This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori Ship (TPP Spoilers)

First Off... Everyone has to love the Irony of destroying a Wraith Ship to destroy an Ori Ship.

But when the Ori Ship gets cut in half by the vortex, we see the bang but after when we see it in Teal'c's ship, it's only divided into 2 pieces. Usually, all the ships break off into many, many pieces when they're blown up. (Wraith Hives, Gou'ld motherships, Prommie, Korelev, etc etc)

Also, there's usually a Prior on board and a Prior can "ascend"... well the Ori in it leaves the Prior, meaning the Ori would know that the Supergate is activated and one of the ships were destroyed instantly and thus, Adria would know. But what I don't get is... the Prior can easily save everyone on its ship too, can't he? So my point is, is the ship really destroyed?
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Originally posted by Xanderic
    First Off... Everyone has to love the Irony of destroying a Wraith Ship to destroy an Ori Ship.

But when the Ori Ship gets cut in half by the vortex, we see the bang but after when we see it in Teal'c's ship, it's only divided into 2 pieces. Usually, all the ships break off into many, many pieces when they're blown up. (Wraith Hives, Gou'ld motherships, Prommie, Korelev, etc etc)

Also, there's usually a Prior on board and a Prior can "ascend"... well the Ori in it leaves the Prior, meaning the Ori would know that the Supergate is activated and one of the ships were destroyed instantly and thus, Adria would know. But what I don't get is... the Prior can easily save everyone on its ship too, can't he? So my point is, is the ship really destroyed?
    Good question. I seriously doubt the Ori would ascened anyone considering their power comes from blind faith. Giving their lives in the name of the Ori would give them a huge power boost. I think everyone died, however the Ori definatly know what we have done and they will not let us soon regret it. They will make us pay!
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Its hard to tell form the brief shot we get after the explosion, but it looks to me like it is in many pieces, not just 2.

As for the prior, he can't ascend, he's just a pawn of the Ori. He also doesn't have an Ori, they can't come to our galaxy right now, the Ancients are preventing it. So yeah, the ship and all its crew are dead.

Comment

They don't need to ascend them. Just Save the followers from dying. Without followers to control their weapons/ships and assimilate the Milky Way Galaxy, the Ori are nothing. Plus, they need the followers to worship them so that they gain power.

And we saw in Season 9 that to become a Prior, the chief guy was brought to Celestis where an ascended Ori being entered his body at the Wall of Fire thingie so he can't really ascend, but the ascended Ori should be able to leave the body.

Also, the ship may be in more than 2 pieces but in the screencap, the ship has a general look to it that it is almost still in a form of a ship, not in a billion pieces scattered around.
        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Also, the ship may be in more than 2 pieces but in the screencap, the ship has a general look to it that it is almost still in a form of a ship, not in a billion pieces scattered around.
          For the most part, it is in two pieces. All that really proves is that the Ori ships are really flipping tough.

Comment

Bear in the mind that the ori ship was not blown up, the middle was vaporized.

Comment

Originally posted by K-9
              Bear in the mind that the ori ship was not blown up, the middle was vaporized.
              I am pretty sure that the Ori ship blew up shortly after being halfed. Right before we cut back to carter, mitchel, and mckay we can see several explosions throughout the ship.

Comment

No question that there were seconday explosions following the incident, but the ship was not "blown up" per se.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
                  Its hard to tell form the brief shot we get after the explosion, but it looks to me like it is in many pieces, not just 2.

As for the prior, he can't ascend, he's just a pawn of the Ori. He also doesn't have an Ori, they can't come to our galaxy right now, the Ancients are preventing it. So yeah, the ship and all its crew are dead.
                  I agree. All onboard were probably killed, or died soon after. Definitley no one ascended, since that isn't the Ori's way. However, they will know what happened. And boy will they be upset. I see some serious revenge in the near future.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    I agree. All onboard were probably killed, or died soon after. Definitley no one ascended, since that isn't the Ori's way. However, they will know what happened. And boy will they be upset. I see some serious revenge in the near future.
                    A Prior can "cure" death... as we saw with Vala in the beginning of Season 9... Therefore, the prior on the Ori ship can make everyone cheat death. They don't have to ascend. They just have to be alive via the Prior.

Comment

A Prior can "cure" death... as we saw with Vala in the beginning of Season 9... Therefore, the prior on the Ori ship can make everyone cheat death. They don't have to ascend. They just have to be alive via the Prior.
                      And go where? They were adrift in space. I'm pretty sure most, including the Prior, died when that kawoosh devastated their ship.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't think a prior can keep that many people alive at the same time. A roomful maybe, but not an entire mothership.

Comment

Did you see "The Powers That Be?" For some strange reason, I get the feeling that no one was on that ship. Didn't it seem like it was on autopilot? Almost like it was waiting for the Kawoosh to happen. That's Ori technology. I'm certian that Adria knows how to shut the Supergate down. I think the Ori already have a base in the Milky Way, where they can make new ships, and weapons for their followers. I'll say this a second time, I truly do believe that the Ori hate the Ancient's enough, to allow a few of their followers to ascend.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                            Did you see "The Powers That Be?" For some strange reason, I get the feeling that no one was on that ship. Didn't it seem like it was on autopilot? Almost like it was waiting for the Kawoosh to happen. That's Ori technology. I'm certian that Adria knows how to shut the Supergate down. I think the Ori already have a base in the Milky Way, where they can make new ships, and weapons for their followers. I'll say this a second time, I truly do believe that the Ori hate the Ancient's enough, to allow a few of their followers to ascend.
                            maybe.. but I don't think so... it had to turn around when it detected Teal'c and it was about to fire at Teal'c

Also, I don't think they can make new ships in MW. I think they have the materials in their galaxy to make it not MW.

Comment

I think that when it was hit by the kawoosh the ship was split into two large chunks. And those chunks are probably intact enough that we could maybe slavage some tech or learn something new, perhaps a weakness in shield technology or how to reproduce their weapons.

Comment

Working...
                              X