X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate mentioned at BSG Comic Con panel

From the Toronto Star:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...l=969483191630

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Jul. 23, 2006. 01:00 AM - SAN DIEGO, Calif.

**snippity doo-dah**

"Thanks for dressing up!"

An audience member was less than impressed with Richard Hatch's worn-out, sleeves-cut-off-to-show-nice-arms T-shirt and made sure the Battlestar Galactica (past and present) actor knew it.

The session, which was billed as a "provocative discussion of Battlestar new and classic" wasn't quite that. Hatch — not to be confused with the Survivor champ — had brought along Battlestar science consultant Kevin Grazer and Bear McCreary, the young Battlestar composer, and showed a 20-minute-long doc on the making of the music, followed by a 10-minute gag reel.

There was very little time left for any possible fights between old-school Battlestar fans and those preferring the new show. The most provocative thing said was when someone asked Grazer to give an example of bad science on television and the simple answer was: "watch an episode of Stargate."

**snippage**

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

The most provocative thing said was when someone asked Grazer to give an example of bad science on television and the simple answer was: "watch an episode of Stargate."

I bet the execs at SciFi are just SOOOOO thrilled at one of their shows slamming another of their shows, and hey, it gets in the press too.

Comment

Wow, I like BSG even less now, and I didn't think that was possible.

Comment

I am way offended by that. What a jack-***!
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          I am way offended by that. What a jack-***!
          Sure isn't the brightest bulb. After all, Scifi.com cuts HIS paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            Sure isn't the brightest bulb. After all, Scifi.com cuts HIS paycheck.
            It it were up to me, that paycheck would have just gotten slashed.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

A**hole.

Comment

Wow.....words appropriate for the forum can't quite describe.....

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  The most provocative thing said was when someone asked Grazer to give an example of bad science on television and the simple answer was: "watch an episode of Stargate."

I bet the execs at SciFi are just SOOOOO thrilled at one of their shows slamming another of their shows, and hey, it gets in the press too.
                  I'm sure they are HUGELY thrilled.

After the TERRIBLE primere ratings if that comment get 10 more people to watch the shows then Sci-fi will be happy.

Comment

Uhh, maybe people are over-reacting? Stargate has never claimed to be spot on about the science. It's never claimed to be spot on about the mythology etc either.

I thought it was funny...

Comment

But why make the jab in the first place? Even if he picked Stargate, the best he could do was to explain it.

Face it, the guy's an a**hole.

Comment

Maybe because joke != jab?

Comment

Doesn't make him any less of an a-hole.

Comment

Safe word that can describe this:

*bleep*

I'll just leave it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Uhh, maybe people are over-reacting? Stargate has never claimed to be spot on about the science. It's never claimed to be spot on about the mythology etc either.

I thought it was funny...
                              The thing is that this guy is, whether as a joke or not, slamming a sister show on Scifi. The folks at the top shouldn't be happy that someone from BSG is slamming SG.

And as someone pointed out somewehre else, BSG picking on anybody about science is a joke. After all, their Cylons look like scantily clad centerfold models.

Comment

Working...
                              X