Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's the Ori's right to extract energy from our universe.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the Ori's right to extract energy from our universe.

The Ancients create mini-universes within ZPMs and then proceeded to extract energy from that universe to power themselves. The Ori do the same thing, except they extract energy from our universe.

So us trying to attack the Ori, would be like a ZPM trying to attack the Ancients during the war against the Wraith.

But now its the war between the Ori and the Ascended Ancients where we are the ZPM for the Ori whereas the Ascended Ancients are like the Wraith (as in "they cant use ZPMs").

So maybe it's the Ori's right to extract energy from us.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by unknown.entity; 02 August 2006, 04:01 PM.
    sigpic

i dont want to be no ZPM.
    If you have a right to drink it doesnt meen you can steal drink.
    Hola

Hello

Comment

Yeah, but the "ZPM" the Ori are trying to use are sentient beings. I think that instantly makes it a big no-no.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowgate
        Yeah, but the "ZPM" the Ori are trying to use are sentient beings. I think that instantly makes it a big no-no.
        And you just assume that there are no sentient beings within the ZPM (mini-universe)? In a ZPM, the Ancients extracted energy from the mini-universe's space/time thus indirectly affecting any sentient beings within it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303
          i dont want to be no ZPM.
          If you have a right to drink it doesnt meen you can steal drink.
          So for example, if we had a right to drink orange juice, you're saying it doesn't mean we have the right to steal the life of oranges (their right to live) in order to drink it's juices? Because if thats what you're saying, im sorry to inform you that oranges all over the world have had their rights severely abused.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity
            And you just assume that there are no sentient beings within the ZPM (mini-universe)? In a ZPM, the Ancients extracted energy from the mini-universe's space/time thus indirectly affecting any sentient beings within it.
            The show hasn't said one way or another if it's even possible for life to form in a ZPM (which I highly doubt). Plus, I doubt the Ancients, as anal as they are about such things, would ever use a ZPM if they felt there was a reasonable chance sentient life would form in a ZPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowgate
              The show hasn't said one way or another if it's even possible for life to form in a ZPM (which I highly doubt). Plus, I doubt the Ancients, as anal as they are about such things, would ever use a ZPM if they felt there was a reasonable chance sentient life would form in a ZPM.
              I would think that it would be unreasonable for someone to assume that there isnt a reasonable chance life would form in a universe where space and time exist. Especially when they live in a universe which contradicts this assumption.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity
                I would think that it would be unreasonable for someone to assume that there isnt a reasonable chance life would form in a universe where space and time exist. Especially when they live in a universe which contradicts this assumption.
                It might be a universe where space and time exist, but it's also a factory produced universe designed to provide energy. Heck, it's probably nothing but energy. And in the off chance that there is sentient life in it, then it would be wrong for the Ancients to drain power from it if it killed those beings, just as it's wrong for the Ori to enslave sentients to drain power from them.

Comment

Working...
                X