This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Major Marks have a twin?

The guy on the Odessy who reads the message from the Ori in Camelot. I was watching an episode of Atlantis and i couldn't hope but notice the helmsman on the Dadelus has a striking resemlance to Major Marks.

Maybe it's just me but judge for yourself. The first one is Major Marks from SG1, the second is from SGA - 3x02 - Misbegotten.

That's along the same kind of thing I thought, either they are twins or their the same person

Comment

I doubt Marks would have made a transfer between the Ori battle and and that episode of atlantis, besides i don't think Dadelus has been back to Earth yet.

I just looked at SGA - "Allies" and it looks like he's there too. I've been all for the sharing of actors between SG1 and SGA but what the frak is this about? Is it that hard to find actors in Vancouver?

Comment

Two words -

MONEY RESTRAINTS.

The character, altho stupidly done because it so obvious, is used in more than one roll as to save money.
        Altho might be diff actors *shrug*
        Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Okay, turns out the guy in atlantis is not the same actor. The character's name is Capt Dave Kleinman and is played by Kirby Morrow. Major Marks is played by Martin Christopher.

I guess at first glance they do look surprisingly similar but it turns out they're not even related.

Comment

Or is he an ancient undercover, keeping tabs on the mortals!

nah....Blitz is right.....money constraints

edit: @Ted_Beckett, thanks for the info. Wow, that's a wierd coincidence.

Comment

WHAT?!? They look nothing alike... LOL I can't believe there are people that haven't noticed this yet...

Besides Captain Kleinman is a much better officer than Marks; he even looks more like a military officer. And if you notice they don't even sit in the same chairs.

Capt/Major Marks is the navigation officer, basically the pilot for the Odyssey. He sits on the right side of the Commander when viewing them from the front. Where as Captain Kleinman sits in the other chair on the left for he is the weapons officer.

Two completely different people who have two very different characters...

Though I can't blame you for thinking they looked the same, many people seemed to think that Ben Browder and Michael Shanks looked the same.

Weird huh? Even though all the men look very different from one another...

Anyway... just want to say Captain Kleinman is the better man!

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Here is the Omnipedia sections for the two men, they haven't been updated in a while but just notice the two pictures:

Captain Dave Kleinman: Link

Captain/Major Marks: Link

Your going to feel silly for thinking these two guys look alike when you look at the pictures provided by the Omnipedia.

Ace

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                  Here is the Omnipedia sections for the two men, they haven't been updated in a while but just notice the two pictures:

Captain Dave Kleinman: Link

Captain/Major Marks: Link

Your going to feel silly for thinking these two guys look alike when you look at the pictures provided by the Omnipedia.

Ace
                  I don't feel silly I never looked a the piks in the first place

ANYWAY - People can look similar in the same light, and to some people who've seen them in certain lighting/mood/position do make mistakes - I'm sure you've tapped someones shoulder thinking it was someone...and it wasnt
                  Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                    I don't feel silly I never looked a the piks in the first place

ANYWAY - People can look similar in the same light, and to some people who've seen them in certain lighting/mood/position do make mistakes - I'm sure you've tapped someones shoulder thinking it was someone...and it wasnt
                    Ohh... sure I have, I'm human! However I would not be making the same mistake after both the characters have been repeadedly been making appeareances in the show in the same capacity for over a year now...

Then again... I do have an eye for detail especially when it comes to anything "military" on the show. Including personnel... Perhaps others just don't care enough to look at secondary characters that closely... *shrugs*

But you got to admit that when you look at the pictures provided by GateWorld they don't look anything alike. Right?

Ace

Comment

I guess what really got us was the fact that like BB and MS there facial structure is similar, and at first glance you would think that they were the same.

Boy have we been had

Comment

I say they are Asgard clones.
                        Similar but different.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                          But you got to admit that when you look at the pictures provided by GateWorld they don't look anything alike. Right?

Ace
                          True. From the GateWorld pics, they look quite different.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'll admit they look very different in the Gateworld pics but if you look at the 2nd picture i posted Kleinman does look a little bit like Marks. I think it's the way he has his hair in that one scene.

Unless a character has a speaking role i usually don't notice them myself but when i do i like to take note of things. Which is the reason i started this thread.

Comment

I thought the same thing. I knew it couldn't be the same guy, but it still nagged at me some. So thanks for the pics and info.

Comment

Working...
                              X