X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 s10 / SGA s3 (spoilers)

One thing that bothered me about the latest episode of SG1,
    Spoiler:
    Weir was at the SGC during this time period.. I'm suprised she was not shown in this episode. I like to see cross over episodes where SG1 cast interacts with Atlantis cast.

I know in canada the SG1 and Atlantis stages are right across the hall from each other, I'm wondering why they didnt give Weir even a quick cameo of standing in the gate room with the Landry or something. It seems like it would be so simple to have any of the cast members appear on either stage with little effort. I think the only difficulty would come from them being on a seperate payroll or something.

Its little things like this that help with bridge the distance between the shows. Thats one of the main things that has peaked my interest since both shows have been running together, is that the spin off series is set in the same time period so that we have the potential for cross overs etc.

next sg-1 episode is a cross over. And Landry was in the first sga episode

Comment

yeah i know landry was in SGA,
      Spoiler:
      but it would have been nice to see weir in SG1, since she was at the SGC.

Comment

After all they are two different shows and you don't need to see the character always in both shows.
        Spoiler:
        And as i already said, i think you see her next sg-1 episode

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think the writers/producers might not want to overdo the crossovers because they might be thinking about when the shows are in reruns and aren't necessarily running concurrently. People watching in the future might be like "Why the heck is Wier at the SGC?"

Comment

Originally posted by ultness
            One thing that bothered me about the latest episode of SG1,
            Spoiler:
            Weir was at the SGC during this time period.. I'm suprised she was not shown in this episode. I like to see cross over episodes where SG1 cast interacts with Atlantis cast.

I know in canada the SG1 and Atlantis stages are right across the hall from each other, I'm wondering why they didnt give Weir even a quick cameo of standing in the gate room with the Landry or something. It seems like it would be so simple to have any of the cast members appear on either stage with little effort. I think the only difficulty would come from them being on a seperate payroll or something.

Its little things like this that help with bridge the distance between the shows. Thats one of the main things that has peaked my interest since both shows have been running together, is that the spin off series is set in the same time period so that we have the potential for cross overs etc.
            You can't expect a crossover every time Weir or someone else goes to the SGC. That'll just take time of the plot.

Comment

Yeah, having Weir appear doesn't really serve the SG1 plot, so no point in having her there.

Comment

Yeah I understand how it would distract from the plot if she had a whole scene or something, but I'm just saying she could have been in the gate room with Landry just standing there with him when SG1 dialed earth to check in and maybe have a one liner. I understand the appearance would be brief and hardly worth having her name on the openning credits but like I said

The SG1 and SGA stages are right accross the hall from each other, surely little dashes of continuity would not be hard to add. And no matter how small the cross-over, even if we saw her in the background looking at a computer or something, it still helps weave the 2 shows closer together.

Comment

No, see, they would have to pay Torri for the SG1 episode if she was there.

Comment

Mabey the way they saw it was the events in SG-1 took place first therefore she wouldn't have been at the SGC yet.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                      Mabey the way they saw it was the events in SG-1 took place first therefore she wouldn't have been at the SGC yet.
                      Precisely, I don’t think the two show exactly sink up as far as the timeline goes. From what I understand the events in say episode two of each show are supposed to take place a few weeks apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateboy13
                        Precisely, I don’t think the two show exactly sink up as far as the timeline goes. From what I understand the events in say episode two of each show are supposed to take place a few weeks apart.
                        Something like that. TPTB definitely don't write the episodes of SG-1 and SGA to be directly in sync with one another, at least not always.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                        X