This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interferance by the Ancients!

When the Wraith ship exploded in Pegasis Project it should have destroyed the stargate. Both Makay and Carter was suprised that it was intact and the expolsion caused the matter stream to jump to the super gate. The point I am making is that the Ancients interfered and made sure the gate survived.

It kind of fits with their mo of not directly getting involved but walking that fine line. So in a round about way they did help us. They prevented morgan le fe from telling Daniel where the wepon is, but they bought him the time to find it by preventing us been overwellmed by a vast number of Orii ships.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by your_god
    When the Wraith ship exploded in Pegasis Project it should have destroyed the stargate. Both Makay and Carter was suprised that it was intact and the expolsion caused the matter stream to jump to the super gate. The point I am making is that the Ancients interfered and made sure the gate survived.

It kind of fits with their mo of not directly getting involved but walking that fine line. So in a round about way they did help us. They prevented morgan le fe from telling Daniel where the wepon is, but they bought him the time to find it by preventing us been overwellmed by a vast number of Orii ships.

What do you guys think?
    Its possible, but there is no real proof saying they did. If they did interfear, then it was probaly one of the few people that would follow Morgan Fay, and they would probaly be punnished. You dont have to take mortal form to help. But we still dont have proof that the Ancients interfeared.
    Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Thats the whole point you cant prove it, but their is no way that gate should not have been destroyed. Its like in that ep when SG1 cause a sun to change and the people of the planet think its the end of the world. The Asgard cant interfear due to the protected planets treaty. Carter explodes a device in the matter steam hopping to solve the ploblem which she even says is not going to work,but low and behold it solves the ploblem. At the end of the ep everyone is in agreement that the Asgard just used sams attempt as a cover to help us. I believe that the same has happened in Pegasis Project with the Ancients.

If I am right when else could they have interfered when the right opportunity presented itself. After all Daniel has always said he felt he had the help of the Ancients during all the battles SG-1 has fought. Kind of looking out for us...any comments?

Comment

Maybe sort of thing that happned in Red Sky, maybe the Asgard helped maybe they didn't.

We can never prove it but it seems likely..

Comment

Originally posted by your_god

What do you guys think?
          I think its possible, but somehow i doubt it, Why else would they drag her away then if they just intended to keep the gate from getting destoryed? But hey i'm not the writers.
          Christopher H.
          Stargate Atlantis Fan
          WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

I guess anything's possible. If so though, maybe we'll hear about it in a future episode or something.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wasn't there another instance a few seasons back of the SGC's self-destruct countdown being stopped in time to save everyone and that was attributed to Oma or someone as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                Wasn't there another instance a few seasons back of the SGC's self-destruct countdown being stopped in time to save everyone and that was attributed to Oma or someone as well?
                they said it might of been her or the others stopped it there was no proof just a theory they conducted.
                sigpic

Comment

Well considering that the explosion damaged an Ori ship and was destroyed shortly there-after by the vortex I would say its possible that they allowed the gate to survive and that would give them at least sometime or unless the Ori deside to build another Supergate.

Comment

it's an intersting theory , didn't think of that !

Comment

There's no way to tell that our gatebusters actually destroy stargates. The problem with testing is that the power usually destroys everything in teh area of the bomb. Heck, our first one at beachhead survived (though it could be because of the prior, but I'd like to think that all the Prior was doing was channeling the gate's storage capacity into the shield.)

So ebfore you make such finite statements, know that there are always mitigating circumstances. I'm sure blackholes also have something to do wo wiht their success.

Comment

There's no evidence supporting or disproving that theory. However you can also say that the furlings were using their telepathic powers to flood the Ori with images of furry little critters dancing so they'd be distracted enough to not discover the gate.

Comment

Oh those tricky Furlings...

Comment

when has a stargate ever been destroyed by a explosion

Comment

Originally posted by becauseitissoclear
                              when has a stargate ever been destroyed by a explosion
                              When Anubis overloaded ours and we took it into space.
                              I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Working...
                              X