This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord of the Rings

Okay so I looked through this section didn't find it, and I figured it's been long enough if there was a thread that there should be a new one. I know I am not the only LOTR fan on here, just can't be so this is the thread dedicated to this beautiful book and trilogy of movies.

Though I do not think will ever see The Hobbit come into play on the big screen I am crossing my fingers somebody would do it...but I heard that PJ hated that book and never do it...phewie on him.

So any other fans out there that loved the movie? (P.S. I'm in my LOTR craze because I been watching my extended versions the last couple of days)

i loved the lotr movies, they were great and i've read all the books. i'd really like to see the hobbit made into a movie though.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I've never heard anything about Peter Jackson hating "The Hobbit", and has in fact mentioned the possibility of making it "someday" in more than one interview that I've read. I wouldn't hold my breath on it being made anytime soon, but I wouldn't despair of ever seeing it.
      "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
      -----

Comment

I've heard numerous times that he intended to make The Hobbit

Personally - I'd like to see the Sillmarillian made into a film! explain sauron, the grey and white wizards (AND THE OTHER THREE!) - WOULD ROCK
        Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

See I had heard the same thing but this one person was totally adamant that Peter Jackson thought the Hobbit was boring but if you love LOTR I just can't fathom how you could hate The Hobbit but that's me LOL..I’ll go with what I had heard and that some day he’d like to make one! .

I really like to see who they pick for King Thranduil the elf known for his temper LOL...and the dwarfs would be interesting to see who they would cast..if they would pick some unknown actors or some people we would reconize.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
            I've heard numerous times that he intended to make The Hobbit

Personally - I'd like to see the Sillmarillian made into a film! explain sauron, the grey and white wizards (AND THE OTHER THREE!) - WOULD ROCK
            Actually, I would rather see it as a miniseries, what with all the various chapters being (almost) self-contained stories.

Comment

I absolutely loved the Lord of the Rings movies. Excellent films.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yay, somebody finally made a thread. I love LOTR. I've seen all the movies a total of about 80 times. Like Fellowship of the Ring the best. Have read the books a dozen times or so too. Would really like to see the Hobbit made into a live-action movie some day. I read that book about once a year.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Oh so you all should get a kick out of this, I been dying to show it to a LOTR fan and I just laughed my butt off

How LOTR should have Ended

This cracks me up every time....

Comment

I thought the movies were great, and from what I read the Hobbit was great, I would hope it get turned to a movie
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by CCA
                      Oh so you all should get a kick out of this, I been dying to show it to a LOTR fan and I just laughed my butt off

Me too!!!

Say The Hobbit is an animated feature. http://lotr.ugo.com/animation/hobbit/
                      For the time being close enough!!!

Comment

Peter Jackson would LOVE to make The Hobbit except that the rights to it are held by Christopher Tolkien and he doesn't want to see any film version of The Hobbit. In fact, he didn't want any movies made of the trilogy either.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

That video was great, very funny. Was wondering why they didnt do that towards the end. Though it would have made everything alot shorter.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by CCA

Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I'm currently half way through reading The fellowship of the ring, and I'm already surprised how different it is from the movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X