Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate mentioned in Boston Herald article on 'Eureka' (not in a good way)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate mentioned in Boston Herald article on 'Eureka' (not in a good way)

This article is two weeks old, but I could find it already on here.
    While searching for the ratings for Eureka's other episodes, I found this. Just thought you might want to read it...

...snip...
    A late twist revealing one of the townspeople to be a killer is just unpleasant.

Sci Fi should be commended for upgrading its production look over its typical “Stargate” Wal-Mart mash. In comparison to that franchise, “Eureka” might well as be a Peter Jackson epic. But there’s not a lot of dramatic tension and not nearly enough weirdness to bring you back.

If “Eureka” intends on sticking around, it better smarten up.
    ...snip...
    Full article here.

Heads will roll who is the author of this article . You are jumping the gun on taking the criticism of this guy seriously. The title of the article "‘Eureka’ moment: Shame oddball Sci Fi show falls a little flat" I am not an Ancient, but it doenst take a genius to spot this is not a sci fi genre friendly article. More than likely a journalist trying to get readership up off a popular new show. The ad campaign for Eureka was huge and you gave them a couple more readers.

Comment

This is just one guy's opinion...and critics will say anything to get attention.

I've got couple of friends who are critics for newspapers' entertainment columns...they say they'll put down anything that'll get people talking.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I would not compare Eureka to any epic, especially not Lord of the Rings. It hasn't even completed half a season. How can it be compared to an epic. Stargate is a FRANCHISE!
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I agree with all of the above comments; Journalists - bleh...
          It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Just another unimportant person writing a stupid article. Means nothing to me.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Does anybody feel that Stargate is being mocked a lot recently (first at Comic Con and now this)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                Does anybody feel that Stargate is being mocked a lot recently (first at Comic Con and now this)
                I've noticed.

Comment

I think that it is a pretty accurate observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                    I've noticed.
                    They're just jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                      Yes, I've noticed that too. Maybe they're not just jealous, but they don't like Stargate. Of course, they have the right to express such an opinion, but for the one at Comic Con, I don't find it fair.

Comment

I think people are picking on Staragte because it is now approaching such a level of success that people associate it with Star Trek. In a way, it's a complement!

Comment

Originally posted by Linwelin
                          Yes, I've noticed that too. Maybe they're not just jealous, but they don't like Stargate. Of course, they have the right to express such an opinion, but for the one at Comic Con, I don't find it fair.
                          TV Critics can say what they want (the guy at Comic Con was on staff for BSG, therefore, his criticism was very tacky). Anyway, I don't agree with all critics, don't think many of us do, as they say "thsi movie is great!" and when I see it, I think it's the biggest waste of time and money.

Of course, I'm sure a handful of really rabid SG fans have bombarded the guy with hate mail; I've seen fans go ballistic over negative reviews of Stargate over the years.

I like to read reviews just to see what people see in a show.

Comment

Working...
                          X