This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory on De-ascension

When the ancients De-ascend Do they go back to there most evolved state of being human? Is this the reason that Merlin was able to retain all of his knowledge and most of his powers while Orlin(sp?) was unable to? Could it be that if an ancient ascended they would be as evolved as any human ever seen on the show?

These are again just some questions and ideas i had feel free to comment.

I'd say the reason Daniel wasnt aloud to keep his higher gained memorys and Orlin could keep them without becoming a child first is becasue they dont anyone else doing what Merlin did thusands of years ago.

Something i dont get tho is. the ways to accend.

being enlightened, dying(higher powers helping you) and being so evolved you just can.

if this is so, lots and lots of races other then human could probably stumble onto the same thing. and if so why do the ancients get to choose all the laws of being accended? (God is probably in there with them. he could be pulling the strings.) but if not... there is all these ways to accend, they just would be more then enough beings out there to challenge the ancients and say "here yee nah!... reet! none of that! lets help out the poor buggers."

and theres the back up we need ^
    they could be canny and tell us where they left all the ships they didnt need once they accended. =]

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

I think its more about what you are "allowed to do"

You can probably return however you want and with whatever knowledge you want but if you break any rules the 'others' will stop you. (the others having 'created' the rules)

I.E, You could return with ascended knowledge if you wanted but you wouldn't be aloud to use that knowledge while you were a human because that would be breaking the rules. (probably why merlin had to do his research in secret, because he was using ascended knowledge)
      SPACE MACGYVER!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

Originally posted by xxmynameismikexx
        there is all these ways to accend, they just would be more then enough beings out there to challenge the ancients and say "here yee nah!... reet! none of that! lets help out the poor buggers."
        More likely the rules are made up by all ascended beings, not just the ancients. Who knows, maybe the ancients didn't make up the rules at all. maybe it was some other race that was already ascended when the ancients ascended.
        SPACE MACGYVER!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

That'd be excellent!

the first ancients accend and feel right smart.

then a big voice says... "hello! first day is it? come along to orientation we'll show how we get things done around here."

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

I think there are levels of de-ascension. It is all based on what the "others" let you get away with doing. If they don't trust you, I doubt they'd let you retain any real powerful abilities or knowledge upon descending.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The odd thing is, in season 5 Orlin de-ascended as a man, and seemed to have no problem holding on to the information.

Personally, I think they screwed up that part about The Fourth Horseman and just threw that child garbage in there to avoid Orlin being able to anything else useful besides helping us with the plague. (although don't get me wrong, I really liked the episodes )
              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by xxmynameismikexx
                I'd say the reason Daniel wasnt aloud to keep his higher gained memorys and Orlin could keep them without becoming a child first is becasue they dont anyone else doing what Merlin did thusands of years ago.

Something i dont get tho is. the ways to accend.

being enlightened, dying(higher powers helping you) and being so evolved you just can.

if this is so, lots and lots of races other then human could probably stumble onto the same thing. and if so why do the ancients get to choose all the laws of being accended? (God is probably in there with them. he could be pulling the strings.) but if not... there is all these ways to accend, they just would be more then enough beings out there to challenge the ancients and say "here yee nah!... reet! none of that! lets help out the poor buggers."

and theres the back up we need ^
                they could be canny and tell us where they left all the ships they didnt need once they accended. =]
                I really beleave that the Ancients arent the FIRST to Ascend ... I think there is a HIGHER level of Ascetion that the Ancients havnt reached yet . Remember Daniel saying some like "Acsention is just the first set of true Enlitement " This could mean there is alot mroe then just one basic step ...

If this is ture , that would mean that the Ancients are being watched too by some being that is higher then them ... and so on and so on ..

I think the Ancients might have learned about Ascening from other races over the years of travling the Unverse .... When they did Ascend , they could have learned about the rules from the others .... Remember Olma keep talking about the Others , Not the Ancients ... Could the OTHERS be a Counole of races that have Ascneded on there own ( WITH OUT HELP FOMR OTHER ASCENDED BEINGS ) ....

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                  The odd thing is, in season 5 Orlin de-ascended as a man, and seemed to have no problem holding on to the information.

Personally, I think they screwed up that part about The Fourth Horseman and just threw that child garbage in there to avoid Orlin being able to anything else useful besides helping us with the plague. (although don't get me wrong, I really liked the episodes )
                  When he did it the first time they weren't really keeping an eye on him. He also said he wouldn't beable to do the things he once could by taking human form.

Then when he comes back they were already on to him and knew exactly what he was doing to he had to take human form with the most knowledge he could like they did to Adria. Except it killed him.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I really don't think there is a way to completly wipe way someone's memories. In Season 8 (Reckoning Part 2), the replicator version of Sam went into Daniel's mind to find out where the Ancient Weapon on Dakkara was. Then she tried to record all the Ancient knowledge that was in Daniel subconscious mind but it was too much for her and the rest of the replicators. It wasn't unitl that episode that Daniel thought he'd totally lost all that knowlege. But there we learned that though the Ancient knowledge was burried so deep in his mind that he couldn't access, it was all still there. I bet the same goes for O'neill, though he was never ascended, he still had the entire Ancient's compository downloaded into his brian, TWICE! Something of the knowledge still must be there, like Daniel, burried too deep to get to it.

Comment

well u forget. with daniel. it wasnt the ancients who cast him down it was oma desala. remember her saying if they had cast him down they wouldnt have been as niceabout it. and she also mentioned that she didnt completely take away his memories.

Comment

Maybe the others are dinosaurs. Maybe the dinosaurs didn't die, maybe they ascended. Maybe...

Comment

Don't you think its possible that the general rule of thumb is that you can't De-ascend to a more evolved human then you were when you ascended. This could be why Orlin was unable to hold onto his knowledge because his civilization was similar to ours in biological development? Its just a thought on how the different levels of De-ascension can be explained.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzerd
                            Don't you think its possible that the general rule of thumb is that you can't De-ascend to a more evolved human then you were when you ascended. This could be why Orlin was unable to hold onto his knowledge because his civilization was similar to ours in biological development? Its just a thought on how the different levels of De-ascension can be explained.
                            Sorry, but the solution is clearly dinosaurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzerd
                              This could be true , Olma must have been the one that Ascended him in the first place ....

If you think about it Olma Ascended alot of people that she wasnt suppose too ...... They where advanced anuff in there own minds to do it there selfs ....

Where an Ancient would have Evolved his mind to at least 90% to be able to ascend to that higher plain by there selfs ...

Maybe if HUMANS could find away to evolve to use 90% of there own brain power we too could Ascend by are selfs ... If you think about it this wouldnt be hard at all too do .... We jsut need to figure out what sets the Ancients took to Ascend ...

Comment

Working...
                              X