This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Shoving Vala Around

Has anyone noticed since season 9 and moreso now in season 10 that Daniel shoves Vala around a lot? Things like physical shoving her around and getting in her face.
    I've noticed that he sure gets physical with her and I wonder if thats acceptable behaviour or not?
    A male should never lay hands on a lady unless it's with the best of intentions and not without getting the ladies permission first
    I don't see Mitchell or anyone else in the SCG shoving her about except tealc lifting her up to score a hoop when they were playing basketball so why does Daniel get away with it?
    Indeed why is that type behaviour even permitted?
    In the military sometimes if you even look the wrong way at a lady it usually brings screams of sexual harrasment so obviously the claim that SGC is running close to military standards is just pure BS.
    Ask yourselves this. If some guy for real was shoving about a lady the way Daniel does Vala what would you do?
    For those of you that would think "well she doesn't object to it", I would say just because she doesn't object to being shoved around doesn't make it right.

Food for thought

Think about it like this: Who would have more reason to want to shove her around a bit. Recall their first meeting and then after that the Goa'uld slave collar she tricked him into wearing. {MOd Snip} and try to remember that it's only a TV show. Vala is not military and probably hasn't heard of our sexual harrasment laws ...yet. And if and when she does, she'll have to question her own behavior before pointing any fingers.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 29 July 2006, 08:37 AM.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

If I recall correctly Vala kinda beat up Daniel in their first meeting...

Comment

then sexually propositioned him. about 4 times.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Yeah, lighten up, and besides...its funny. {Mod Snip}... who is actually a boy! lol I'm so funny.
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 29 July 2006, 08:38 AM.

Comment

He's flirting, 10yr old style...

Comment

1. I'm not flirting 10 year old style.! I'm way older than that and I was raised to treat ladies proper no matter what they do to drive ya nutso and trust me they know how to ! lol
              2. The day I lighten up about a man shoving a lady around in ANY reality is the day I consider myself a lessor person.
              3. Vala has run Daniel ragged since they first met I'll admit that.
              4. I am biased, I don't like Daniel, he's your basic creep, I'll address that in the proper thread later.
              I founds it interesting in "beachead" when they were going onto the ship and Vala was wearing her white scarf, Daniel took it from her and then got into her face and told her to shut the hell up that the excuse he used was "This is a military ship", then proceeded to manhandle her into the lift. Sheer and utter hypocrisy on his behalf.
              Well if it's a military ship, hands off, hands off is also a very military procedure, so the argument about them both not being military is shot down by Daniel himself as he used that very excuse to make his point for her to shut the hell up and remove her scarf. They may not be both military but if they are on a military ship you follow those rules.

Comment

daniel's not military, but mitchell and carter are. a world-leading organization like SGC would need to cut a bit of slack to get talented civilians on board, because most people of talent refuse to join the military or submit themselves to such regimentation (i worked at los alamos and the attitudes towards military hierarchy and military-style regimentation among civilian scientists varied from acceptance to resentment and outright hostility). unorthodox behaviour by daniel towards a feisty alien newcomer like vala would be perfectly acceptable, especially since last episode landry told daniel that he was responsible for her...

Comment

Originally posted by Watt
                  Has anyone noticed since season 9 and moreso now in season 10 that Daniel shoves Vala around a lot? Things like physical shoving her around and getting in her face.
                  I've noticed that he sure gets physical with her and I wonder if thats acceptable behaviour or not?
                  A male should never lay hands on a lady unless it's with the best of intentions and not without getting the ladies permission first
                  I don't see Mitchell or anyone else in the SCG shoving her about except tealc lifting her up to score a hoop when they were playing basketball so why does Daniel get away with it?
                  Indeed why is that type behaviour even permitted?
                  In the military sometimes if you even look the wrong way at a lady it usually brings screams of sexual harrasment so obviously the claim that SGC is running close to military standards is just pure BS.
                  Ask yourselves this. If some guy for real was shoving about a lady the way Daniel does Vala what would you do?
                  For those of you that would think "well she doesn't object to it", I would say just because she doesn't object to being shoved around doesn't make it right.

Food for thought
                  Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed by Daniels behavior there too... It's almost a 'Lets smack the woman around because she's talking'. Harsh maybe, but I can't really see it any other way.

Comment

1. I'm not flirting 10 year old style.! I'm way older than that and I was raised to treat ladies proper no matter what they do to drive ya nutso and trust me they know how to ! lol
                    2. The day I lighten up about a man shoving a lady around in ANY reality is the day I consider myself a lessor person.
                    3. Vala has run Daniel ragged since they first met I'll admit that.
                    4. I am biased, I don't like Daniel, he's your basic creep, I'll address that in the proper thread later.
                    I founds it interesting in "beachead" when they were going onto the ship and Vala was wearing her white scarf, Daniel took it from her and then got into her face and told her to shut the hell up that the excuse he used was "This is a military ship", then proceeded to manhandle her into the lift. Sheer and utter hypocrisy on his behalf.
                    Well if it's a military ship, hands off, hands off is also a very military procedure, so the argument about them both not being military is shot down by Daniel himself as he used that very excuse to make his point for her to shut the hell up and remove her scarf. They may not be both military but if they are on a military ship you follow those rules.
                    Daniel does get in vala face alot in season 9 but think of all the things vala has done to daniel. If vala didn't like the way daniel was treating her then she would kick his ass, just like in Prometheus Unbound.

'I am biased, I don't like Daniel, he's your basic creep'

How is Daniel your basic creep????

There's nothing creepy about him, he's the the best character in SG1...
                    -_Yes im New_-

Comment

Are you kidding?! Upon their first meeting, Vala violently and without provocation beat him up. Among other things, she headbutted him, slapped him, smashed his family jewels in with (IIRC) a fire extinguisher, crushed him in a leg-lock and repeatedly punched him in the face. Granted, things have changed since then, but any undesireable physical interaction (yeah, I couldn't find a better way to phrase that...) in their relationship exists only because she set the precedent.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

We're all supposed to be equal now. Men are constantly shoving eachother, so there's no reason they should treat women any differently.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                        My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

What about 2 wrongs dont make a right? Maybe Daniel could take the higher ground and treat Vala with respect instead of pushing her around.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            What about 2 wrongs dont make a right? Maybe Daniel could take the higher ground and treat Vala with respect instead of pushing her around.
                            I think he's treating her with about as much respect as she deserves.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It's just their way of treating each other, it's not meant as abuse as much as friendly shoving.

Comment

Working...
                              X