PDA

View Full Version : Pro Sam/Pete shippers

ShadowMaat
April 30th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Remember, this is a thread for people who like Pete! No bashing of the character (or the S/P shippers) allowed. :p

Reviving this thread mostly to prove that I CAN say nice things about the show. Once in a while. And I think Pete is a terrific character. I'm a bit leery of how he's being used, but I may actually tune in if he makes an appearance in S8. I think he's far better for Sam than Jack could ever hope to be. He's not her boss, for one. And he isn't connected with "work". And he makes her smile. :)

David
April 30th, 2004, 08:24 PM
I've never called myself a Shipper. But I enjoy seeing Sam and Pete together... does that make me one?

PS Glad you made it Shadowmaat. Kept your own name afterall, eh?

ShadowMaat
April 30th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Is Sholvah here yet? I could still steal his name, just outta spite. ;)

And if ya like Sam and Pete together, that's good enough for me.

David
April 30th, 2004, 08:39 PM
I like Sam happy, and I like Pete. I guess that says that.

The Shol'vah is probably asleep. Ireland must be early in the A.M. :)

Teal'c
May 1st, 2004, 01:57 AM
Oh, I'm here ;)

I'm not exactly a Sam/Pete shipper, but I do like Pete, come on, a box of wine! :P

MartoufMarty
May 1st, 2004, 05:47 AM
*cough*

hey, look! a Sam/Pete vid:

http://martoufmarty.topcities.com/

*cough*

*runs away*

ShadowMaat
May 1st, 2004, 06:50 AM
It's a good vid, Steph, even if the voices do annoy me. ;) If you ever use "As Time Goes By" make sure to use the version that includes all the talk about science and physics. I have a .wav file of Dooley Wilson singing it- Sam from Casablanca. Good stuff.

So you wanna be called Teal'c then, eh T-bone? I can do that...

keshou
May 1st, 2004, 09:45 AM
I like to see Sam happy and I sort of liked Pete and was hoping to see him again in season 8.

However, I can't help but feel Pete is going to end up being nothing more than a plot device to delay the inevitable S/J ending. So I guess I'm not very devoted to the cause. *sigh* :(

ShadowMaat
May 1st, 2004, 09:51 AM
Yeah, seems pretty obvious that TPTB consider Pete to be nothing more than The Obstacle, but I fully intend to go right on hoping for the best with Sam/Pete and dreaming of them being happy together regardless of the Cold Heel of Reality (aka TPTB) grinding them into paste. :p

Teal'c
May 1st, 2004, 10:28 AM
It's a good vid, Steph, even if the voices do annoy me. ;) If you ever use "As Time Goes By" make sure to use the version that includes all the talk about science and physics. I have a .wav file of Dooley Wilson singing it- Sam from Casablanca. Good stuff.

So you wanna be called Teal'c then, eh T-bone? I can do that...
T-Bone? What ever you say Koko ;)

Go Sam/Pete vid! :D

xayeidemon
May 1st, 2004, 11:14 AM
Yay! I love Pete. I honestly can't see why people hate him so. Besides Martouf, he's the only guy I want to see Sam with. Here's to hoping he won't be booted out on his ear in favour of the J/S shippers. Yick.

zebrok
May 1st, 2004, 03:19 PM
Oh, I'm here ;)

I'm not exactly a Sam/Pete shipper, but I do like Pete, come on, a box of wine! :P

Yup, thats exactly where I started to like the character too. Just cant beat a box of wine, but crashing that party with Sam came in a strong second.

As for Sam/Pete, apart from the fact that the actors have good chemistry, I just like the fact that if Sam *has* to have a love interest in the show its with a recurring but not regular character. That way it can be revisited when TPTB need to, but the rest of the time the romance can be put in a box in the corner while the SciFi continues.

Dani347
May 1st, 2004, 05:15 PM
As for Sam/Pete, apart from the fact that the actors have good chemistry, I just like the fact that if Sam *has* to have a love interest in the show its with a recurring but not regular character. That way it can be revisited when TPTB need to, but the rest of the time the romance can be put in a box in the corner while the SciFi continues.

Both good reasons to support this ship. Pete's a likable guy, Sam's not a moony teenager around him, and every episode won't be Sam's love life (which would be annoying no matter how much I like him)

ShadowMaat
May 1st, 2004, 05:26 PM
I just like the fact that if Sam *has* to have a love interest in the show its with a recurring but not regular character. That way it can be revisited when TPTB need to, but the rest of the time the romance can be put in a box in the corner while the SciFi continues.

Good point. With S/J ship, if they ever do get together, the ship would be right there, in your face in every single episode because Sam and Jack are IN every episode. And yes, I know it's already "in your face" but imagine how much worse it would be if/when they DID get together... *shudders* No, on second thought, DON'T imagine it. That's far too horrific to contemplate.

I like the idea of the characters in general having love interests OUTSIDE of work, outside of Stargate Command. It makes it a little more realistic to me and avoids the sense of claustrophobia I tend to get whenever two main characters suddenly wanna suck face. :p

I also really like Pete and I like what he does for Sam: he makes her happy, he makes her relaxed, and best of all, she acts like herself!! That's a very important factor in my reckoning of things. ;)

MartoufMarty
May 1st, 2004, 07:23 PM
Oh, I'm here ;)

i see nothing wrong with a box of wine lol. pete is kind of cool.

i saw David Deluise in this Budwieser commercial with Dale Earnhardt JR. David is a reporter going for an interview with Little E and he's asking the camera guy before going to the door 'the dye job worked. and i look good?'

so Little E answers the door and he says, 'we're here for the interview.' and little e says, 'where do you want to do it?' david: 'wherever you're most comfortable.' cuts to the racecar and David is screaming (because they're going really fast around the race track and then at the end little e says as he walks away, 'thanks guys!' and you see David and the camera dude sitting by the car holding on to each other because they're freaked out.

it was funny. not until after seeing Chimera did i realize it was David Deluise. lol

David
May 1st, 2004, 07:31 PM
David has been appearing in a lot of commercials. Always when I see him I know it's going to be something worth watching and, often, funny.

KorbenDirewolf
May 7th, 2004, 01:45 AM
hey, I'm happy with anything that gets her away from O'Niell.

ShadowMaat
May 12th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Can I vent here about how much I despise all the people currently bashing the hell out of Pete? I've added more people to my ignore list tonight just for their spiteful "Pete should die" sentiments... Grrrrrr... http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/lynx/redmad.gif

Why the hell can't people grow up??

I like Pete and anyone who has a problem with that can go **** themselves. :P

Grow up. The poor bast*** isn't the anticrhist, although a lot of fans certainly seem to think he is.

Someone comfort me. Tell me I'm not the only one who likes Pete. Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Pete is miles better for Sam than Jack is and that if Sam & Pete got married it wouldn't be a bad thing. *sniff* :(

I'm not even going to discuss the atrocities TPTB are going to visit on the character. The fans are depressing and nasty enough on their own. :(

Shipperahoy
May 12th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Well can I say that I certainly don't think that Pete is the Anti-Christ and that I don't think that he should die in any way, horrible or not? Also that I totally agree that the Pete-bashing has gotten completely out of hand and IMO very very disturbing. I would suggest that you and other pro-Pete'ers just keep posting how much you love Pete and that you would like to keep seeing him or even tell some of the more violent anti-Pete people that you are disturbed by their posts. I know that I myself have done that and some of them, when they realized that it was disturbing to others, toned down their posts quite considerably.

The fact that I'm writing this despite the fact that I have problems with the Pete character ( I don't hate him I just have issues with Chimera) should just go to show how disturbed I am by the violent turn this all has taken. I'm sorry that you've been made to feel this way and I hope that I've made you feel even a little bit better. And I hope that it doesn't bother anyone that I'm posting here.

Dani347
May 12th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Someone comfort me. Tell me I'm not the only one who likes Pete. Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Pete is miles better for Sam than Jack is and that if Sam & Pete got married it wouldn't be a bad thing. *sniff*

I like Pete. I think he's way better for Sam than Jack.

MagnoliaAnaglypta
May 13th, 2004, 04:58 AM
I like Pete. I think he's way better for Sam than Jack.
Me too.

SallyK
May 13th, 2004, 09:59 AM
I completely agree as well - he makes her happy, she is able to be herself around him, they are equals, what's not to like?

I don't want them to spend whole episodes on anyone's love-life, even Teal'c's :), but I would be very happy to see Pete again, and know that since Sam wants somebody in her life, she has him.

SallyK

marythebadger
May 13th, 2004, 02:12 PM
hey, I'm happy with anything that gets her away from O'Niell.
perfectly said....

Ali888
May 16th, 2004, 07:17 AM
I don't think that my comment will be of much comfort to you unfortunately. I certainly agree with you that Pete and Sam make a much better couple than Jack and Sam. Unfortunately, after seeing the second half of Season 7, I think that Pete deserves someone much better than Sam.

Ali P

ShadowMaat
May 16th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Unfortunately, after seeing the second half of Season 7, I think that Pete deserves someone much better than Sam.

I would know how to take good care of him. :D

marythebadger
May 17th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately, after seeing the second half of Season 7, I think that Pete deserves someone much better than Sam.
Ali P

I've felt exactly that way about Jack... he deserves someone much better for him than Sam... someone who respects him, who understands who he is (her remark to Teal'c about 'the way of the warrior crap' is a perfect example) and isn't, who has the emotional complexity to deal with a man who has baggage (guilt over the death of his son that is still in the forefront of his thoughts after six years, as stated in ep Unnatural Selection); who doesn't think he's lazy (The Light) and stupid (Redemption).......
He loves fishing, quiet and the simple life; she loves science....
once they crawled out of the sack, they'd have nothing in common...
So, yay, go for it, Pete!
(Besides, I don't want Jack dead. Everyone else, including Jack in the AUs, ended up dead...)
Sam and Pete..... anything to keep her away from Jack.......

Dani347
May 17th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Sam and Pete..... anything to keep her away from Jack.......

hee! I think you might be the first person to put out this particular argument.

Anthro Girl
July 6th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Thanks to Shadow for reminding me about this thread. Just want to add my $0.02 US. ;)

I was really surprised at all the "stalker Pete" business. I can understand the S/J or S/? shippers disagreeing with the storyline, but a stalker? Jeez...I *expected* him from the start to do a background check, but maybe that's just my personal experience with law enforcement speaking. :) I had an issue with the reveal at the end, but SG has grown from the days when they couldn't tell Jacob anything. We've had motherships blow up overhead and who else could threaten Pete with the power to wipe his existence from the face of the Earth and send him to live in the Land of the Light? Not that I'm suggesting that... :p

Anyway, who knows how it'll play out. It's obvious that TPTB and the cast have been affected by the fan response. I'm glad they're not apologizing for it.

ShadowMaat
July 6th, 2004, 02:34 PM
I still say if TPTB expect us to take Pete seriously and if they honestly want us to think good thoughts about him then they shouldn't keep mentioning "Stalker" Pete. I'm sure they MEAN it as a joke, but all it does is justify the nagative viewpoint and make it seem as if they aren't taking him seriously and/or consider him to be the b*stard certain groups think he is.

Madeleine
July 6th, 2004, 09:43 PM
It's clearly just a joke, this "stalker Pete" thing. Anyone who imagines that a background check initiated by some very odd behaviour and one single incident of following the odd-behavoiur-person in order to ascertain that person's safety... well, on the plus side, if anyone does seriously believe the label at least that's one person who hasn't experienced the nightmare of what a real stalker is like ;)

b00
July 7th, 2004, 04:45 AM
I didn't have a problem with Pete doing a background check since that's what I'd expect cops to do, too.

However, I had an issue with him actually showing up on the scene after the background check. Any smart cop would know that high-level organizations (including cops) get involved in dangerous, covert operations that require secrecy. Sam's behavior wasn't odd at all - he knew she's ranked in the Air Force and she essentially told him she's involved in something top secret. His reaction after knowing that is actually more unusual; surely he was trained by his superiors about covert ops?

If someone interrupted such an operation IRL, I imagine they'd be in huge trouble; Pete was lucky he didn't accidentally screw things up, but nor did he help much either. I wanted to shoot the writer(s) at that point for making Pete so stupid - surely there was a better way to get him involved. Perhaps by accident, or normal cop-routines out of the way... Granted he probably didn't know at the specific moment he started following her that Sam would be involved in an operation, but he should've figured it out in his wait-in-car-mode.

Pete is fine as a person, I like Sam happy (and away from Jack :P), but I get this horrible feeling that he never went to college and might even be a high-school dropout. Not an intellectual match for Sam at all. (!)

I'm still secretly hoping for a Pete/Lantash thing. (hahaha)

GateGipsy
July 7th, 2004, 05:03 AM
I don't think you can be a cop if you don't have your high school diploma.

I don't have a problem with him turning up at the stake out as I figure he just probably thought he was qualified to be there. After all he's an experienced cop who's been in heaps of tough situations. He can handle himself, and he's a professional as much as Sam.

We can't blame him for not knowing that there'd be Alien's involved!

b00
July 7th, 2004, 05:20 AM
OK, then maybe no college...

As for him thinking he's qualified - that's not an issue with high-level covert ops and such. It actually illustrates more of his inexperience and poor judgement - if he knew how covert ops work, he should know that they're SECRET for good reasons. He shouldn't have gotten so upset in the first place. Family members aren't even supposed to know about particular covert ops either, I think. People in those fields must still know their limitations and jurisdiction. :/ But I'll cut him some slack for not knowing about glowy-eye-chick. :P

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Ya know, Jack isn't exactly a genius himself. Most shippers don't seem to have a problem with that. I don't have a problem with Pete's level of education, either, whether it's higher, lower or the same as anyone else's and I think it's a bit pompous to make assumptions about people based on their level of education. I've known some highly intelligent people who never even graduated high school. I've also known some imbeciles who couldn't tie their own shoes without help but have masters degrees from college. How "smart" he is doesn't matter, it's what kind of person he is that counts. At least in MY book. Pete may not be as smart as Sam, but he knows he isn't and at least he doesn't condescend to her about it like SOME people do.

GateGipsy
July 7th, 2004, 06:17 AM
saw Redemption again the other day and have to say, I'm turning into a dyed in the wool Sam/Mackay shipper! Eeek!

edited to say: ooops this is off topic. I'll take the convo elsewhere! Sorry.

prion
July 7th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Grow up. The poor bast*** isn't the anticrhist, although a lot of fans certainly seem to think he is.
:(

The 'die peter, die' posts I've seen about on various lists are annoying, as are any threads with fans actively wanting the death of a regular character (at least, who isn't a villain).

Pete isn't a stalker, a killer, a salesman, so what's the problem? It's nice to see Sam happy. And yes, she has feelings for Jack, but how long must she wait till he decides to retire? She's not going to retire in her prime, that's for sure.

prion
July 7th, 2004, 01:26 PM
I still say if TPTB expect us to take Pete seriously and if they honestly want us to think good thoughts about him then they shouldn't keep mentioning "Stalker" Pete. I'm sure they MEAN it as a joke, but all it does is justify the nagative viewpoint and make it seem as if they aren't taking him seriously and/or consider him to be the b*stard certain groups think he is.

Uh, no, some fans really think Pete IS a stalker. Mind you, it's only a handful of fans who take the S/J dynamic too seriously. When I watched the Lowdown special, and it was, um, can't recall who mentioned "stalker Pete", which probably has 99% of the audience going, huh? what? what are they talking about? The 'stalker pete' scenario is only with shippers, from what I can see, and only a handful at that. :o

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 01:40 PM
I'm with Madeleine. I hope those idiots never learn what it feels like to be well and truly stalked. Maybe they'd have a little more respect for Pete after that. I think the background check was perfectly reasonable and I can even buy the stakeout thing. We don't know how Pete stumbled across that, do we? For all we know, he watched this big black van pull up to her house and watched Sam trot out all dressed in black and looking menacing and thought WTF?! and decided to follow to see what the hell was going on.

David
July 7th, 2004, 04:00 PM
I also noticed the "stalker Pete" bit. Amanda continued her reflection on some of what we discussed in the audio interview. I'm sure it'll start to dry out, similarly when the whole Jonas/Daniel thing started to as well. Of course, Jonas is now back on Langara now, with Daniel back, so I'm sure that helped.

It's too complex a puzzle. This is why I stay out of the shipper debates and just watch :)

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 04:16 PM
I'm sure it'll start to dry out, similarly when the whole Jonas/Daniel thing started to as well.
The Jonas/Daniel thing is off topic, but I don't recall it ever "drying out". I doubt the thing with Pete will ever "dry out" either. Not until he dies or Sam dumps him. Or both. ;) SOME people will never be satisfied with anything less than total, atom-level annihilation.

I'd still like to see TPTB treat Pete seriously. Or if they aren't going to do that, then just get rid of the character. It isn't fair to ANYONE to keep stringing us along if nothing real is ever going to come of it (other than holding off the Sam/Jack ship for as long as possible).

I'm getting angry and bitter again. This is supposed to be a PRO ship thread.

I love Pete. I love the "other side" of Sam that he brings out, just by his presence. I love watching the two of them together. I love the idea of Sam being in love with someone real and attainable and nice. :P

David
July 7th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Shadow, I was under the impression that you never watched new episodes...

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Shadow, I was under the impression that you never watched new episodes...
It's cute how you think you know me. ;)

I watched through Revisions, then I watched Avenger, Birthright, Evolution 1 (someone swore up and down I'd love it- ha!), Fallout, Chimera and Heroes.

Turns out I've seen more of S7 than even I realized. ;) I keep forgetting about Birthright and EVO 1, though. Didn't care much for them and... er... there was no Pete in them... :D

David
July 7th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Do you plan on watching all the Pete-related episodes?

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 04:53 PM
I probably will, although I'm very worried about how TPTB are going to portray him. I'd almost rather walk away with the favorable impression I have than risk having them muck things up with their heavy-handed tactics.

At the same time... I really like the character and I love watching David DeLuise. The whole family has wonderfully expressive faces, and David is no different. ;) I may not be able to resist, even knowing the character may be d*mned forever...

I also don't want to be one of those people who ONLY watches eps with a specific character. I hated it when the Daniel fans only tuned in to S6 for Daniel eps but otherwise cursed the entire season. I don't want to do the same with Pete.

David
July 7th, 2004, 05:13 PM
You're better than that anyway.

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 05:46 PM
You're better than that anyway.
Awww, such a sweetie. ;)

Don't let my sunny disposition fool you, though. I can be quite petty when it suits me. :P Still, I may have to find a couple of non-Pete eps to watch just so I can stick my tongue out at those who WOULD accuse me of being petty. :P

Nolamom
July 7th, 2004, 06:58 PM
You could watch Atlantis episodes and be assured of it being a non-Pete episode. That should silence your critics!

David
July 7th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Maybe DeLuise will get a job on Atlantis as well! Remember, David's always out looking for work, and Peter is going to do all he can to get it for him :)

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 07:02 PM
You could watch Atlantis episodes and be assured of it being a non-Pete episode. That should silence your critics!
Yeah, except every time I see the Wraith I burst out laughing. ;)

On topic, though, I probably will end up watching at least the premiere. Not strictly a Pete ep, but he gets referenced. It might help me form a better picture of exactly how TPTB intend to use him later in the season. I still get uncomfortable vibes from the spoilers I've heard, but I'm still curious.

David
July 7th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Hmm it sounds as though you haven't read any spoilers regarding who appears in the season premiere.

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Hmm it sounds as though you haven't read any spoilers regarding who appears in the season premiere.
I've read the spoilers. It isn't exactly Pete, is it? :P Or is he really in it, too? Maybe I haven't read as closely as I thought. The whole idea of what they're planning to do still kinda upsets me. Makes me disinclined to reading closer...

There's another character I'll be happy to see, but that's off topic. :P

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Actors are generally always looking for work and since Peter is in a position to do something about it, knows the range of David's acting abilities, his (general) availability and likes to help out his family, he's just doing what seems good and right. ;)

I wouldn't mind DDL being in Atlantis. Might be kinda cool. Michael, too. And Dom. And... er... Carol? And no doubt Peter will pop up sometimes, too.

Jafana
July 7th, 2004, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't mind DDL being in Atlantis. Might be kinda cool. Michael, too. And Dom. And... er... Carol? And no doubt Peter will pop up sometimes, too.

I can just see it now.. Colonel Danning turning up in Atlantis, still trying to find out why his show got cancelled after the pilot, not realising the Wraith are actually real and starting to yell at one of them because they made him look stupid in front of a camera...
hehe.

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 09:52 PM
I can just see it now.. Colonel Danning turning up in Atlantis, still trying to find out why his show got cancelled after the pilot, not realising the Wraith are actually real and starting to yell at one of them because they made him look stupid in front of a camera...
hehe.
He'd be questioning whether or not they're "real" aliens and complaining because some "jumped-up extra" was manhandling him.

Jafana
July 7th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Woot!
If nothing else I think we've got a fanfic story here.

jckfan55
July 13th, 2004, 02:19 PM
I agree that Sam and Pete have chemistry and it's good to see Sam being happy. I like that she can be a soldier, scientist and in love. Sure, Pete checked up on her, but he's a cop and it's probably reflex for him to solve any mystery. Sam and Jack are impossible b/c of chain of command, but that doesn't mean each won't still have a special place in each other's hearts--while they go on with their lives. Pete is definitely potential husband material. I hope we continue to see Pete occasionally, though this isn't a show about SG-1's personal lives. This is my first time posting.

ShadowMaat
July 13th, 2004, 06:20 PM
I hope we continue to see Pete occasionally, though this isn't a show about SG-1's personal lives.
Really? You sure about that? Coulda fooled me, especially with the spoilers for this season. ;)

This is my first time posting.
Congrats! Always nice to have calm, rational newbies around who take time to figure out what's what. :)

Jonisa
July 13th, 2004, 07:07 PM
I'm pretty new here too, and I also like the Pete character. In fact, when I first found Gateworld I was really baffled by the "stalker Pete" comments I read.

I didn't get that at all. When I watched Chimera, before going online, I had really favorable feelings toward the guy. Sam just lights up when she's around him, and he genuinely cares about her. True, it was a bit of a bonehead move following her to the stakeout, but I didn't take it as creepy and stalkerish, more like a curious cop with a puzzle to figure out.

Then again I'm not much of an S/J shipper, not much of a shipper in Stargate at all (loved Daniel/Sha're though), so I don't have that to color my view of the character. :)

sg1niner
July 16th, 2004, 04:39 PM
i think pete is great for sam and i cant wait to see him again. I find it stupid that people would get upset and start trouble just because sam isn't dating the person they want her too. I like jack but in the end we all know the two can't get together so she just moved on, she found a guy that can make her laugh and make her feel good. and that guy just happens to be pete.

david deluise is a great actor.. i'm actually making a website about him :)

> Kelli

Jack: raise your right hand and repeat after me. I, insert name.
Sam: I, Samantha Carter..

ShadowMaat
July 21st, 2004, 04:47 AM
Someone at Gatecon was wearing an I hate Pete t-shirt... on the day when Amanda, Chris and Michael were supposed to be there. When asked if she didn't think she was being a bit embarrassing about it, she told me off, saying it was her opinion and she was going to express it. I retaliated by making an I love Sam/Pete- Get over it! badge which, despite its crappy appearance, still got a couple of positive comments. ;)

When I asked Amanda if there was any hope for the Sam/Pete shippers, all she would say was, "Stay tuned!" A very political answer, but probably smart. *sigh* One can always hope for a thrown bone, though...

CoffeeGirl
July 26th, 2004, 10:36 AM
I'm a Sam/Jack-Shipper, have been since Season 2, but I really like Pete. I like seeing him and Sam together. I think he's good for her and she deserves to be happy. And I wrote a nice e-mail to David. So there.

Just to let you know not every Shipper out there is a raving lunatic who wants to see Pete die a painful death. I can't wait for Affinity, the pictures look great.

More Pete! :-)

sg1niner
July 30th, 2004, 02:44 PM
is any one interested in checking out my david deluise website? email me @ munchi6699@hotmail.com unless im aloud to post it here im not sure im still kinda new

> Kelli

Vala
August 21st, 2004, 12:50 PM
Spoilers for Affinity

I am not a Sam/Pete shipper I am also not Jack/Sam shipper, but I am more an anti Jack/Sam shipper than an actual shipper for anyone. I will personally be very mad if Pete and Sam don’t get married because her and Jack get together

ShadowMaat
August 21st, 2004, 01:04 PM
Then prepare to be very mad, Vala. ;)

Sorry, but whatever story TPTB try to spin for us now, I still firmly believe that Pete is doomed to be utterly gutted by Sam. In a non-physical way, thank you. :P I think she's going to reject him eventually and leave a crushed and broken shell on the side of the road somewhere while she goes prancing off with her Darlingest Jack.

I hate that. I hate that kind of shallow, trite, moronic storytelling so much I can TASTE it, but I have an unpleasant feeling that's exactly what's going to happen. Much as I love Pete, I think he's doomed to be cast aside like so many other great characters in Stargate-dom.

Sam doesn't deserve someone as good as Pete.
Pete definitely deserves someone better than Sam.

But when you get right down to it, whatever self-gratifying manipulations TPTB subject us to, deep down I still love Sam and Pete as a couple.

Jace021903
August 21st, 2004, 04:48 PM
Just wanted to add my support to the Sam/Pete pairing.

Now that's chemistry! They sparkle.

That said, I doubt think there is any chance at all for him and Sam. TPTB have pretty much promised a Jack/Sam ending or at least a fishing invitation.

Too bad, 'cause they will be wasting a pretty good pairing to go with the predictable and boring.

Vala
August 22nd, 2004, 11:27 AM
Sam doesn't deserve someone as good as Pete.
Pete definitely deserves someone better than Sam.
I agree with everything else you said but can you explan your reasons behind this statement?

ShadowMaat
September 29th, 2004, 07:58 PM
I agree with everything else you said but can you explan your reasons behind this statement?
Sam doesn't deserve Pete because from the way I look at it, he's a warm, sensitive and very loving person who genuinely cares about and loves Sam for who and what she is. He accepts her.

Pete doesn't deserve Sam because she doesn't love him back. She's still hung up on Jack and I have a very sad suspicion that she's eventually going to dump him because of Jack. The way I see it, she's USING him, and not in a very kind way. I think Pete deserves someone who will genuinely care about and love him for who and what HE is and not because of who/what he isn't. He deserves to be accepted by someone who wants Pete, not someone looking for a quick (and likely temporary) Jack substitute.

LoneStar1836
September 30th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Sorry, but whatever story TPTB try to spin for us now, I still firmly believe that Pete is doomed to be utterly gutted by Sam. In a non-physical way, thank you. I think she's going to reject him eventually and leave a crushed and broken shell on the side of the road somewhere while she goes prancing off with her Darlingest Jack.

I’m pretty sure you have hit the nail on the head. I love Pete and feel sorry for the guy even if he is fictional. Fictional characters have feelings, too. :D I like them as a pairing, but I still want it kept off screen as much as possible when it comes to the boyfriend/girlfriend stuff. Pete the cop is nice, but still don’t won’t a lot of him either.

Anyway, back to him and Sam. The man has the patience of Job so he must really love her since he’s held on this long even after those two little weeks of avoidance. She is going to break his heart in the end. {EDIT} (Actually, I blame the PTB for Pete's torment because I still like Sam. "I'm not bad, I'm just written that way."){EDIT} Hopefully he won't take it personally, but he's only human so I don't know how he couldn't. I think the song Whiskey Lullaby (http://www.letssingit.com/?http://www.letssingit.com/brad-paisley-whiskey-lullaby-tx71mmv.html) sung by Brad Paisley with Alison Krauss best sums up how badly I think this relationship is going to/could end. I love the song, btw.

She put him out like the burnin' end of a midnight cigarette
She broke his heart, he spent his whole life tryin' to forget
We watched him drink his pain away a little at a time
But he never could get drunk enough to get her off his mind

The rest of the sad lyrics are on the link.

codec
September 30th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Man, I loved Pete before I even saw him onscreen. I liked the concept of Sam being happy with a great guy, and I like David Deluise. Having said that, I still think any romantic relationships the characters have should be put on the backburner, plot-wise. Unless it's a wedding. Between Pete and Sam. Because that would be sweet.

Random
September 30th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Can someone tell me what TPTB means? it's mentioned all the way through this thread in it confuses the hell outta me.

Jace021903
September 30th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Can someone tell me what TPTB means? it's mentioned all the way through this thread in it confuses the hell outta me.

TPTB=The Powers that Be

Madeleine
September 30th, 2004, 07:22 PM
The Powers That Be = writers, directors, (executive) producers, studio execs...

Gaterelle
October 26th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Yay! Also a thread I like. Sam/Pete is the best. I always though Sam had the most chemistry with Martouf or Daniel but Pete has been the one that has really made her smile. :))
I loved Grace and then Chimera where it was clear how she really felt. I hope for the best for these two, even if I really really want to see more scifi than romance...but still. :)))

Lunar
October 26th, 2004, 06:32 AM
I’m pretty sure you have hit the nail on the head.
<snip>
Anyway, back to him and Sam. The man has the patience of Job so he must really love her since he’s held on this long even after those two little weeks of avoidance. She is going to break his heart in the end. {EDIT} (Actually, I blame the PTB for Pete's torment because I still like Sam. "I'm not bad, I'm just written that way."){EDIT} Hopefully he won't take it personally, but he's only human so I don't know how he couldn't.

Yep. I agree with you. I didn't like Pete very much in Chimera but revised my opinion after Affinity. He's become a very, very 'nice bloke.' And Sam's character will lose respect (mine included) if she ditches him for no reason other than 'she's still in love with Jack...'
Bad writing. :rolleyes:

ShadowMaat
October 26th, 2004, 06:35 AM
I've already lost quite a bit of respect for Sam over the whole Pete thing. She treats him like crap. He doesn't deserve that. She walks all over him and his feelings and only really does anything about it when it's convenient for HER, and when it isn't convenient, she's off pining about Jack. *grinds teeth* At least that's the way I read it.

Poor, poor Pete... :(

Lunar
October 26th, 2004, 06:50 AM
She walks all over him and his feelings and only really does anything about it when it's convenient for HER, and when it isn't convenient, she's off pining about Jack. *grinds teeth* At least that's the way I read it.

And to be fair, many s/j shippers also feel the same way... although approached from the other side, as it were.
If anyone lurks on the shipper thread, then you've probably seen my posts about Sam/Pete... I don't *hate* that particular ship, but I do loathe what tptb have done with it... It's bound to end with one group of shippers unhappy, or else a really vague ending that everyone is going to take issue with!
It's nearly enough to turn me *anti-shipper* to *all ships*... because I'd hate to see them tear apart a lively fanbase anymore than they already have with their 'ridiculous obsession with love!'
Be it S/J love or S/P love... :rolleyes:
ETA: I don't want to drag you off topic, so I'll stop posting now with about 'the mistreatment of S/P ship' and let you guys get back to enjoying the good parts of it... just wanted to add my two cents... :) Sorry...

Catysg1
October 26th, 2004, 07:02 AM
And to be fair, many s/j shippers also feel the same way... although approached from the other side, as it were.
If anyone lurks on the shipper thread, then you've probably seen my posts about Sam/Pete... I don't *hate* that particular ship, but I do loathe what tptb have done with it... It's bound to end with one group of shippers unhappy, or else a really vague ending that everyone is going to take issue with!
It's nearly enough to turn me *anti-shipper* to *all ships*... because I'd hate to see them tear apart a lively fanbase anymore than they already have with their 'ridiculous obsession with love!'
Be it S/J love or S/P love... :rolleyes:
ETA: I don't want to drag you off topic, so I'll stop posting now with about 'the mistreatment of S/P ship' and let you guys get back to enjoying the good parts of it... just wanted to add my two cents... :) Sorry...

I agree..It's very sad that TPTB is messing with all fans S/P or S/J :S

I do feel sorry for Pete (he seems to be caught in the middle) although I don't think Sam is treating him badly ..She is trying to move on and see if she can love somebody else .We already know that Pete loves her dearly ...but I think she does not love him enough to spend the rest of her life with him (took 2 weeks to accept the engagement and has doubts in Threads). Jack is still in her mind ...and she finds it hard to move on and let go :( ...which is sad ...but LOVE is a strong feeling ..and she'll decide for the best at the end I'm sure . ;) Only her can do it (with TPTB's help of course).

I still think that TPTB should have introduced Pete as part of a sci-fi plot..to make the relationship a bit better to swallow ....for example introducing him in season 5 ..and make it progressive ..it was too rushed in season 7 to make it believable . :( and became a love triangle instead of a really good development for the Sam character. :S Shame it had to be a plot device ..didn't need to be one!!!!

Caty :)

ShadowMaat
October 26th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Oh believe me, we spend a lot of time griping about the mistreatment of Pete- both by Sam and by TPTB. It's probably one of the biggest issues in here. ;)

As for lurking on the shipper thread, I try to make it a point not to go into threads where I know I'll get upset and possibly offended. And while I may have a lot of shipper friends, that speaks more of their tolerance than mine and there are many more- on BOTH sides- who are a lot more intolerant and I'd prefer not to deal with them- not the radical shippers, not the radical anti-shippers, not the radical ANYTHINGS.

But I digress. I think there's a certain amount of leeway on this thread and as long as you don't come in here spouting about how much you hate Sam/Pete or how we're wrong for liking it or "Eeewww, S/P ship! Run away! Run away!" I think you'll be OK. ;)

lucylou
January 28th, 2005, 05:51 AM
I don't mind Sam and Pete either and I expressed that opinion in another thread and had rep points taken off me for it. Seems the people who don't mind the pairing are a minority so it's nice to have found this thread.

I love the character development we've had for Sam through her being with Pete. It's brought a different element to the show and given Amanda a lot more to work with and more chanced to show how talented she is. I don't see how that can be a bad thing really.

Lucy

ShadowMaat
January 28th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Oh, I know all the reasons people hate Pete and the idea of Sam and Pete, but personally, I don't see it. I think Pete's a gfreat guy and I think he's been wonderful for Sam.

If anyone is to be blamed for any perceived destruction of the characters, it's the writers. I just don't get the sense that they really TRY to do any character development anymore. It's all about what's convenient for the plot, not what's good for the characters. :( Despite that, thought, I think Pete is good for Sam and I really like the pairing. :)

Welcome to the thread, Lucy.

lucylou
January 28th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Oh, I know all the reasons people hate Pete and the idea of Sam and Pete, but personally, I don't see it. I think Pete's a gfreat guy and I think he's been wonderful for Sam.

If anyone is to be blamed for any perceived destruction of the characters, it's the writers. I just don't get the sense that they really TRY to do any character development anymore. It's all about what's convenient for the plot, not what's good for the characters. :( Despite that, thought, I think Pete is good for Sam and I really like the pairing. :)

Welcome to the thread, Lucy.

Thanks for the welcome Shadow!

Lucy

brihana25
December 11th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Well, I for one am still a Sam/Pete shipper. I have been since the first moment I saw them together. Sam postively glowed around him... she was so happy. So... to bring this thread back up in style, I present... a really old vid of mine.

http://thealphasite.com/index2.php?id=videos/dance_of_love

I've got another Sam/Pete vid, but it was made immediately after I saw Threads for the first time, and I was a bit bitter (yeah, that's an understatment...)

But for now, I'm living safe in my little created universe where the entire back half of S8, from Good to be King on, was an AU that was "corrected" when Moebius ended, and until I see proof of the opposite... Jacob is still alive, and Sam and Pete are still very much in love with each other.

:)

(Thanks, Shadow, for pointing this thread out to me)

Frostfox
December 11th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Well, I for one am still a Sam/Pete shipper. I have been since the first moment I saw them together. Sam postively glowed around him... she was so happy. So... to bring this thread back up in style, I present... a really old vid of mine.

http://thealphasite.com/index2.php?id=videos/dance_of_love

I've got another Sam/Pete vid, but it was made immediately after I saw Threads for the first time, and I was a bit bitter (yeah, that's an understatment...)

But for now, I'm living safe in my little created universe where the entire back half of S8, from Good to be King on, was an AU that was "corrected" when Moebius ended, and until I see proof of the opposite... Jacob is still alive, and Sam and Pete are still very much in love with each other.

:)

(Thanks, Shadow, for pointing this thread out to me)

The vid is lovely.

I thought they were terribly cute together and I was irritated that he was just a plot point. I wasn't in online SG fandom when I saw the first Pete episodes so I had no idea of the curfuffle he'd cause or that anyone would dislike the relationship.
I'm not interested in romance on the show in any form but DDL is terribly cute and he and AT had loads of chemistry together, she seemed to really enjoy acting with him.

FF