This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live-Action and Remakes

Which animation or older puppet (ie, Stingray) tv series would you like to see made into a live-action movie or series? Also what older series would make for good remakes?
    Here's my choices for animation:

01. I know that Thunderbirds now has a live-action movie but I would like to see a tv series of it and most of the old Gerry Anderson puppet series as well.

02. Thanks to CGI, I would think that the likes of Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon and Transformers would make a good live-action series.

03. I would very much like to see a Space: 1999 and Buck Rogers remake, similar to the lines of BSG 2003.

Buck Rogers will be cool,
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
      Buck Rogers will be cool,
      Yeah, I think they could spiff up the Buck Rogers story and make it a pretty good scifi one. I guess in a way Demolition man (great show even if stallone was in it) was sort of on the same lines but not nearly far enough in the future.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by waykins
        02. Thanks to CGI, I would think that the likes of Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon and Transformers would make a good live-action series.
        The live-action Transformers movie is actually already in the works for next year.

Personally, I'm still waiting for a live-action She-Ra movie. He-Man's already got/is getting two!
        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

They are making a live action version ofStarblazers as well. I would really like to see them make a live action movie of "Robotech" which was clearly one of the greatest anime's of all time! It would be awesome to see what a real looking veritech fighter would look like ripping a Zentradi battlepod apart.

Comment

Working...
          X