This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 10= End or Beginning? No Spoilers, Please

I love how the Stargate writers have reinvented SG-1, and I would be delighted to see it go on for years, as the Ori plot certainly has great potential. However, the series writers always say that they see Season 10 as starting something new ( just expanding the Ori plotline), but this whole Merlin's weapon plot seems to be setting them up for Season 10 to be the last. I would hate for it to end here- Do you think it's possible that this hunt could not end the series AND not be a complete waste of time? I fear both may not be possible.

i say it is the middle
    http://sword.myminicity.com/

Comment

It is my theory that even if we find merlins weapon, the ori will still be quite a force to be reckoned with. Even though we found a way to deal with the replicators, they still were quite a threat, for example, and we continued fighting them. I don't think that merlins weapon will be the absolute endgame for the ori, it will be much harder than that.

Comment

Uh...sure?

Comment

Hey, for all we know Merlin's weapon doesn't really kill them as much as deascend them.

That way we would still have a foe, who is still very dangerous, except that now they are mortal.

Comment

You dont have to worry, they wont just end it that easily. Take a look at the Replicator weapon for instance. We developed it, and it worked..exept for many escaped. Then the weapon was no longer a threat to them since they adapted and we had to find a new approach. Mayble a similar thing could happen here.
            Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
            http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

I don't see them ending it this soon after starting up a really evil new enemy.(Adria and the Ori) I think as long as the ratings stay in the so so or good enough range (which I think they will except for the episode Irresposible which a few of us are boycotting, but not I). I can see the conflict with the Ori coming to a head by the end of season 11 and a possible TV movie.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I definitely see Season 10 as a new beginning. And a great new beginning at that. Season 9 was a great transition IMO. How long will it go though, I cannot say. But I do know this, I will enjoy every moment of it.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolKlingon
                  I love how the Stargate writers have reinvented SG-1, and I would be delighted to see it go on for years, as the Ori plot certainly has great potential. However, the series writers always say that they see Season 10 as starting something new ( just expanding the Ori plotline), but this whole Merlin's weapon plot seems to be setting them up for Season 10 to be the last. I would hate for it to end here- Do you think it's possible that this hunt could not end the series AND not be a complete waste of time? I fear both may not be possible.
                  I think that Merlin's weapon is providing the writers with an out, should they need to take it. If the show is renewed, they can drag out the Ori plot, have dead ends in the search for the weapon, etc, but if it isn't, Merlin's weapon can be used to finish the Ori off for the Season Ten finale rather than ending the show with a cliffhanger and putting the burden on Atlantis, or on a movie or mini-series that may never be made, to finish the story.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

PP spoilers:
                    Spoiler:

''Merlin's weapon is not...'' can really help cover their bases for this. If they find out the show is not getting renewed, they can pretend it was something like ''Merlin's weapon is not on those planets'' then give SG1 another clue to where it is later in the season so they can end it by the season finale. Alternatively (and hopefully) if it does get renewed, they can pretend she said something like ''Merlin's weapon is not what you think it is'' and have a twist which would allow for further seasons trying to find another way.

Comment

Good points, but I also think it would be a very bad move to drag out the search further than Season 10, as a big treasure hunt will most likely get old fast.

Comment

There are so many routes this series can take with this storyline.

If they must end the show, here's a few ways they can do it:
                        ~The Grail weapon is found, it is successful at defeating the Ori, we all go home happy.
                        ~The Grail is found, it doesn't work, and we end up living under Ori rule. Hallowed at the Ori (This would be a BSG Season 2 ending)
                        ~The Grail is not found, but we develop a way to beat the Ori anyway. Happy ending.

OR, they have ways to make the series stretch longer.
                        ~Can't find the weapon and have to keep searching for it.
                        ~Found the weapon, and it descends not just the Ori, but ALL ascended beings. Now they have to deal with some very ticked off Ancients.
                        ~The Ori find the Grail, use it, and now we're stuck with a bunch of descended Ancients
                        ~The Grail isn't on the planets Morgan specified.

There's multiple ways of going about this series, and i hope, I pray, we see a Season 11. I wouldn't be surprised if we do if we have awesome eps such as PP. That, combined with Stargate's status as the longest running American scifi show in history (I believe it's second to Dr. Who?), and I'm hoping the SF channel will renew it to keep the streak going.

Comment

I wonder if they'd ever merge the two series together, Atlantis and SG1.....

I know that separated they can explore more, which I love, but together they would be quite strong. I dunno....

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                            I wonder if they'd ever merge the two series together, Atlantis and SG1.....

I know that separated they can explore more, which I love, but together they would be quite strong. I dunno....
                            Personally, I'd rather SG-1 and SGA remain seperate for the most part. Well, aside from the occasional crossover, especially if it can be as well done as "The Pegasus Project" was.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                            X