This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morgan Lefay Mother of the Ori?

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

But watching "Morpheus" had me thinking about how Morgan Lefay ties into this whole Merlin arc.

So, ....what if:

1. Merlin and Morgan were in a personal war with each other.

2. Merlin is the first to ascend, creating the the benevelant ascended beings we all know, love and get angry at for not interfering with lower planes of existence.

3. Morgan Lefay becomes Mother to and creates the core Ori race.

Merlin is responsible for finding the path to ascention.

While Morgan is credited with building the Ori belief structure.

Does this hold any water or what? Just thinking...

I think the Ori were in existence, along with their morals, before Merlin's timer, weren't they?
    "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
    -----

Comment

I do think so.

The Ancients had been asceded for some several thousand years by the time of Merlin's and Morgan's life on Earth. Right? I misplaced my copy of "The Official History and Timeline of the Ancients: Pre & Post Ascention"

But what is the timeline for the Ori? Have they existed as long as the Ancients? I'm a little fuzzy on those facts.
      Last edited by markaudette; 22 July 2006, 08:15 AM.

Comment

When the ancients left their home galaxy...Which was not the MW or Pegasus, they fled the Ori...which was millions of years ago on the show.

Comment

Well then, I guess my theory doesn't hold any water.

Thanks.

Now, what if the Furlings....

Just joking.

Comment

Originally posted by markaudette
            Well then, I guess my theory doesn't hold any water.

Thanks.

Now, what if the Furlings....

Just joking.

Maybe not, but is it possible that she is a traitor to the Ancients. Not everyone would take exile so graciously, and she may want revenge.

Comment

Except that royally screws the established timeline up.

Comment

Originally posted by markaudette
                Sorry if this has been discussed before.

But watching "Morpheus" had me thinking about how Morgan Lefay ties into this whole Merlin arc.

So, ....what if:

1. Merlin and Morgan were in a personal war with each other.

2. Merlin is the first to ascend, creating the the benevelant ascended beings we all know, love and get angry at for not interfering with lower planes of existence.

3. Morgan Lefay becomes Mother to and creates the core Ori race.

Merlin is responsible for finding the path to ascention.

While Morgan is credited with building the Ori belief structure.

Does this hold any water or what? Just thinking...
                Unfortunately no, it's not the case!

The Alterra & Ori were the same race, until they split into seperate factions. The Alterra fled their home galaxy, while the Ori stayed. The Alterra travelled the stars for 1000's years until they found the MW. This was to be their new home.

Things went along nicely until something happened 5/10 million years ago (probably plague). Again another split ensued, some stayed behind in the MW, while others used Atlantis & headed off to the Pegasus galaxy to colonise that & start over again. They would later become known as the Lanteans.

Around a million odd years ago, some of the lAncients here built & used the weapon on Dakara to recreate life again after the whole plague thing. This most likely wiped them out in the process. It's probable that some survived, as they may have been in ships not near any planets or on worlds without gates etc. So wouldn't have been affected.

Next over to Pegasus. 10,000 years ago they came across the Wraith. At this point Merlin was still human & a leader of the high council. Le Fay, it's possible was also a Lantean, but it's possible she was also an Alterran. They may have known each other personally, so she could have a grudge against him. Maybe she's rogue like Anubis & wants the location of the weapon to kill all the ascended beings in her plain of existence, either to settle a score or for personal gain.

However it's equally as plausible that they didn't know each other, she may have been ascended before him. Then told to monitor him at the time of the weapon being constructed. So she may only be following orders to get the weapons location.

From stories though, they did know each other. So being that the writers are telling it much like the stories, then I'd say she has a grudge against him for personal reasons & this is the way it'll play out. She'll seem trustworthy & friendly, probably enough to fool them, seeing how they always unwittingly get suckered in by it all.

I'm sure we'll see her again before S10 has ended where her true colours will be revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                  Le Fay, it's possible was also a Lantean, but it's possible she was also an Alterran.
                  I may be mistaken but I thought that Morgan Le Fay was the Ancient who sat on the Lantian council next to Moros (Merlin), the woman who Janus and Weir tried to get help from in “Before I sleep”.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateboy13
                    I may be mistaken but I thought that Morgan Le Fay was the Ancient who sat on the Lantian council next to Moros (Merlin), the woman who Janus and Weir tried to get help from in “Before I sleep”.
                    That was an ancient named 'Melia'.

Comment

shes an ancient, period. but i also know she is not the actual hologram, so how is it she drains power from the city when they active the "hologram"?
                      SAVE SG-1
                      www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                      Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Originally posted by The.Prior.of.The.Ori
                        but i also know she is not the actual hologram, so how is it she drains power from the city when they active the "hologram"?
                        If I understand you correctly maybe in “Rising” the recorded hologram was really a hologram and not an ascended Ancient pretending to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Prior.of.The.Ori
                          shes an ancient, period. but i also know she is not the actual hologram, so how is it she drains power from the city when they active the "hologram"?
                          Considering they had just arrived at Atlantis, it's logical to assume McKay thought an advanced piece of technology, in this case, the hologram, would have used power. Taking into the picture the fact that the shield was about to fail, I'm sure he would rather wonder whether or not the hologram the hologram really was using power.

Comment

She's definitely evil considering that she wiped out a whole village, but I doubt she's an Ori.
                            I had also thought she might be "Melia", since that's more of a filler name than a real name for that character (Melia is the name of the actress). But she very well may not be. Also, Merlin (a.k.a. Meerdin) was not the leader of the high council in "Before I Sleep", that was Moros.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                              I had also thought she might be "Melia", since that's more of a filler name than a real name for that character (Melia is the name of the actress). But she very well may not be. Also, Merlin (a.k.a. Meerdin) was not the leader of the high council in "Before I Sleep", that was Moros.
                              Exactly, since Merlin also went by the names of Myrdin and Moros it’s reasonable to assume that Melia also went by more than one name (Morgan).

Comment

Working...
                              X