This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Poll: Dean Devlin and his Two Stargate Movies

Do you want Dean Devlin to make the Next 2 Stargate Movies using the Original Actors and not menchion the TV Series.

Is it a Bad idea to make the 2 Movies now that the Series is such a Hit.

Do you want the 2 Movies made, but it should use the Actors from the Series and should the Movies be made from the Series. SG1/Atlantis
    Make it with the original move actors and no mention of the t.v. series
    17.19%
    It's a bad idea to make movies from the original now that the series is such a long-running hit
    21.27%
    I'd like the movies made as a continuation of the t.v. series with the series actors
    61.54%
    Last edited by daventry; 21 July 2006, 11:22 AM.

I'd like to see the movies, but I'd prefer to see an SG1/Atlantis movie personally.

It's a double-edged sword
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'm with SueKay. I'll watch the sequels, but I'd prefer watching one based off of SG-1 and/or Atlantis.

Comment

Good idea, but where is the poll ?

As I said in another topic, I am against this idea of films not related to the show...

The poll is here now, I chose "I'd like the movies made as a continuation of the t.v. series with the series actors".
        Last edited by Linwelin; 22 July 2006, 02:58 AM.

Comment

I dont know how to make a Poll, how do i make one

I want to see the Movies, but with no menchion of the Series.
          Last edited by daventry; 21 July 2006, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Personaly I disagree on the films because now he´s gona take advantage on the popularity of the series got. A few yers ago he didnt had a chance of doing these movies and now he can because of the series and all of the sudden his gonna trash all the actors we come to enjoy over this last decade on SG-1 movies wich have nothing to do with the show, yeah it was his ideia in the first place but it ain't his baby no more.

And I do belive the movies are gonna be great but if he didn't make them 10 years ago now its not the time.
            It is just my opinion.

Comment

I hope MGM doesn't let Devlin anywhere near the Stargate franchise. They've screwed it up enough on their own - they don't need someone who doesn't even share the "new" (and I use that word lightly) vision to help them totally kill it.

Comment

If I watched it...i'd be thinking "man! I wish this was SG-1 instead."

sigh...
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Just the suggestion of not taking the Mythology of SG-1/Atlantis is a non-sense.

By ignoring that, maaaaaany of the current fans of SG are not going to see the movies, and by the way, that will snow-ball effect the Sg-1 movie project, which I personally think will be a real hit for everybody, fans, money makers, theaters, puppet makers, etc etc etc..

SG the movie was more or less ok, just like Sg-1 was in its first season, yes, it was a sucess on the box office, BUT Superman The Movie was also, and see what happened to the later sequels (not counting Superman Returns which counts with some things from smallville in the feeling of it).

We all want to see RDA on the big screen and not Kurt Rusell, and also for James Spader, he is already too Boston legal for the role of Daniel Jackson who we have seen evolving from a librarian to a literate warrior in ten years, just please compare the body of Spader against Shanks..

So, if Devlin is going to make something, PLEASE put him side to side with current production team of SG-1/Atlantis! PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    I hope MGM doesn't let Devlin anywhere near the Stargate franchise. They've screwed it up enough on their own - they don't need someone who doesn't even share the "new" (and I use that word lightly) vision to help them totally kill it.

Agreed. I'd love to see movies based off of SG-1(like TPTB have talked about doing when the show does end), but not something that would take advantage of the popularity and success of SG-1 only to completely ignore it. I have no interest in seeing a version of events that doesn't follow what's happened with SG-1.
                    I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

realy bad ideia to do those films and trash the series, do not underestimate the fans of the show maybe a second movie comes outs and maybe a third will not depending on the sucess of the second and if MGM wanna keep making money out of stargate they better not do these films without references of the show.
                      IT´S BECAUSE OF THE SHOW THERES EVEN TALKS ABOUT DOING THE SEQUELS.

Comment

For me it would be strange, after ten years of stargate sg1 then to have movies based on something totally different. I can see why Dean Devlin would want to make the movies he wants a chance to finish off his storyline.

Comment

My wife and I are DEVASTATED that he appears to be leaning towards using the original Stargate actors - so much so that I joined the forum to discuss it!

They were used in a film before the series, but the the SG-1 series came along and established Jackson and O'Neill with Shanks and Anderson. They are the faces of Stargate now, and I dare say that Stargate is far more renowned for the series than the film.

Regarding plotlines, I can't see why they can't be tied in together - in fact didn't Devlin comment on that in the latest update on Gateworld?
                          Last edited by Groove; 21 July 2006, 02:35 PM.

Comment

What strikes me as odd, is that Devlin and Emmerich have been openly critical about SG1....Now that he's in a with a chance of making his films, he's suddenly gushing about how great SG1 is!
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              What strikes me as odd, is that Devlin and Emmerich have been openly critical about SG1....Now that he's in a with a chance of making his films, he's suddenly gushing about how great SG1 is!
                              Exactly. All the more reason for MGM to keep him as far away from the franchise as possible.

I don't know what this big news is about, but I think it's interesting that Sci Fi Wire broke the news along with the other publications. To me, it lends some odd sense of credence to Devlin's claims.

Someone's on some serious hallucinogens here - either it's Devlin or it's the people at MGM. I'm hoping it's Devlin.

Comment

Working...
                              X