X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount SciFi/Fantasy TV Movies and Series on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-st...news-headlines
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/pr.asp...0060802scifi01

The Sci Fi Channel has gotten its hands on a piece of the "Star Trek" franchise, picking up rights to the prequel series "Star Trek: Enterprise."

The deal with CBS Paramount Domestic TV, which syndicates "Enterprise," also includes an extension of the cable network's contract for "The Twilight Zone" as well as rights a pair of Stephen King miniseries and several short-lived shows with supernatural bents, among them "Threshold" and "Wolf Lake."

"We are delighted to be able to deliver so many successful programs to our audience," says Thomas Vitale, head of programming at Sci Fi. "Our deal with CBS Paramount enables us to bring a great deal of fresh and extremely popular genre programming to our schedule."

The centerpiece of the deal is "Enterprise," which ran on UPN from 2001-05 and will premiere on Sci Fi in the fall. It's set about 100 years after "First Contact" and stars Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer, commander of the newly commissioned ship Enterprise.

The deal also includes a number of shows from recent years that never got a chance to complete their initial runs on network TV. In addition to "Threshold" and "Wolf Lake," Sci Fi has picked up former UPN shows "Haunted," "Special Unit 2," "All Souls," "Jake 2.0" and "Level 9," as well as the mid-'90s FOX vampire show "Kindred: The Embraced."

Miniseries "The Stand" and "The Langoliers," both based on works by King, are also part of the agreement, along with several made-for-TV movies, one of which we must point out. It's called "Primal Force," and Sci Fi says it "features Ron Perlman as a rescuer trying to reach plane crash victims trapped on an island with mutant baboons."
    Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 02 August 2006, 07:07 PM. Reason: Added second link to press release
    sigpic

Hopefully this will be the start of a beautiful friendship.

...that'll eventually progress to something more, resulting in offspring, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Cool, I like this news. I'll be able to catch up on some of this show's episodes I missed over the years it was on.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sci-fi sure does seem to be slow to pick up on these things.....still, good for them. If I got the chennel, there's something I'd watch on it.

Comment

Ah, I thought the Sci Fi channel had previously shown Enterprise. It'll be interesting to see how it does against the Stargates and BSG, ratings wise.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I think Enterprise must be doing fairly decent in syndication- at least up here it has been in SPACE's prime evening timeslot every weeknight for nearly a year. It's a really good show to watch in strip run and think it's more enjoyable that way- more people might pick up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
              Ah, I thought the Sci Fi channel had previously shown Enterprise. It'll be interesting to see how it does against the Stargates and BSG, ratings wise.
              I think you thinking of the Original Star Trek, not Enterprise
              sigpic

Comment

^I see, I knew I'd seen a Trek show in the listings before. I'd normally grumble at you guys with all those channels dedicated to showing sci-fi, but thanks to the BBC, I can now watch TOS and TNG on Saturdays.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                I think Enterprise must be doing fairly decent in syndication- at least up here it has been in SPACE's prime evening timeslot every weeknight for nearly a year. It's a really good show to watch in strip run and think it's more enjoyable that way- more people might pick up on it.
                I wonder if they'll make it a Sci Fi Friday programme? Showing Enterprise could pull in more viewers as you said, and that can only be beneficial to the Stargates.

Comment

Wow! It looks like the Sci-Fi Channel has acquired the rights to show various Paramount TV movies and series (I couldn't find a thread anywhere for it--so here it is. If it's a duplicate, let me know and I'll have the mods combine it):

It looks like it includes some series that I really enjoyed in the past and can now see again. Like:

Jake 2.0 (A great show)
                  Kindred: The Embraced (FINALLY I can now see the end, which I missed the first time around)
                  Wolf Lake (kind of like Kindred only with werewolves)

And a few I missed the first time around:

All Souls
                  Threshhold
                  Enterprise
                  Level 9
                  Special Unit 2

The made-for-TV movies...eh, not so much. Anyway, the link is here for more info and a description of what the shows and movies are about:

http://trekweb.com/articles/2006/08/...ights-to.shtml

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Great, scifi will cancel the Stargates cause now they have all these shows to put in its place. God i hate this channel. Give us something orginal and not shows that sucked and got cancelled.

* sorry for those whom are fans of those shows.
                    LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

We do have a thread on this over in the Star Trek Section:
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=32253
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, thanks--I'll have the mods combine them.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Is there any chance they'll start producing episodes again?
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                            Is there any chance they'll start producing episodes again?
                            Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Do you mean new Enterprise episodes? It's just that there was a thread in the General Sci Fi and Fantasy folder that was merged with the 'Sci Fi beams up Enterprise' thread.

If you did mean new Star Trek: Enterprise episodes, then I would say nup, it is highly unlikely, that series is a goner.

Comment

if there are smart there would put entreprise between SG-1 and SGA I'm dead serous it would benefit both
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X