• Show
Clear All

Strange opening credits?

Does anyone else find it strange in the opening credits they say like:

Ben Browder
    Claudia Black
    Bea Bridges

And Micheal Shanks as Daniel Jackson.

Just thought it was weird they'd name it like that..

Makes it seem they all play Daniel

It's been like that ever since he came back in Season 7
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Atlantis list all the characters and the David Hewit As Dr. Mckay.
      Its just another way to be "top billing" is my understanding.

Apparently for actors you either want top billing as in fist name in the credits or your second choice is last billing in the credits with an "as" and then the character name. It is indeed an odd world that actors live in.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Hmz strange lol.

It's probably just the first time I notice then

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
          Atlantis list all the characters and the David Hewit As Dr. Mckay.
          Its just another way to be "top billing" is my understanding.

Apparently for actors you either want top billing as in fist name in the credits or your second choice is last billing in the credits with an "as" and then the character name. It is indeed an odd world that actors live in.
          I'll second that. Definitely an odd world they live in.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The lead actor (richard dean anderson, originally) gets the first slot while the 'featured' actor goes last - usually with a 'with' or an 'and' followed by their character name.

And by the way, it make psychological sense to want to be first or last. It's called the primacy and recency effect - you are more likely to remember itesm, in this case people, at the beginning or end of a list than those in the middle.
            "You have already taken the first steps towards becoming... the fith race."

Comment

People seem to remember the first 3 elements and/or the last 3 from a given list, in this case the first and the last. (ok we do not have a list that long but the same rules apply). People have a tendency of remembering who was the first that... and the last that... So being the last isn't such bad thing, being in the middle is.
              School is overrated.

Comment

Just like Charmed...

Alyssa Milano
                Rose McGowan
                Kaley Cuoco
                Brian Krause
                and Holly Marie Combs as "Piper"

Mattathias

Comment

It's like the opening credits to a move where the director puts the star's name first but his name last so it's the last thing on your mind as the movie starts.

SUPERMAN:

Brandon Routh

---- yadda yadda yadda

Directed by Brian Singer
                  MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
                  Spoiler:
                  Snape kills Dumbledore
                  Spoiler:
                  Darth Vader is Luke's Father
                  Spoiler:
                  Rosebud is a sled
                  Spoiler:
                  Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
                  Spoiler:
                  The planet of the apes is actually Earth
                  Spoiler:
                  The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
                  Spoiler:
                  Clark Kent is Superman
                  Spoiler:
                  What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

It's a theatrical tradition, I believe, called 'bottom of the bill', which is second best to top of the bill. Basically, the two most prestigious places on a playbill are the most visible: top and bottom.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

they do this in atlantis also, except they do it with carson AND rodney

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

I think the credits are fine. Dannys name has always been last since season 7, and it actually means he's like the most important I think. When it says something like "and MS as DJ" it's considered an honor. Anyway I'm pleased with the credits, they are almost identical to the season 9 credits except it has the Ori space battle always a cool scene anytime it's shown.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The Daniel thing has irked me since S7 but I usually skip the credits anyway (I record episodes so I can skip the commercials, too). I don't understand why the new credits have a CGI stargate. Surely the real prop is much clearer and less expensive to shoot? With the purse-strings being tightened and TPTB complaining about the extra "baggage" this season I would've thought that this was a completely unnecessary expense that is impossible to justify with the bean counters. Just a thought...

If it came down to losing a character or losing a bit of CGI then I know which one I'd choose (unless said character was Mitchell, I wouldn't be so bothered about losing a newbie.)
                          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

It isn't that hard to model a SG , surely a pro could do it in minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                              I don't understand why the new credits have a CGI stargate.
                              Thank you, I thought I was the only one bothered by that. Not only is it wholly unnecessary, but it looks like it was modeled by a teenager with 3D SM at home on a weekend. Sure I couldn't do better, but that's what professionals in the industry are for: making CGI that doesn't look like crap.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X