This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Mitchell different this season?

I can't decide if Mitchell is different this season or not. I know the writers toned down Vala so more people would like her and accept her. Do you think they made Mitchell more, I don't know, competent? In three eps so far, he is less gung ho and more serious.

I kind of miss his enthusiasm and hyperness (?) from last season. But he was also serious last season too. Maybe it's the Ori.

What do you think? Is Mitchell different? If so, is it natural? Or did the writers pull a Vala on him?

yes he is not the center is attention this season everyone is getting equal time and stories
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

He seems a little more serious, yeah. But I still miss Bens John Crichton persona.
      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Busterfan
        I can't decide if Mitchell is different this season or not. I know the writers toned down Vala so more people would like her and accept her. Do you think they made Mitchell more, I don't know, competent? In three eps so far, he is less gung ho and more serious.
        Well, if this were a show in which events influence character--you tell me--I would say that events of the defeat at the hands of the Ori would have a sobering effect on anyone. It may be a "this season" to us, but to the characters on the show, it's a continuous timeline.

Comment

he's more of a <snip> in season 10 but hey vala's here
          Last edited by Skydiver; 02 August 2006, 05:09 PM.
          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Folks are entitled to thier opinions, but let's watch the language please
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

IMO Mitchell is different and more likable.

spoiler season 9:

Spoiler:
              In season 9 I though of him as the man who is going to solve everything and who is the 'hero'. He thought off himself that he was the best man and that he was everything. That he was better that the team and that he was THE MAN. He also was for me to much of a replacement for Jack. His jokes were to much alike of the ones Jack made. And for me they were misplaced jokes. They did not have the effect like Jack would have said it. It was more hurting than joking IMO
              Like the line Mitchell said to Sam about being Marry Poppins. I just hated that line, there is nothing about it that I thought was nice. But I think if Jack had said that I would have loved it. And I think that is because we know the friendship their is between sam and jack and between jack and the team. So the outcome would be totally different
              With Cam we don't know a thing about the friendship he has with Sam and the team. I mean TPTB didn't really go into that...So we can only guess they have a kind of friendship going on but IMO they are not really that close friends. But that will grow as longer they know eachother. Like it also grew with Jack and the team
              I also had some issues with Mitchell being the leader of the team...probably because I thought Sam would have been the logical leader of SG1 cause she was it already in season 8. But I accepted the fact that he was the leader but I didn't accept it how he was with Sam when he had the lead. I mean instead of listening to what she had to say, he just did what he thought was right. And I mean Sam has much more experiences with Sg1 so it would be normal to listen to her.

spoiler season 10

Spoiler:
              In season 10, well the few eps, I think that Mitchell has changed a bit. He starts to listen more to Sam and he knows that is the best way to survive things. He still does his own thing from time to time but he really thinks about it. And he thinks about the consequences it can have and will have. But sometimes you just need to do things even if they are dangerous. thinking about him saving Sam without really listening to her. And IMO he really respects Sam more, much more than in season 10 IMO.

So yes for me he has changed and for me in a good way.

Comment

He's a lot more serious. I tend to think the Camelot battle shocked him as to the gravity of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Busterfan

I kind of miss his enthusiasm and hyperness (?) from last season. But he was also serious last season too. Maybe it's the Ori.

What do you think? Is Mitchell different? If so, is it natural? Or did the writers pull a Vala on him?
                  I think his experience at the Supergate affected him in ways he's not talking about... other then that, its the same Mitchell, just a little toned down. I never felt he was the "center of attention" as some people believe in season 9. Some attention is needed when you have a new central character bringing people back together, that's just called story telling, and some people like it others don't.

Comment

I don't think Cam is different at all this season. He's just fitting in better now, that's all. Things aren't so "new" to him anymore.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                    X