Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using the Grace Tactic in the fight against the Ori?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the Grace Tactic in the fight against the Ori?

I'm sure the producers/writers conveniently forgot all about what Samantha managed to do in season 7's Grace

Spoiler:
    She manages to shift Promethus into a quasi different time-space, thereby freeing it from the effects of the space cloud.

First of all, why didn't we use this tactic after that episode?

I'm pretty confident that using this tactic on the Odyessey would prevent any more serious damage from Ori super rays, and would go a long way in helping The Deadalous fight the Wraith. I mean, if there was some way to

Spoiler:
    allow for instant shift into different time space long enough to avoid a weapon beam, then phaze in to launch another weapon then phaze out

That would be great.

Of course, our current weapons would be useless against the Ori, but this would be another useful trick up our sleave when encountering the Wraith.

I know it will unlikely be revisited, and that's a real shame. Thoughts? Comments?

Well, against the Wraith, I don't know how effective it would be, since the Wraith hiveships fire like crazy so as soon as you "phaze in", they would still be able to hit you. It would work to dodge Ori shots, because they just shoot a huge beam and then they have to wait for it to recharge, but of course you already said why it wouldn't help much against the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis87
      Well, against the Wraith, I don't know how effective it would be, since the Wraith hiveships fire like crazy so as soon as you "phaze in", they would still be able to hit you. It would work to dodge Ori shots, because they just shoot a huge beam and then they have to wait for it to recharge, but of course you already said why it wouldn't help much against the Ori.

What really bothers me is that this aspect, like many potentially interesting possible routes the show could have taken, was ignored after Grace.

I mean, using the tactic against Ha'taks and even Replicators would've been great.

But no, it's never explored again. Maybe the Grace Technique could've been altered to create a kind of anti shield that, when an object passes into it, it goes into the out of phaze state, going through the ship without damaging it, then when it comes out of the shield, it appears in our phaze again.
      Such shield technology would be a GREAT help for us, and our fighters could have special signiature tags that prevent them from going out of phaze when they try to return to their holding bays.

Oh well, it's fun to think about, but disapointing that such a substantial tactic was never explored again.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimategurion
        What really bothers me is that this aspect, like many potentially interesting possible routes the show could have taken, was ignored after Grace.

I mean, using the tactic against Ha'taks and even Replicators would've been great.

But no, it's never explored again. Maybe the Grace Technique could've been altered to create a kind of anti shield that, when an object passes into it, it goes into the out of phaze state, going through the ship without damaging it, then when it comes out of the shield, it appears in our phaze again.
        Such shield technology would be a GREAT help for us, and our fighters could have special signiature tags that prevent them from going out of phaze when they try to return to their holding bays.

Oh well, it's fun to think about, but disapointing that such a substantial tactic was never explored again.
        Great Idea but you're forgetting one thing: SG-1 and SGA must be technologically inferior to their enemies or the underdog formula the shows thrive on would have to be changed.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
          Great Idea but you're forgetting one thing: SG-1 and SGA must be technologically inferior to their enemies or the underdog formula the shows thrive on would have to be changed.
          I figured that's why tptb "forgot" it, but it just doesn't make sense from a practical stand point. And they could've always gone "oh crap, the bad guys have learned about our advantage and adjusted for it, we're screwed again." But for a few eps it would've been neat if there was some further exposition and application.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimategurion
            I figured that's why tptb "forgot" it, but it just doesn't make sense from a practical stand point. And they could've always gone "oh crap, the bad guys have learned about our advantage and adjusted for it, we're screwed again." But for a few eps it would've been neat if there was some further exposition and application.

Agreed.

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
            X