This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The anti season 11 thread for complaints and misgivings only

someone had to make it this thread is for those who feel that there should just stick the fork in SG-1 and say it done and focus on SGA. so far in season 10 the rating haven't been doing so good there trying to fit vala in the show with mixed reviews and with the aging actors there not much else there can do with them that hasn't already been done

and here some more sad news http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=32266
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 03 August 2006, 02:08 AM. Reason: spelling error
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Oh, what the heck. Everyone thinks I never post positive anyway, so here you go.
    I positively think they should stick a fork in it at this point

SGA I wish could pull itself together as I like the characters a lot more, but I have doubts in it considering the same people make both shows.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

As we have gone into season 10, the more I keep thinking they should have finished up SG-1, and started fresh with the Ori story.

It doesn't sound like much of a change, but I know that personally I always at least watch the first episode of shows that Air on T.V here in New Zealand
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

You're all crazy!

I want SG1 forever

Comment

Haha. That didnt take long.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I hate to say it but I have reading better fan fics lately than some of what has been aired. Yes, fanes have come up with way better plots.

I think they should have made seaon 8 thier last and placed all the resources in SGA. Maybe they could have brought in some of the remianing SG-1 stares and have a whole plot based on Sheppard's team being in the shadow of SG-1. That would have been far more intresting then Ori and Vala, Mitchell, ect.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Michael Shanks was planning on joining the regular cast of Atlantis after Season 8 but of course...that didn't happen. I shouldn't be here, heh. =P
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie
                I hate to say it but I have reading better fan fics lately than some of what has been aired. Yes, fanes have come up with way better plots.

I think they should have made seaon 8 thier last and placed all the resources in SGA. Maybe they could have brought in some of the remianing SG-1 stares and have a whole plot based on Sheppard's team being in the shadow of SG-1. That would have been far more intresting then Ori and Vala, Mitchell, ect.
                That would have made more sense. They complain about how expensive the show is now (both shows pull from the same pot). So they should have let SG-1 end, since they actually ended anyway. And instead of making this new spinoff with SG-1s name they could have concentrated all their money and efforts on making Atlantis even better.

Comment

A True Stargate Fan - Pro Season 10 and beyond!
                  That's what a 'true' SG1 fan is, is it? Gosh, and here I thought having watched and adored eight seasons rather qualified me. Who'd have thunk it? I will now see the error of my belief and no longer refer to myself as a true SG1 fan. Thanks ever so much for educating me on this one, Descent.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

Albion
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Yes, your very welcome Albion. Well played. Should support that show you've been watching for so long.
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                      That's what a 'true' SG1 fan is, is it? Gosh, and here I thought having watched and adored eight seasons rather qualified me. Who'd have thunk it? I will now see the error of my belief and no longer refer to myself as a true SG1 fan. Thanks ever so much for educating me on this one, Descent.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

Albion
                      Maybe not a TRUE fan but certainly a Diehard fan of the TRUE SG-1 .

As opposed to the TRUE fans of the bizzaro SG-1

Comment

Let me clarify a few things first before I post my opinion

Season 9 sucked awfully

Season 10 is not shaping up any better

I despise Atlantis after Season 1

I truly feel the cast of SG-1 is really talented and despite the god awful Ori story line feel there are millions of possible plots and potential left in the SG-1 universe.

Cancel Atlantis, fire all those writers, let the production team focus fully on SG-1 and get some new blood in the writing staff. Pull one of their reset button episodes with regards to the Ori and explore some of the other storylines available. if not that, definately end SG-1 and Atlantis with everyone dying to save the day. Only way I could be happy with the series ending at this point. Especially Atlantis. They really really really suck.

Comment

I hope they cancel it right beforte the 200th episode. HAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
                            You're all crazy!

I want SG1 forever

Ditto... What's the point in starting over, its the same show, just newer faces in the war against a new enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              Maybe not a TRUE fan but certainly a Diehard fan of the TRUE SG-1 .

As opposed to the TRUE fans of the bizzaro SG-1
                              You're totally entitled to your opinion. But it isn't the "bizzaro SG-1" to a lot of us.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X