Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Daniel A Coward? (Spoilers for Flesh and Blood)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Daniel A Coward? (Spoilers for Flesh and Blood)

In "Flesh and Blood" Daniel is attempting to ring out an atom bomb. When his ship gets hit, instead of moving the bomb back onto the platform and ringing it out, he rings himself out, losing that opportunity to destroy an Ori ship and leaving other Koralev crewmembers to die. Does that strike anyone as cowardly and out of character?

Originally posted by stargate70
    In "Flesh and Blood" Daniel is attempting to ring out an atom bomb. When his ship gets hit, instead of moving the bomb back onto the platform and ringing it out, he rings himself out, losing that opportunity to destroy an Ori ship and leaving other Koralev crewmembers to die. Does that strike anyone as cowardly and out of character?
    Nuclear warheads are pretty heavy, and he probably knew he wouldn't be able to move it in time.

Live to fight another day...
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

he could have rolled it. It's not that far!

Comment

he could have rolled it. It's not that far!
        Ha! It took, what, three Russian crewmembers to move the thing in the first place? He's an archeologist, not a superhero!
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

i dont care how well trained you are(in daniels case not very well) but in situations such as that you react instinctively first then if your lucky you get a change to think about others

Comment

I think the ship being hit as hard as it was, that Daniel concluded that it was a critical strike to the Korlev. He's certainly use to thinking on his feet. He might have concluded he didn't have the time to get the bomb into place and send it before the ship blew. Besides, he's a main character. Can't go blowing him up without a replacement for Oma Desala!

Comment

No... his 9 years of experience made him instinctively realize the Korolev was about to blow up - he could stay and die or dive into the rings as the ship was exploding around him.

I don't see that as cowardice, I see that as the only thing he could have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                He's an archeologist, not a superhero!
                I disagree... he's both!

Comment

The way I see it, he had a choice. He knew the rings would send him to the Ori ship, so would it really be worth dragging the russian scientists along with you? Getting caught on an Ori ship could be a fate worse than death, but Daniel was willing to take that risk- one person alone would stand a chance of survival, whereas one person and a few russian scientists are far more likely to be caught, tortured, infected with plague, converted, hung upside down and shaken etc... Instead he let them die relatively peacefully.

Oh, and lets not forget the intel the Ori could gather from them if they were caught. They could learn of the delicate relationship between the US and Russia and manipulate in the same way the Goa'uld tried to do in Full Alert. After all, we've already seen them do that in Ethon.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                    Live to fight another day...
                    I agree! It's not cowardly, to have sacrifice himself when it would have probably been pointless sacrifice is silly. You do what you have to do to survive and sometimes you react without thinking,...and I do not think it's a cowardly act, besides you can't defeat the Ori if your dead because you got blown to smithereens.

Comment

I don';t believe he was a coward at all. The way all of us were getting our a**es kicked Danny probably realized that he had two choices, try to blow up the Ori ship or try to gain some intel. I believe he chose the same choice I would have. He was able to gain some intel so it shows that he made the right choice.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Not at all. He felt the blast and knew it was a death blow and realized he only had a couple seconds at best. There was no way he could go for the others as they had fallen back too far. Plus I don't believe the nuke was ready to go yet (I believe the crew were in the process of setting the device when the ship was hit) so it wouldn't have mattered if he ringed it over there or not.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Not at all. He felt the blast and knew it was a death blow and realized he only had a couple seconds at best. There was no way he could go for the others as they had fallen back too far. Plus I don't believe the nuke was ready to go yet (I believe the crew were in the process of setting the device when the ship was hit) so it wouldn't have mattered if he ringed it over there or not.
                          beat me to it, darn
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Survival instinct...

Comment

he did what every other human will do in his case. survive even if it means the death of others
                              A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Working...
                              X