Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Effects of a black hole...wrong? (spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effects of a black hole...wrong? (spoilers)

We know from the earlier episode (where that SG team was lost due to a black hole being near the planet they were on) that anyone near a black hole experiences a slowdown of time passage.

If they'd been able to communicate with Earth, Earth would have heard them talking very slowly, while they'd have heard the voices from Earth talking very fast.

Thing is, in PEGASUS PROJECT (10.03), while Teal'c hears the guys near the black hole talking slowly, THEY also hear HIM talking slow.

Shouldn't they have heard his voice as fast and high?

Logic error on the part of the producers/writers/audio guys?

Yeah I think it was. I noticed that too during the episode... I have been trying to explain it otherwise and I got nothing..... yet.

Steve

Comment

Are you talking about when the SGC contacts Teal'c from a nearby planet and it sounds normal? if so..

It's possible the delay and pitch shift happen because the wormhole itsself gets slowed down by the blackhole and not the signal as it travels to/from the gate, the blackhole might be too far away for that.
      SPACE MACGYVER!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

Stargate: transports more than just matter.

That's the reason why Atlantis had to go through a whole chain to give Odyssey the news of the Hive Ship, because Teal'c himself was near a stargate which was close enough to the Deadalus.

Comment

The slowdown was caused by the signal travelling close to the PG black hole. The folks aboard the Odyssey weren't close enough for the time dilation to play a significant role on their ship itself.

Comment

Sci Fi??
            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Working...
            X