This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asgard Ship in Camelot?

Can some one refresh my memory please? What happened to the Asgard Ship in Camelot? It wasn't in FLesh and Blood so did it get destroyed or did it leave the system?

Perfecto!

Originally posted by Major_Griff
    Can some one refresh my memory please? What happened to the Asgard Ship in Camelot? It wasn't in FLesh and Blood so did it get destroyed or did it leave the system?
    It’s never been made clear what exactly happened to that Asgard ship, although I would bet that it left the system as I can’t imagine it being destroyed that easily. After all it wasn’t there to fight, it was there to try and dial out the supergate.

Comment

it was most likely destroyed or severely damaged. there's no other explaination why kvasir is on the odyssey. since his ship is way superior and could've been used to save them.

no matter what anyone says that's what most likely happened.

especially after what landry said
      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Minor slip-up not mentioning that by TPTB. It's ok though, I forgive them.

Personally, I think it was probably destroyed. If it hadn't been, I think the Asgard would have rendered assistance to survivors.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

One other possibility as to why the fate of the ship wasn't mentioned, and this is something that happens in probably every TV series ever made: someone did mention its fate, but that little snippet of dialogue ended up being cut to save time.

Just a thought.
          "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
          -----

Comment

I too think it must've been damaged or destroyed.

Question: Why is everyone saying it's an Asgard Science Vessel? It looks nothing like them....

Comment

Because of the scaling screw ups. And we don't know what happened to it.

Landry only said it cut though them. I would say that is a pretty apt description but it doesn't necessarily have to mean that they were all destroyed, just that the fleet as a whole was easily beaten.

Comment

Yep cus the Odyssy is still alive

I think it fled the battle, since Kvasir was on the Odyssy thus noone was aboard the Asgard ship, so the auto-pilot probably kicked in and if went away.

Like in SW, Mara Jade's ship had fire return and evade protocols

Comment

The asgard ships DO have a crew (thor talked before about his crew having been evacuated from his ship or something), we just haven't ever seen them because of the CGI expenses involved. Maybe they took the ship and fled? Or left in a hurry to report the events to the Asgard council?

Comment

I think lately the Asgard mann their vessels alone, like Thor when his ship got destroyed by Anubis, Loki, Thor when they were fighting the replicators etc.

Comment

The asgard ship survived of course.

The asgard at the top of the food chain. There should be more episodes with them in it. Just normal things back on there planets. Stuff to do with there Cloning.

I don't know why people are so worried about the Wraith for example, the asgard would kick the crap through them. I just wish it would happen. Wraith can make it to our galaxy and get the crap kicked out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by asgard_fleet
                        The asgard at the top of the food chain. There should be more episodes with them in it. Just normal things back on there planets. Stuff to do with there Cloning.
                        I've mentioned it before, but Thor needs his own series. A mini-series if you will, with the little Asgard checking out the females of various species in the name of research. Perhaps next time Gateworld does an interview with Shanks or the producers they could mention it.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                        My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

Originally posted by asgard_fleet
                          The asgard ship survived of course.

I don't know why people are so worried about the Wraith for example, the asgard would kick the crap through them. I just wish it would happen. Wraith can make it to our galaxy and get the crap kicked out of them.
                          Not anymore, I'm pretty sure an Ori ship would pwn and Asgard one, hell, even if an Asgard ship attacked Earth we could probably pwn it with the weapon in Antarctica...

Comment

The Asgard ship wasn't able to do any damage to the Ori ships, but it didn't take any damage from them either. It did what looked like an evasive maneuver behind the Ori ship, and it looked like it was picking up speed, likely for a hyperspace jump. They never made it clear what kind of Asgard ship it was, and it was hard to tell...I think it was likely a science vessel and not a ship designed for combat. The Asgard don't really have many ships to spare (at least as stated in this season), so after realizing that they probably weren't going to take out the Ori ship with weapons, they hightailed it out of there, knowing there wasn't really anything they could do for the rest of the fleet.

Comment

Gen. Landry said via intelligence from Jaffa or Tokra that the Asgard ship was torn through. And the Odyssey survived only because it ran away.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X