at least 6-7 episodes/season in order to survive beyond S10

Comment

Well I am not so hopeful to think he will permanently return... but it would be nice to have him come back in a similar capacity to General Hammond while General O'neil was in command of the SGC.

Comment

i would love to see RDA return in a manner of routine guest appearances... i do not want to see him return in a starring role because the writers have managed to develop the series in such a way that it is just as good without him... plus him not being a regular star is realistic, to me, because he's been bumped up twice and xfered to washington which keeps up the realism of the military, where you don't stay in one place forever...

of course, what i would love to see is Jack O'Neill brought back as commander of the Galactic Alliance between the Tauri, Asgard and Goauld in order to fight the massive war with the Ori...
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
        X