This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard on the Odyseey

pardon me if this has been discussed before but I couldn't seem to find anything.

Does the Odyseey have a Asgard "helper" as the Dadelus does?

If not, how are they getting away with using the beaming tech without one yet we still need one on the D?

Hermiod is there to supervise with the intergalactic Hyperdrive. We've been using beaming technology without an asgard for a long time, since the prometheus.

Kvasir was on the Odyssey, but only during the battle of the supergate. It's unknown whether or not he's still there.

What I was curious about was whether or not Kvasir was there to oversee the intergalactic hyperdrive on teh Odyssey or if they had collected enough data from Daedalus to do it without Asgard assistance.

Comment

I thought one of the reasons for having a Asgard onboard was not only for hyperdrive work but to also make sure the beaming tech was not abused. (as mentioned here: http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/s...daedalus.shtml)

Comment

They put software safeguards in place, hence why Caldwell had Hermiod disable it to beam a nuke on the hive ship. Since Odyssey can do this too, it can be assumed that the decision to do that has been approved by the High council.

either that or we copied the daedalus codes to the Odyssey and goign behind the back of the asgard.

Comment

Also, you can regulate and rpevent people from abusing technology such as the beaming tech with software. It's REALLY easy to do that. But in order to do magic with the hyperdrive (Critical Mass -- When they had to pump more power into the hyperdrive engines to get it close enough to transmit a message to atlantis), it requires Asgard calculations and expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by akbar56
            I thought one of the reasons for having a Asgard onboard was not only for hyperdrive work but to also make sure the beaming tech was not abused. (as mentioned here: http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/s...daedalus.shtml)
            Yup yup. You are correct.

Kvasir hads been there the hole time. Just because you don't see him doesn't mean he isn't there.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK

Kvasir hads been there the hole time. Just because you don't see him doesn't mean he isn't there.
              Exactly they love telling us characters are their but don't show them!

Daniel: "I miss Thor"
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK

I thought so, I just couldnt recall seeing him last week and couldn't remember any in the past.

Comment

kvasir was on there after his oneill got ownd (for those ownd = destroyed or damaged/disabled)
                  A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                    kvasir was on there after his oneill got ownd (for those ownd = destroyed or damaged/disabled)
                    The Asgard ship didn't get destroyed, you will find out more about this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtvr4
                      The Asgard ship didn't get destroyed, you will find out more about this soon.
                      That and it's not Kvasir's ship.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                      X