This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new gate to milky way [spoilers 10x03]

Am I understanding correctly that there is now a new permanent gate from Pegasus to Milky Way? Surely the wraith would be able to detect an active gate if they happened to be in the area, isn't anyone concerned about them finding it and using it to get to our galaxy?

The gate in teh pegasus galaxy is so close to a black hole that it anythign attempting to enter it would probably be ripped apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      The gate in teh pegasus galaxy is so close to a black hole that it anythign attempting to enter it would probably be ripped apart.
      Maybe, but the Odyssey and the Hive ship both flew past the gate without any damage (Except the Hive ship, but the damage was not from the black hole)

I think the fact that the gate can only fit a ship as small as a dart (Which is weaker, and will have a higher possibility of shredding to pieces near the gate) is what would stop the Wraith.

In all, I think McKay and Carter thought this through before they went on with the mission.
      http://www.bentsynapse.net/images/zidane_dethstar.gif
      If only we have Zidane on Stargate.....
      **Mentally replace that deathstar with an Ori ship**

Comment

Originally posted by Imgnryflagdotcom
        I think the fact that the gate can only fit a ship as small as a dart (Which is weaker, and will have a higher possibility of shredding to pieces near the gate) is what would stop the Wraith.

Wow, I'm dumb. I don't know how I didn't think about that - guess I need some sleep.

Comment

Yeah, besides, any energy distortions caused by the active gate would probably appear like background radiation or what not against the blackhole, which it's in extreme proximity to.

Like it's been said, it's a one way trip, and they can't send anything larger then a dart, which is at best a short range vessel, and certainly not a true threat to the Milkyway, even in numbers.

Comment

To bad they didn't know a gate address to the Ori galaxy. They could make a super gate on the wraith end and say....Next stop Earth lol...At least the wraith will get what they deserve...as total wipe out or some Ori kabobs.

Comment

I wonder what a prior would taste like?
              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
              Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman
                I wonder what a prior would taste like?
                Mmm, magically delicious?

AFAIK, I don't think they have a sense of taste in that organ.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

So what is correct here, and only answer if you really know please: The gate will slowly get sucked into the blackhole, but because of " time dialation" it will take so long for it to enter the blackhole and be destroyed, thus ending the connection to the supergate?? Or, the gate will make its way into the blackhole, where nothing can escape its gravity, even a wormhole, thus indefenitly powering the connection to the supergate?? I dont know, did they say in the show??

Comment

I think the supergate will eventually get destroyed because of the gravity of the black hole.

Comment

Well, that's an interesting thought.

After a few years, you'll have a supergate that's projecting a massive amount of gravity (like a blackhole), that's also near another blackhole.

Comment

Working...
                      X