This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't Daniel ask ....Pegasus Project Spoilers

They could have discovered where they came from!

I'm sure he'd of done it eventually, along with many more questions if
    Spoiler:
    she hadn't been stopped by the Anchients. (who I'm really starting to dislike BTW)
    MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Spoiler:
    Snape kills Dumbledore
    Spoiler:
    Darth Vader is Luke's Father
    Spoiler:
    Rosebud is a sled
    Spoiler:
    Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
    Spoiler:
    The planet of the apes is actually Earth
    Spoiler:
    The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
    Spoiler:
    Clark Kent is Superman
    Spoiler:
    What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by principia
      They could have discovered where they came from!
      didn't they go to the Ori home galaxy in the season 9 premiere?
      and what would be the point? there are probably tens if not hundreds of those Ori warships waiting there

Comment

To be honest I don't think it's too important right now. Simply because that there is nothing that they could do in that galaxy that the Ori couldn't counter.

Without the weapon then the Ori could come & get you directly if they so chose.

I'm sure there are ways to get it once they have the weapon, like using the prior inhibiting devices. Then sending a whole crap load of special forces onto an Ori ship. Take it over for a moment & download the location from the DB. They couldn't take the ship, simply because I'm sure the Ori would have a failsafe built into it somehow in case it was ever needed.

Asking about weapon location then Ori galaxy will put all the pieces together & give the game away. The Ancients might panic incase the weapon would be turned on them after it, so may step in & end it themselves before the SGC could get their plan in motion.

I'd actually wait until I had the weapon in my possession before I even through about where to send it to.

Comment

I am really starting to think we should test it in our own galaxy after what they did to Morgan

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
            I am really starting to think we should test it in our own galaxy after what they did to Morgan
            Though I do not disagree that basically every Galactic Problem is somehow related to the Ancients or the Ascended, it would be unwise to kill them before killing the Ori, because they would undoubtly sense their absence, come to MW, and with a though destroy all their enemies.

Comment

And what would Morgan have said if he had asked?

"Oh, you know, it's over there, that-a way"

Comment

the ancients remind me of The Boondock Saints film: But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

indifference of the ancients...
                Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

i'm really startin' to dislike the Ancients. but then again, it'd be too easy if the Ancients helped right? which is probably why the writers dont' want the ancients helping. but...

Spoiler:
                  i wonder what Morgan was trying to say before they stopped her

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87
                    i'm really startin' to dislike the Ancients. but then again, it'd be too easy if the Ancients helped right? which is probably why the writers dont' want the ancients helping. but...

Spoiler:
                    i wonder what Morgan was trying to say before they stopped her
                    I am too. Now that we know that we are on our own we better find some way to give as good as we got! Which is saying alot since we got our royal butts canned!
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

It's kinda like a teenager's period of friction and rebellion with their parents. Atleast from my perspective.

For all intents and purposes, the Ancients are Mankind's parents. A being of that level I have to believe is fully aware of and comprehensively able to understand the galactic stage. I have a sense that the Ancient collective is not dealing with the unfolding events by the seat of their pants as it happens. I believe they're operating according to a much higher, complex plan of sorts, and that everyone has their roles to play.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Morgan did admit others feel they should intervene in this conflict. So who knows, that minority may become a majority at some point.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Assuming that the weapon only effects one galaxy at a time and assuming that spacetime in the Ascended universe corresponds to spacetime in our universe. It is quite possible that the weapon will just destroy all Ascended beings without prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by Selin Peers
                            It's kinda like a teenager's period of friction and rebellion with their parents. Atleast from my perspective.

For all intents and purposes, the Ancients are Mankind's parents. A being of that level I have to believe is fully aware of and comprehensively able to understand the galactic stage. I have a sense that the Ancient collective is not dealing with the unfolding events by the seat of their pants as it happens. I believe they're operating according to a much higher, complex plan of sorts, and that everyone has their roles to play.
                            Hasn't oma once said that earth and even the milky way don't mean that much in the universe. Not that important...So maybe you're right

Really works, pm me with questions

Comment

i think the question we all need to start focusing on is, what will happen if we find the weapon, learn how to use it, and discover that it can destroy the ancients as well as the ori? we will obviously use it to destroy the ori, and i'm assuming that SG1 will refuse to use it against the ancients, but will the ancients feel threatened by us bc we destroyed the Ori and are now their biggest threat?

since they know we're willing to use it, will they step in and 1. prevent us from finding it in the first place, or 2. step in and go to war with us to keep us from using it against them?
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                              Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                              Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X