This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one "leads" SG-1

The more I see the interactions between the members of the "new" SG-1, the more I get the impression that no one is actually "in charge." They all seem to work in a mutual partnership. There are times when it seems Sam is giving orders, and then other times when Cameron seems to defer to Teal'c or Daniel. It could just be that Cam knows that they have more experience and it behooves him to listen them, but even so...

He could have chosen a newbie scientist and a couple of sergeants for SG-1 and been the undisputed top dawg, but Cam wanted to work with the best. In any case, Mitchell's name might have the official "leader" title next to it on some Air Force roster, but the moment he decided to include the original members of SG-1 on "his" team, it ceased to become "his team" and became "the team."

Does this make sense?
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Not to mention completely violates the principle of unity of command.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
    - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

I understood from some comments made by TPTB that they will address the issue. When? I don't know. I am curious how will they explain it.
      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther
        Not to mention completely violates the principle of unity of command.
        Kinda difficult to have a clear command structure with two officers of the same rank and two civilians.
        Besides, they seem to get the job done, all the same.

Comment

Some people on Gateworld really need to read this.
          Last edited by Ltcolshepjumper; 25 July 2006, 07:56 AM.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Hence someone needs to be promoted. Should have be Carter. She has the experience...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
            - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Hence someone needs to be promoted. Should have be Carter. She has the experience...
              That will happen unless Mitchell saves that day.
              School is overrated.

Comment

I agree, as much as like Browder and the Mitchell character, it seems he doesn't command the respect that RDA did with the fellow members of SG-1. Maybe TPTB are in no rush to make it look like Mitchell is the man (so to speak), after all he was pretty clueless about a lot of things off-world in season 9.

Great post and good observation Major, ^5.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Carter has only been a Lt. Col. for 2 years. So far, she has done nothing to deserve a promotion to Colonel. And yes, Mitchell doesn't command the respect that Oneill did, but still, he's been in one year and Oneill started out has the superior officer. They're only Lt. Col.'s. Don't expect them to be just like Oneill.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                    Some people on here really need to read this.
                    Do you have TPTB in mind?
                    School is overrated.

Comment

Sure, but Carter is the scientist in the first place... So what if during one of the missions there's going to be the necessity to solve the scientific problem and leading the military mission at the same time?
                      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                        Do you have TPTB in mind?
                        NO. Some people on Gateworld forum. If Carter was in charge of the team, which I have no objections to it, then she would be the center of the show every time there was a scientific problem. And if Carter was put in charge at the beginning of Season 9 then I would be fine with it, but Mitchell was, so I think he should remain in charge

Spoiler:

Comment

In order to differentiate this thread from the "who should lead SG-1" thread, please refrain from discussing what should happen. The purpose of this thread is to discuss what has happened, and the team dynamic that has resulted.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                            The more I see the interactions between the members of the "new" SG-1, the more I get the impression that no one is actually "in charge." They all seem to work in a mutual partnership. There are times when it seems Sam is giving orders, and then other times when Cameron seems to defer to Teal'c or Daniel. It could just be that Cam knows that they have more experience and it behooves him to listen them, but even so...

He could have chosen a newbie scientist and a couple of sergeants for SG-1 and been the undisputed top dawg, but Cam wanted to work with the best. In any case, Mitchell's name might have the official "leader" title next to it on some Air Force roster, but the moment he decided to include the original members of SG-1 on "his" team, it ceased to become "his team" and became "the team."

Does this make sense?
                            Yes, and I like it. The episode where Cam's friend is sick and they have to save Tea'lc, Cam enters the gateroom as the mission is getting ready to move out, and Sam is giving the orders. Cam gets in line and listens, he doesn't immediately take over to show off his superiority. I liked that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                              Yes, and I like it. The episode where Cam's friend is sick and they have to save Tea'lc, Cam enters the gateroom as the mission is getting ready to move out, and Sam is giving the orders. Cam gets in line and listens, he doesn't immediately take over to show off his superiority. I liked that.
                              I liked that too.
                              Looks like this new team dynamic seems more like a democracy.
                              School is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X