Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Higher Planes of Existance- How do they look?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher Planes of Existance- How do they look?

I liked Daniel's comment on how he can't even imagine how the battle between the Ancients and the Ori will be, and it got me thinking, from what we've seen, just how would it be???

What does the universe look like when you are ascended? What would the battle look like?

My thoughts immedeatley went to "Reckoning" and "Threads", from Season 8, which are the episodes in which we see ascension more than before:

In "Theads" we see as Daniel decides on whether or not to ascend, while on a slightly higher plane of ascension. Near the end, Oma and Anubis go at it, and this is, in my opinion, sort of what the Ori vs Ancient fight would be, the same type of fight that Anubis and Oma have going on.

But before that, in "Reckoning Part 2", we see as Replicarter goes through Daniel's subconscious, and we see this:

What was that? Did we ever learn what it was supposed to be? This is what I assumed was what the universe looks like when you are ascended. This is IMO how the Higher Plane looks like.

Thoughts? Answers?
    Last edited by Sauron18; 29 July 2006, 10:48 AM.

Considering you don't have eyes or anything resembling the sense of sight...

This is waaaay beyond anything we can possibly imagine, like trying to see 11 dimensions or something.

Comment

Look into some of the descriptions of alternate planes in Dungeons and Dragons (Forgotten Realms, for example).

The Etheral Plane is closely related to the real plane. Everything we normally see's shows up as a 'blur'. The laws of physics are mostly the same.

Then you get into like the Astral plane and its described as grey nothingness (i believe) and you use your mind to will yourself in any direction.

Obviously its all imagination, but its a good start if your looking for some example descriptions.

Comment

Bright and shiny, in other words:
        Enlightened.
        School is overrated.

Comment

Thanks, imaginations is really all we have here.

And did the writers/producers/etc ever state what it was we saw in "Reckoning"?

Comment

Danny's mind?

Comment

I heard Orlin had his decorated in retro 70's style.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                Danny's mind?
                I think it's easier to imagine a higher plane of existance than a mind....

Comment

That's odd, considering you have a mind yourself.

Comment

I think some people are just very surprised to learn that Danny has one.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                    My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

But a mind cannot be imagined. A Higher plane of existance can though.

Comment

It's probably whatever you want it to look like... since we're used to our physical world, the ascended plane could look like an extension of whatever you're used to... until you interact with another ascended being, which then you could opt to enter their ascended reality.

I woudl travel around my universe, and have a zero-dimensional laptop that I could summon out of thin air anytime I please to do an ascended "google" search for more information.

Comment

The war of the ascended will look like this:

Oma, Anubis some Ori and some Ancients will all be sitting around a TV. Each will have a remote control in there hand. Playing before them on the TV is SG-1.

Each has a character they control with the remote.

Oma- has Daniel.
                          Anubis- has Vala
                          Ori -has Thor, sam and all the doctors
                          Ancients-has Jack and mini Jack and Mitchell, Teal'c

So, now we know why Daniel and Vala fight all the time.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Riiight, because the anti-technologists would control ALL the scientists. >.>

Comment

I think the Ascended Plane really does look like a diner, and when they have fights they toss pies at each other. Each pie of course representing a star going nova, that is

Comment

Working...
                              X