This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas Quinn/CN poll

Hello! It's veryangrystargatefan again! I'm going to try to get the mods to open a poll here to vote on whether or not TPTB, and I use that loosely, at Stargate should initiate a return for Jonas and an avenue for Corin to return to the SG universe PERMANENTLY in some form! Please vote when the poll appears. When I have enough votes, I'm going to print the poll and mail it in to let these people know what the fans want and if they listen not only would the ratings rebound from the slow start, but Corin would be back on Stargate where he belongs.

Cheers,
    Rachel

P.S.- Jonas/Corin fans UNITE!!!!!!
    Yes, absolutely!
    45.65%
    No, they don't need him.
    13.04%
    Yes, but only as a guest star
    30.43%
    Yes, but put him on Atlantis instead.
    10.87%

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

One more thing. If you have something POSITIVE to say about Corin and his character, feel free to post it here to help the cause! If you want to say something nonconstructive about the character, please take it elsewhere. I'm hoping to get enough positive votes to make a difference!

Hugs,
    Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

He was such a great character on the show!!!! I almost cried when he left....Actually I did cry!!! I would love to see him return, even if it is just as a guest star. Corin Nemec is a great actor and he added a certain spark to the show that, IMHO, was missing from the show at the time. I want him to come back!!!!

Btw...great idea for a poll!!!

Comment

Awesome jonasgurl! Thank you very much for your support! Help us drum up as much positive influence as you can by spreading the word to folks you know that may want to help!

Comment

I know a few friends that might be able to help. I'll lure them over here!!

Comment

Well, if you jigger the results to get the outcome you want then you can't say it's an accurate reflection of what fandom feels.

Of course, the other factions will also be trying to jigger the results, so all you wind up with is another lopsided mess with everyone claiming some form of victory.

To be perfectly honest? I don't think there's a place for Jonas on EITHER show anymore and I'm not sure I'd want him to come back simply because I doubt TPTB would do a very good job of it. That is, of course, ignoring the fact that said producers will never invite Corin back to ANY show for ANY length of time.

HOWEVER, in the spirit of the thing, I'd want him to be on Atlantis. At least I still watch that show. On occasion. And at least some of the writers there aren't completely corrupted and incapable of telling a good story and one or two of them still know what character development is. So yeah, I think his best shot would be Atlantis. The fact that he was originally supposed to be spun off there anyway before all the excuses started just makes it that much more viable to me. In an impossible dream sort of way.

Comment

As co-conspirator on this thread, I wanted to come on and say hi. Also, that I love Jonas and want him back full time. I'm not sure that I have a preference whether it's SG1 or Atlantis, neither of which I watch at this time. SG1 because of th shafting they gave the shippers, and Atlantis because I just never got interested. However, having Jonas there would definitely get me watching! I mean, with all the soldiers and all, I think they could use a young, idealistic diplomat to help out whatshername. <g>
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I agree with ShadowMaat, I think I would like to see Jonas on Atlantis rather then SG1. He would be the Daniel Jackson of the team(obviously) He did his part at the SGC and now he could contribute to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by jonasgurl1
                  I agree with ShadowMaat, I think I would like to see Jonas on Atlantis rather then SG1. He would be the Daniel Jackson of the team(obviously) He did his part at the SGC and now he could contribute to Atlantis.
                  I would like to see him on either show, but I guess I don't see him as "The Daniel Jackson" of the team, even when he was on SG1. Daniel was an archeologist and linguist. Jonas was a diplomat. The only reason he was able to "stand in" for Daniel was that he was a fast learner and was able to pick up a good deal of his training and knowledge.

In reality, very few scientists are capable of being diplomats (they revere science to the exclusion of all else, including social niceties), while diplomats are too social to be scientists (who have to be shut away working alone a lot of the time).
                  - Mary
                  SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                  Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I personally don't care which show he comes back on as long as he comes back! I've always loved the character of Jonas! Heck, that character got me hooked on Stargate! Also, having met Corin in person, I am compelled to do something about the way he was screwed out. I know people think this is just blowing steam around but who knows, if we make enough noise, we may just make some sort of difference.

Comment

Weir isn't proving to be much of a diplomat. Maybe Jonas could give her some pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Weir isn't proving to be much of a diplomat. Maybe Jonas could give her some pointers.
                        Now there's an idea!! Quick! someone write to the writers of the show about the idea

Comment

As someone who's a rung or two up the evolutionary ladder, I can see them assigning him to explore the city; he has the same affinity for Ancient tech that Carson and Shep have (I'd guess MORE so, but I doubt the writers would ever allow Shep to be trumped at anything, least of all that) and I can see him feeling more at home in the city of the Ancients than he does anywhere else: at last it'd be a place where he belonged... and was appreciated.

Blahb, blah, his homeworld needs him, I know. But while it may need him it sure didn't look as if it appreciated him very much despite all his efforts. Or maybe because of them.

Atlantis could have been his niche. Might be nice to see that play out.

Comment

And think of this - if Jonas Quinn were on Atlantis, perhaps then we'd have a break from the "Rodne McKay Whining/Spectaular Save Hour".
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                              And think of this - if Jonas Quinn were on Atlantis, perhaps then we'd have a break from the "Rodney McKay Whining/Spectaular Save Hour".
                              Pfft. We should be so lucky. Still, might be interesting to see the "little alien guy" play off of McKay- since McKay-centrism is an unavoidable must in all episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X