Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG-1's only hope: Atlantis (Spoilers through TPP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1's only hope: Atlantis (Spoilers through TPP)

The Ori warships have thus far proven to be impregnable to Earth, Asgard, and Goa'uld weaponry and even survived a Haa'tak blowing up in its face. The only thing able to do damage was the nuclear explosion of a Hive ship and then the kawoosh of the supergate. The only ship we have at our disposal that could possibly stand up to the Ori fleet is Atlantis. I think its safe to say that a fully powered city ship would have sheilds atleast as powerful as Ori sheilds. If two drones could take out a haa'tak (IGtbK) then I think a City ship full could take out a couple of those Ori ships if not all three. So SG-1 and SGA should for the moment be activly searching for ZPM's. If they got two more, they could take Atlantis, leave the Pegasus Galaxy, thereby ending the Wraith threat for good, and destory the Ori ships. The Ori can't send any more ships now, and Atlantis would be able to destroy any more supergates they attempt to build in our galaxy. ZPM's are the answer. Of course that would end both shows, but its the only way.

Perfecto!

Of course the Ori can send more ships; all they have to do is make another supergate.

Comment

Now that we've got their blocked, they probably will. What we really need is to figure out how to create antimatter. Then shoot pure anti-protons at the Ori ships.
      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
      Zatnikitelman

Comment

I also noticed that now we have a direct connection from Atlantis to the MW now.

Just send a jumper through that gate near the black hole, and you appear on the Ori super gate.

And now we can relay messages and do things where we couldn't before!
        Subspace Energy Technology Thread
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

excellent point, set up a subspace booster station on or near the Pegasus 'Gate and you have a perfect relay...well...except for a small time/space distortion.
          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
          Zatnikitelman

Comment

Nope... remember that they could not send messages to the ship when it was near the black hole?

Comment

i think a jumper would be torn apart if it got that close
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

the fact that they are afraid of the drones in antartica leads me to believe that alteran tech (drones in this case) can own them.
                A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

coulda had spoiler warning at the start of this like

im sure anyone that loves stargate has already made the efforts to see it, no matter where they are. even if it means migrating

i never thought about using atlantis in combat. but... thats to be truthful... the best idea iv ever heard. at full power atlantis could wipeout all the ships. deliver their own bloody status reports. fly the ori galxy wipe out everyone their just to save some hassle. scare the crap outta the ori.

thats just me at the helm tho^

im sure sgc and a will think up a nicer way to sort out these little wrinkles.
                  if we can find a half decent zpm. =]

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                    the fact that they are afraid of the drones in antartica leads me to believe that alteran tech (drones in this case) can own them.
                    Teal’c speculating as to why the Ori haven’t thus far made an assault on Earth is by no means proof of anything. The planets that the Ori are choosing to go to first may have absolutely nothing to do with a fear of Ancient technology.

However I do hope that drones end up proving to be an effective weapon against the Ori ships in the future.

Comment

Ah, but the nuclear explosion of the Hives did not damage the Ori ship, it had about as much effect as anything else.

It was the Kawoosh, Hallowed is the Kawoosh

Comment

Can we figure out a way to recreate the kawoosh or its effects in a controlled manner that can be used as a ship-borne weapon?

Comment

Working...
                        X