The ori are bad... why exactly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ori are bad... why exactly?

They heal the sick and seem to give meaning to the lives of the masses. We saw first hand in Vala's little storytelling that the true believers really are genuinely content...

Besides the whole "being forced to worship" it seems as if they are a positive step forward from the status quo of continuous conflict with intergalactic factions. (Including all war both on Earth, other planets, and between races)

And even the worship doesn't seem all that bad... the followers do not seem to mind prostration and if we accept christian doctorine as morally correct they are living "good christian lives"

They also do not seem to be all that aggressive considering the power they have... They, up to this point, just want us to see the light and voluntarily follow them... which explains why they just didn't wipe us or other non-believers out when they had perfect opportunities to do so...

Just something to consider...

Because "THEY" say so.
    School is overrated.

Comment

If the pig does not have to bow down to the human then does the rat really have to bow down to the pig? anyways they aren't really gods and even thought they think they are so some might think they are not evil even evil that is blind to its reflection, is still evil in the eye of a beholder. the Goa'uld thought they were true gods(some) and thus humans had to do what ever they said, but they are still evil even if they themselfs think they aren't because those with boundraries and views of good and evil considered them evil. Off course some considered the ancients good while i always considered them evil too. standing around and letting others suffer even though you can do something to stop it is evil. even if you dressed it in the its not my problem way of thinking. doing what they are doing is like causing the suffering yourself.
      offcourse stargate is just a show. A really good one.
      Last edited by MTgate; 30 July 2006, 02:53 PM.
      The MT one has MT will,
      The MT one is MT still!!!
      ||| savestargatesg1.com |||
      ||| save sg1 |||

Comment

The Ori don't exactly claim to be gods though... every time one of the SG team confronts one of them about it they question how we define a god and try to "enlighten you". A gou'uld on the other hand would merely scream You Dare Defy Your God and then kill you...

Also if you could explain your pig and rat metaphor just a bit... I am not following you.

Comment

Evilness is just a point of view.
          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
            No kidding...

Comment

They kill people who do not wish to follow them.

If there was a dictator here on Earth whole ruled over a country, and while the citizens may be well treated, have adaquate medical care and education system ect. However, if any of the the people tried to leave the country or write something anti government in say, a newspaper they were shot. Would you think they were a good leader?

They also don't seem to heal people out of the kindness of their heart, from what I've seen so far each act is part of some master plan. Take Vala's husband for example, the Prior only fixed his leg so he could be sent off to war, he lived it for all of his life before that and they did nothing.
              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Attilitus
                The Ori don't exactly claim to be gods though... every time one of the SG team confronts one of them about it they question how we define a god and try to "enlighten you". A gou'uld on the other hand would merely scream You Dare Defy Your God and then kill you...
                How can you say they don't pretend to be Gods? It's all over their culture.

Oh and btw, not all Goa'ulds think they're Gods. Remember what Ba'al said in "Stronghold"?

Comment

The Ori really don't seem to kill all unbelievers though. They seem to place higher emphasis on conversion even on the most radical and inflamatory non-believers such as the SG teams.

Comment

Exactly precisely
                    The MT one has MT will,
                    The MT one is MT still!!!
                    ||| savestargatesg1.com |||
                    ||| save sg1 |||

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                      How can you say they don't pretend to be Gods? It's all over their culture.

Oh and btw, not all Goa'ulds think they're Gods. Remember what Ba'al said in "Stronghold"?
                      I was referring to more of the stereotypical response of the Gou'uld moreso compared with the steoreotypical response of the Ori priors to disbelievers.

Comment

Originally posted by Attilitus
                        No kidding...
                        Some things are established to be evil and recognized as such. I am not talking about those.
                        There are actions that are evil and are not recognized as such because those who do it have an imense propaganda machine that say that those things are good.
                        School is overrated.

Comment

I think what you're saying is basically what Adria said in 'flesh and blood'. They are only considered evil as the Ancients are considered good even though I personally think after seeing 'the pegasus project' they shouldn't be considered good
                          Spoiler:
                          What morgan le faye was saying was the ancients only care about themselves and no one else
                          to me that doesn't scream goodness.

Comment

The most important question is: What exactly IS evil?
                            It may seem simple but it is not.
                            School is overrated.

Comment

Some things are established to be evil and recognized as such. I am not talking about those.
                              There are actions that are evil and are not recognized as such because those who do it have an imense propaganda machine that say that those things are good.
                              Once again...

No Kidding...

Just consider the ancients vs the Ori... one actually gives the lives of lower beings focus clarity and meaning (whether or not that meaning and clarity is an illusion or not) and the other allows the lower beings to suffer, bicker, and make hell for one another.

I am all for an ancient victory in Season 10 (if they turn out to be the "good guys" which is still in question) but I figured I would just point out that aside from forcing people to worship them... the end result of an ori dominated galaxy would not be too bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X