This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ancients (spoilers)

First off, the Ori ship that got destroyed. Those are two pretty hefty chunks floating about in space. I wonder if it'll just be forgotten or if they'll think (or I suppose if they already thought) to mention us salvaging parts from the wreckage for study. Even if the central/majority of the ship is destroyed, it can still give us a look into thier tech.

As for the Ancients...were not the Ori only gaining followers in an attempt to gain more power over the ancients and defeat them? Seems to me if the Ancients want to be so useless and not care about the lower planes, then perhaps we shouldn't care about the upper planes. Use Merlins weapon in our own galaxy as well as the Ori's. If the Ancients allowed Anubis to decend partially and do all of that damage...and if they used thie rpower to wipe out an entire planet (remember hwen we first met orlin?)..then I think they deserve the same fate as the Ori.

Well if they don't care it doesn't matter to them, if "we" don't care then we get wiped out.

Especially if we use the weapon on them. Take away the ancients and the Ori will burn the entire MW with just a thought.

Comment

That's true; its only because of the Ancients that the Ori aren't using their powers directly to conquer the galaxy.

Comment

Those *******s!

Anyway, I still believe the Ancients will come through for us lowers if the situation really requires it. Morgan LaFey already said there are more who think like her, but not enough. Who says that won't change in the future? In the end, not even the Ancients will be stubborn enough to let the whole universe be taken over by the Ori and let themselves be destroyed. This time it's their collective asses on the line as well.
        *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

their are still alot of ancients in the peg galaxy,perhaps millions!!!

they might be used for back-up
          sigpic

Comment

I don't think ascended beings are restricted to one galaxy, they have to be able to travel between them pretty much instantly. The Ori probably hang around our galaxy as well, they just can't do anything...
            *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

Originally posted by pRyvvik
              First off, the Ori ship that got destroyed. Those are two pretty hefty chunks floating about in space. I wonder if it'll just be forgotten or if they'll think (or I suppose if they already thought) to mention us salvaging parts from the wreckage for study. Even if the central/majority of the ship is destroyed, it can still give us a look into thier tech.

As for the Ancients...were not the Ori only gaining followers in an attempt to gain more power over the ancients and defeat them? Seems to me if the Ancients want to be so useless and not care about the lower planes, then perhaps we shouldn't care about the upper planes. Use Merlins weapon in our own galaxy as well as the Ori's. If the Ancients allowed Anubis to decend partially and do all of that damage...and if they used thie rpower to wipe out an entire planet (remember hwen we first met orlin?)..then I think they deserve the same fate as the Ori.
              yeah, I hope they dont just ignore that. We better salvage it.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

I have a hunch the ancients will come through...eventually. Though I have no way to substantiate this. Unless humanity in general just...ascends or something, which I don't really see happening in the context of this show.

Either that, or SG-1 is going to be ridiculously lucky...

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                  Well if they don't care it doesn't matter to them, if "we" don't care then we get wiped out.

Especially if we use the weapon on them. Take away the ancients and the Ori will burn the entire MW with just a thought.
                  Well no, we'd be safe from the Ori aswell because the weapon wouldn't allow for Ascended beings in our universe...

Comment

Working...
                  X