Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they really that much better off? (Major Pegasus Project spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they really that much better off? (Major Pegasus Project spoilers)

So, they have prevented the Ori from using the supergate. To me, all that means is the Ori will build another one (apparently they aren't it short supply, the have built two already) and now we will have no clue at all if more ships have been sent to the Milky Way.

At least before we new how many Ori ships were kicking our ass, now they we never be sure.

I know that the one of the Ori ships up blown up as a result, but they could have never known that was going to happen.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

We had Bra'tac looking over that supergate didn't we so there probebly aren't any more Ori ships here. Why don't the just travel through space instead of the gate they get help from ascended beings they could travel between galaxies.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904
      We had Bra'tac looking over that supergate didn't we so there probebly aren't any more Ori ships here. Why don't the just travel through space instead of the gate they get help from ascended beings they could travel between galaxies.
      Yeah, I know. What I mean is that in the future, if they do decide to send more ship, we will have no idea.

If you could just between instant travel through a stargate, or possibly weeks stuck on board a ship, which would you choose?

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
        So, they have prevented the Ori from using the supergate. To me, all that means is the Ori will build another one (apparently they aren't it short supply, the have built two already) and now we will have no clue at all if more ships have been sent to the Milky Way.

At least before we new how many Ori ships were kicking our ass, now they we never be sure.

I know that the one of the Ori ships up blown up as a result, but they could have never known that was going to happen.

Yeah but i think there could only be one SUPER GATE per galaxy ... Kind of like you can only have one gate per planet or Solar system .

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
          Yeah but i think there could only be one SUPER GATE per galaxy ... Kind of like you can only have one gate per planet or Solar system .

That's an unfounded assumption, but who knows you may be correct.

Perfecto!

Comment

agreed
            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

disagreed. You can have more than one stargate in a solar system. Just needs to have another adress.

Comment

I'm gonna have to disagree. I don't see why it would be any different to a normal stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                  I'm gonna have to disagree. I don't see why it would be any different to a normal stargate.
                  In Pegasus Project, SG1 travels to Atlantis because the supergate is designed to be dialed from a different galaxy. They couldn't attempt their plan from in the Milky Way. This would support the theory that there can only be one supergate in a galaxy.

Originally posted by tobi
                  disagreed. You can have more than one stargate in a solar system. Just needs to have another adress.
                  The address for any solar system is the same. In Watergate, for example, Earth had two gates. One was from Gaza and one was from Antarctica. They may have had different addresses at one point, but when they were both on Earth they updated to the same address.
                  SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

well, it'll probably be 14 episodes til the next supergate arrives

Comment

There's a slight possibility that that Supergate is on the periphery of the Galaxy somewhere. It's entirely possible another gate could be assembled on the far side of the Galaxy, which is not the same as suggesting that a galaxy has only one set of coordinates.

Recall, Beachhead, took place on a completely different star system then the system where the Supergate was finally constructed. The Ori are able to dial into any gate in our galaxy from their's, apparently. Suggesting the Ori have a far greater understanding of our Gate network then we do. Because of only being able to target a galaxy only, they can target a specific gate in that galaxy.

Now, what advantage does the Supergate being neutralized have for the Galaxy? Well, in Pegasus Project, the Ori had been promising reinforcements. If you look at the probable time elapsed between the first Supergate attempt and the second. You're talking about possibly 5-8 months time elapsed between those two events (If a season of Stargate equates to a year real-time). What does that tell us? That the Ori don't have supergates growing on trees. It will take them time to replace it, but they absolutely can replace it. So we've bought ourselves time.

The three remaining Ori ships are being tracked. When more start showing up, the Allies will know to begin searching again for a new Supergate. But until then they have merely bought the Milkyway breathing space to possibly come up with some effective countermeasures, or perhapes allow SG-1 to find the Grail.

Comment

The Supergate being knocked out of the equation brings several advantages. As Selin Peers said, it brings us time to find and mount some sort of defense against the Ori. It cuts the three surviving ships off from reinforcements for a while. Not only that but it brings a much needed victory to the table proving to the rest of the galaxy that is entirely possible to beat the Ori. It also makes a statement that the Ori are not the gods they claim to be. Would not gods be able to see that event coming and stop it thus preventing the loss of the Supergate and one of their warships?

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                          In Pegasus Project, SG1 travels to Atlantis because the supergate is designed to be dialed from a different galaxy. They couldn't attempt their plan from in the Milky Way. This would support the theory that there can only be one supergate in a galaxy.
                          I don't see how, all it proves is that you have to be in another galaxy to dial a supergate...

Comment

Working...
                          X