Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone agree the current SG-1 intro blows chunks?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone agree the current SG-1 intro blows chunks?

As everyone here is well aware, I am an avid supporter of the show, especially the new team (I love Mitchell, much more down-to-earth character then O'Neill), but I think the intro since the reintroduced them to the show have flat out sucked. Am I the only one, or do some of you guys agree with me? Atlantis has a rockin' intro, from the awesome music to the great scenes (Wraith, combat, the main characters faces, the blue white-washed effect), while Stargate SG-1's intro is very... bland. I even have to say since getting used to Atlantis' music, I'm bored of listening to the SG-1 theme song! Either that, or it just doesn't "fit" with the current intro, especially the cheesy CGI Gate they have spinning at the start that I always fast forward.

I dont like the new one either, old ones or much better or SGA intro.
    Matthew
    Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

Yeah, the CGI does seem a little cheap at points. The theme song is showing age as well. I don't know, it's all too "Sci-fi syndication" for me. I like the Atlantis intro much better, and the BSG intro, well, it's better than most shows on TV.
      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

I disagree. I think they're awesome.

In fact, I think they're better than pretty much all previous ones except for the original one (no, not the Ra mask one) used in Seasons 1 to 5.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15

In fact, I think they're better than pretty much all previous ones except for the original one (no, not the Ra mask one) used in Seasons 1 to 5.
          INDEED!
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

i wouldnt change the theme music for the world as that is stargate, you cant change that, it's great. I was however a little disappointed with the S10 intro, I thought they would've changed it now claudia black is full time and not just add her into the old one with a few new scenes. I still like the bluey purple stargate sg-1 part but the rest is a bit boring, that being said i always fast forward the atlantis intro aswell as that got boring after a while for me.

Comment

I'm not bored of the theme song, but the selection of clips and the poor-quality gate CGI effects are nasty!

SGA On the otherhand...perfect title sequence bar two things...couldn't they have picked nicer close-ups for Carson and Rodney?!?!? lol
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

They should've used normal cloths for Vala that blue thingey makes the whole intro look medievel

And maybe a real SG would be better, although the CGI one looks futuristic

Comment

Yea i dont like this years as much as previsous years but not because of the song beacause of the scenes.

But hey it doesnt matter too much to me because im there to watch the show not the theme song!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
                    They should've used normal cloths for Vala that blue thingey makes the whole intro look medievel

And maybe a real SG would be better, although the CGI one looks futuristic
                    We're on the same level man!

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

dosnt this belong in the anti season 10 thread?
                      SAVE SG-1
                      www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                      Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

No, this is just a debate about the intro. Which I think is all right. I, too, wouldn't want the theme to change. Ever. It is what defines Stargate. I also think using a real gate than the CGI would be a lot better. I loved season 7's theme with the real spinning 'gate. Otherwise, I really have no problems with it. I much much perfer it than to last seasons where they featured Mitchell almost exclusively.

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
                          No, this is just a debate about the intro. Which I think is all right. I, too, wouldn't want the theme to change. Ever. It is what defines Stargate. I also think using a real gate than the CGI would be a lot better. I loved season 7's theme with the real spinning 'gate. Otherwise, I really have no problems with it. I much much perfer it than to last seasons where they featured Mitchell almost exclusively.
                          Agree on every level.

The song IS SG-1 and must never change...but that CGI gate must go.

At least the new credits make an attempt to show team pics rather than all Mitchell, which was irksome at best.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15

I think the current intro for SG-1 is awesome as well. Personally, I wouldn't really change it for anything. I think they did a fine job with it. I actually like the CG gate, and the theme music never gets old IMO. In fact, it always pumps me up a little more before every episode.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              In fact, it always pumps me up a little more before every episode.
                              Me too!

Sometimes when I listen to it I "dance" around to it, like that numa-numa guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X