This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why did they use that gate? PP spoilers

and how did they make it work using the milky way glyphs?

That's what I want to know.
    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
    Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by principia
      and how did they make it work using the milky way glyphs?
      They possibly brought a MW gate because it would dial to a MW gate with a 7-symbol code.
      By the way, nice sig.
      Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
      Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
      -Audioslave

Comment

I can only assume that it's one of the unaccounted for (origin-wise) gates that Ba'al had been accumulating to reseed his empire in seclusion after the collapse of the Goa'uld. So basically it was on hand and available for the experiment. Remember, as they referenced reprogramed gate crystals, any gate was likely compatible, regardless of the existing symbols on the actual gate in question. It's possible it didn't even have to dial conventionally to connect, like the supergate, programed to connect to one and only one specified gate.

Incredible Episode though!

Comment

Originally posted by Selin Peers
          I can only assume that it's one of the unaccounted for (origin-wise) gates that Ba'al had been accumulating to reseed his empire in seclusion after the collapse of the Goa'uld. So basically it was on hand and available for the experiment. Remember, as they referenced reprogramed gate crystals, any gate was likely compatible, regardless of the existing symbols on the actual gate in question. It's possible it didn't even have to dial conventionally to connect, like the supergate, programed to connect to one and only one specified gate.

Incredible Episode though!
          Oh yeah wonderful episode.

Perfecto!

Comment

Any caps yet?

Comment

I asuming because of the tremendous power of the black hole it enabled them to dial MW. I don't think it would have mattered whether or not they used a Pegasus or MW gate.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

How they established the wormhole in the first place is the only thing I don't think they covered in the episode. (We didn't get to see them dialing and estalbishing the connection)

However, once the connection is established, the blackholes provide indefinite connection time. Obviously!

But we know they can now establish that wormhole with Naquadah Generators as of "Letters from Pegasus." By connecting their five Generators in Parrallel. With the inception of the Mark-II Naquadah Generators (which were reported to be on the order of 600% more powerful then the Mark-I generators), it's likely they can now connect from Atlantis to Earth and maintain such a connection without even using power from the ZPM. Thoughts?

You're right though, probably wouldn't have mattered whether it was a Milkyway or Pegasus gate. But, as we saw in the following episode of Atlantis, SGA-1 was scouting planets for possible gates to collect for an intergalactic gate bridge. So, I guess I can only assume both the SGC and SGA administrations wouldn't have approved just picking up any old gate from any random location.

As they had several of the spare gates left over from Ba'al's operation, on hand. You have your answer as to why it was a Milkyway gate.

Comment

why milky way gate, why not a PG gate? ah, what ever, still way cool ep
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Because they have those gates Ba'al stole lying around.

Comment

i thought we returned those
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I'm not saying that's it 100%, but it sure makes sense! They knew where most of the gates that Ba'al stole were from, but they didn't say they returned all of them, quite possibly because they didn't know where they came from in order to return them. I'm sure no one would want extra gates just floating around some place in the galaxy for anyone to have and possibly abuse. Least of all the U.S. Military! The Pentagon would have likely insisted upon keeping them in reserve for future possibilities!

Besides! Who knows when another Half Ascended Goa'uld is going to rise from the dead and overload Earth's Stargate, thus necessitating the replacement of said gate!

Spare Stargates sure are a useful commodity!

Comment

Also, at least one of those gates were taken from Lucian Alliance-controlled planets. Now we wouldn't want to return gates to them, now would we?

Comment

Well, I think the SGC would have... As we're the good guys and morally supperior, ofcourse... But that doesn't mean they had to like it. I'd do it only after having teeth pulled!

Comment

Uh, one question about these MkIIs: I've only heard about them in passing, what ep were they in?
                              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                              Zatnikitelman

Comment

Working...
                              X