This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori effectiveness absurd?

We have been told through the season 9 arch that the Ori keep their believers technologically stagnant yet their army can operate their flying ships and fighter ships. Does this not seem strange to anyone else? The jaffa should have been able to put up a better fight with their death gliders but it was like they were getting picked off like ducks in a barrel.

It seems like the best strategy is to go low tech against the Ori and allow them to land their ships and send out ground troops. They probably will rely heavily on the priors ability to power their defense shields and weapons so I'd fight a guerilla war and use the "prior jamming" machine to temporarily disable their ability and shoot to kill the prior then the jaffa warriors should be able to overwhelm the ori warriors seeing as the jaffa have been fighting amongst each other for thousands of years while we have yet to see any Ori village as a war torn one.

Forget the jaffa. Sic a full on tauri military assault on them. I'm talking tanks, CAS, assault weapons, etc. Without their priors to lead and protect them I think it's a safe bet that they would be easy pickings to explosives and automatic weaponry.

Comment

i agree 10 months of training armies and no battle experiance would make the crusaders easy targets, our weapons appear to be more percise and deadly, the jaffa should make it a slaughter if its a ground battle crusaders v. the jaffa but of course the priors and raiders wont allow of it. i say put a naq generator to the anti-prior device and its time to PWN
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Yeh, it does seem strange. This is one of those issue that tptb have seemed to gloss over. ive come up with a few reasons as to why the ori followers have those abilities:

First of all, in season 9 we only saw three planets if my mind serves me. The one where daniel and vala were transported to, the planet with celestis and the planet vala was sent to after beachhead. Because the planets we saw were primative doesnt mean that all of the planets under the ori's control are.

Secondly, if the ori can give create the priors and give them special abilities, im sure they can instruct their followers on how to fly their ships. They could even do a matrix thing where they upload the knowledge into their minds.

I do like your idea verbalkint, that does seem like the best way of fighting them. Lets go back to the way we fought the goa'uld in those early seasons.

just my 2 cents worth!
        sigpic
        By *E*K*R*

Comment

I agree ground battles are where its at. We should have been shown a battle like that in FaB on Chulak, but hopefully we see one soon.

Perfecto!

Comment

Well, they do have the Ori on their sides, for all we know their training was "downloaded" into them or whatever.

Comment

Perhaps the Priors use some sort of Battle Meditation ala star Wars. That be an explanation for their sudden effectiveness.

Comment

also their armor might be like the super soildier armor and makes Jaffa weapons useless
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I love the guerilla warfare idea. jam the prior then open up with machine gun emplacements from all sides. I hope we see a massive ground battle in the coming episodes.
                  MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
                  Spoiler:
                  Snape kills Dumbledore
                  Spoiler:
                  Darth Vader is Luke's Father
                  Spoiler:
                  Rosebud is a sled
                  Spoiler:
                  Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
                  Spoiler:
                  The planet of the apes is actually Earth
                  Spoiler:
                  The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
                  Spoiler:
                  Clark Kent is Superman
                  Spoiler:
                  What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
                    We have been told through the season 9 arch that the Ori keep their believers technologically stagnant yet their army can operate their flying ships and fighter ships. Does this not seem strange to anyone else? The jaffa should have been able to put up a better fight with their death gliders but it was like they were getting picked off like ducks in a barrel.

It seems like the best strategy is to go low tech against the Ori and allow them to land their ships and send out ground troops. They probably will rely heavily on the priors ability to power their defense shields and weapons so I'd fight a guerilla war and use the "prior jamming" machine to temporarily disable their ability and shoot to kill the prior then the jaffa warriors should be able to overwhelm the ori warriors seeing as the jaffa have been fighting amongst each other for thousands of years while we have yet to see any Ori village as a war torn one.
                    They have spent the last year training their already fanatical followers to be even more fanatical... and they have been teaching them how to wage war. If you're training every day for a year to become a weapon directed at unbelievers, alone you might not be that good, but as a fanatical army, you will be very vicious.

Comment

User-friendly ergonomic interfaces. Piloting a giant toilet-ship via stick is hard. Piloting a giant toilet-ship via point-and-click GUI is easy. If you want to go somewhere, then press the go button and click on the point in space you want to go to. If you want to destroy something then press the destroy button and click on what you want to destroy.

Comment

Hasn't anyone thought that since the Ori and the Ancients are basically the same race and we know that the Ori still use some technology like the Ancients did (ring transporter) then wouldn't you think that the interface for piloting an Ori ship would be much the same as the interface for one of the Puddle Jumpers? An interactive interface that is connected to the mind of the pilot really wouldn't take a whole lot of traning to become good at flying.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                          They have spent the last year training their already fanatical followers to be even more fanatical... and they have been teaching them how to wage war. If you're training every day for a year to become a weapon directed at unbelievers, alone you might not be that good, but as a fanatical army, you will be very vicious.
                          I totally agree. That's why I can't wait to see more of these Ori warriors in battle.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                          X