This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how to defeat an Ori ship.

Find a ship with shields that can temporarily withstand Ori firepower i.e asgard shields. Attach a normal stargate to the front of the ship. Fly 1-2 meters away from the Ori ship and dial out. The kawoosh will penetrate the Ori shields and if that doesn't blow it up, normal weapons (warheads) should take it out now that the shields are depleted/inactive.
    sigpic

Ok, several problems:

1. The kawoosh will not take away the shielding. It will only penetrate it, and the shield willl reform when the kawoosh "returns" to the event horizon.

2. The kawoosh will not reach an Ori ship's hull since the shield is too far from it.

Comment

Now this was something I considered myself, the use of an active Stargate's plume to harm an Ori vessel, but it's implausible. Even if you could hypothetically get it past the shields somehow, there's still the matter of targeting the Kawoosh. It only destroys so much, and the Ori ships are massive.

Comment

Because we have loads of ships lying around which can withstand Ori weapon fire
        An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
          Ok, several problems:

1. The kawoosh will not take away the shielding. It will only penetrate it, and the shield willl reform when the kawoosh "returns" to the event horizon.

2. The kawoosh will not reach an Ori ship's hull since the shield is too far from it.
          Darn... you're right. I can't believe I didn't realise that it wouldn't reach the hull!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
            Because we have loads of ships lying around which can withstand Ori weapon fire
            I said "temporarily" withstand Ori weapon fire. Asgard shields can withstand one shot from the "Ori beam of death" as shown in Camelot. And im sure the Asgard would still have quite a few ships "lying around".
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe the Asguard can artificially create the artificial woosh effect lol but on the scale of a supergate

Wonder does anyone know what the Kawoosh is and why it's so powerful?

Comment

There is a MUCH better way...

We know that an X-302 can jump to hyperspace for a few milliseconds to bypass shields, it was done to get inside Anubis's mothership shields.

Just need to rig some X-302's for remote control and strap a nuke to the wing
                Fly that inside an ori ships shields and BOOM, one less ori ship.

And for those days when a nuke is not enough, strap the tainted ZPM to the X-302, launch it, and get out of the solar system!

ok.. that last part was overkill
                SPACE MACGYVER!!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

Originally posted by AncientsRGods
                  Maybe the Asguard can artificially create the artificial woosh effect lol but on the scale of a supergate

Wonder does anyone know what the Kawoosh is and why it's so powerful?
                  Yeah thats what I was thinking. Though if someone did figure out how to artificially create the "kawoosh", im guessing it wouldn't be hard to extend the length of it. So there wouldn't be any need for a supergate "kawoosh" if we can just extend the normal "kawoosh". Lol it sounds stupid saying "kawoosh" so many times...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psi
                    There is a MUCH better way...

We know that an X-302 can jump to hyperspace for a few milliseconds to bypass shields, it was done to get inside Anubis's mothership shields.

Just need to rig some X-302's for remote control and strap a nuke to the wing
                    Fly that inside an ori ships shields and BOOM, one less ori ship.

And for those days when a nuke is not enough, strap the tainted ZPM to the X-302, launch it, and get out of the solar system!

ok.. that last part was overkill
                    Omg I love that theory. That'll prolly work too! Can anyone see any flaws in this?
                    sigpic

Comment

The only flaw is that it's been mentioned about a bazillion times here.

Comment

And that we'd loose a ZPM.

I think we need to keep it for when a whole Ori fleet comes through.

There have been tons of occasion where it would've been handy...

Comment

Working...
                        X