Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are we going to become the Fifth Race?(Unending Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are we going to become the Fifth Race?(Unending Spoilers)

In the episode 'The Fifth Race' one of the Asgard said e had just taken the first steps to becoming the fifth race, right?

Well, we ARE on season 10, and since we wiped out their seemingly 'unstoppable' enemy
    Spoiler:
    The Replicators
    , haven't we proved ourselves already?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

The problem is that, as a race, we're not that unified and the existance of the stargate is still not common knowledge. Us wiping out formidable enemies just shows the great potential we have. We still have a long way to go before we could be considered as of equal footing among the Asgard, Nox, Furlings and the Ancients.
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Being good soldiers and having intelligent scientists means little. When we have the level of unity, and wisdom of the Asgard and the Nox, then we may become "The Fifth Race" even though that title is kind of defunct really when you think about it.

I mean. Ancients have gone and think they're above us...

Furlings are MIA.

That only leaves the Nox and the Asgard, and hey, we pretty much already converse on a high level with them, so it's only the Nox we need to impress. And that can only be done through wisdom. Not intelligence, tech or strength.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I did a thread like this awhile back......

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...g+a+great+race

where we debated when or if we will ever become "the Fifth Race". IMHO we are thousands of years away from reaching the level of technology, consciousness and understanding it takes to become a "great race". We have no idea when in there history, the Nox, Furlings, Asgard and Ancients reached the "great race" level.

Do we have to be initiated by a "great race" to become a "great race"?. Is there a battery of tests?, or is that when we reach that level, we will know it?.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
          Furlings are MIA.
          Really - I thought that they were on holiday lol.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

If we decide that we don't need ancients agard nox and furlings and decide to open our own alliance of five races. It will be more the alliance of the five small,primitive,young races but you have to start somewhere.

Comment

I think we're IT already.

I mean the Asgard are supposed to be one of the "great races", but we saved their little grey asses like... lots of times.
              My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

You know whats scary.....the way you say we instead of they and us instead of them you sound like me

Comment

Since the ancients ascended, does that mean that they're not part of the great alliance anymore? Because they're not allowed to interfere with with the 'un-ascended' are they?

If so, would'nt that mean that we would become the Fourth Race?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by metabog
                    I think we're IT already.

I mean the Asgard are supposed to be one of the "great races", but we saved their little grey asses like... lots of times.
                    I disagree entirely I'm afraid. The SGC saved the Asgard. You can't look at the best of humanity to decide if we're ready, you must look at the worst of humanity. When was the last year that went by without a single war in the world?

How many are in poverty?

How many are forced to live on the streets because of money issues.

We're nowhere near ready.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                      I disagree entirely I'm afraid. The SGC saved the Asgard. You can't look at the best of humanity to decide if we're ready, you must look at the worst of humanity. When was the last year that went by without a single war in the world?

How many are in poverty?

How many are forced to live on the streets because of money issues.

We're nowhere near ready.
                      He's got a point, dude

sigpic

Comment

Yeah he's right, but consider that the Stargate universe is not ours. There have been several changes on Earth, and as pointed out, many nations are united now in the Stargate project. The only possible war that may break out in there is between the USA and Russia, over stargate control.

And why should we look at the bad parts of humanity when the good parts far outweigh all the bad stuff.

But the thing is: if we are to become the fifth race, everyone has to be it... not just a secret organization, so yes, we are not ready.
                        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog
                          Yeah he's right, but consider that the Stargate universe is not ours. There have been several changes on Earth, and as pointed out, many nations are united now in the Stargate project. The only possible war that may break out in there is between the USA and Russia, over stargate control.

And why should we look at the bad parts of humanity when the good parts far outweigh all the bad stuff.

But the thing is: if we are to become the fifth race, everyone has to be it... not just a secret organization, so yes, we are not ready.
                          Unfortunatly there are wars between less powerful nations, look at Israel and Lebanon right now.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Many nations united? Please, they might have a common interest, but if it came down to it, they'd sure pick their own welfare over random state 34.

The "good" parts isn't even close of outweighing the bad parts.

I can't find a single reason why we should be accepted as the fifth race.

Our science isn't evolved enough.
                            Our political systems are corrupt.
                            Our society is shattered.
                            People die because of other peoples greed.
                            We use superstition to justify massmurder.
                            We care more about Paris Hilton's new boyfriend than poverty.
                            99.999% of the world doesn't even know about the SGC.

And now to the "good" sides:
                            We've managed to use random ancient technology to solve some problems.
                            We've goa'uld:ed our way to advanced tech(stealing, copying etc.)
                            We've managed to get a few allies that for the moment we can use to our benefit.

Oh yes, we're sooo deserving of being called a great race.

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
                              In the episode 'The Fifth Race' one of the Asgard said e had just taken the first steps to becoming the fifth race, right?

Well, we ARE on season 10, and since we wiped out their seemingly 'unstoppable' enemy
                              Spoiler:
                              The Replicators
                              , haven't we proved ourselves already?
                              I don't think Death and Destruction is what gets you into the club.
                              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X