This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How this show has evolved

Anyone watching the premier of season 10 think about how much has change from the pilot? Compared to now they were like little kids lost in the woods trying to find their way home. On the way they pick up a compass, food, etc..

Although I think the Stargate is an essential part of their missions, the humans no longer are soley dependent on them. As such this show is now much more than just a team of 4 people walking through a stargate each episode.

And it makes sense, for 10 years they had been running around looking for advanced technology (that was their primary goal after all). It is not only natural that we should be seeing the results of all this work.

So this leads to the future. Could we possibly see a series based in the Stargate universe that is more Star Trek, by that I mean oriented on a ship? Would you be interested in say 5-7 years watching such a show?

And the most important question is this. Do you feel that with spaceships and big extraveganza space battles like we saw in this seasons premire the show could lose its focus or heart? Would you rather we see eps based more on soley going through the gate?

I don't think a stargate ship oriented show would do fine NOW. It's Star Trek fatigue.
    School is overrated.

Comment

I think that is the main purpose of the Ori, to reset us back to square one. We are now down to 2 ships total (one of which will be in Atlantis all the time) and almost all of the gadgets and weapons we have gained are now useless. So we should see a return to the heart of the show.

I think that that is a good thing for SG-1 since it was becoming something other than SG-1, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I would enjoy a show based on a ship but in the Stargate universe. It would mean we could go places that don't have gates etc. Actually the poll for what the 3rd series should be based on had a ship based show win I believe, so there are others that would like it.

Basically, if it is Stargate and still has the Stargate quality then I will be fine

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, Stargate's sole appeal lies in the fact that the characters are normal people like you and me...well, mostly. Let them be on the ground, on another planet, on a spaceship...I really don't care.

Basically, the Stargate is not the point of Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
          As far as I'm concerned, Stargate's sole appeal lies in the fact that the characters are normal people like you and me...well, mostly. Let them be on the ground, on another planet, on a spaceship...I really don't care.

Basically, the Stargate is not the point of Stargate.
          You're right--it's what the actors bring to the characters created by the writers that have kept the show going for 10 years. And, I think it isn't so much that they are normal people like you and me. They are the people we wish we could be and/or wish we could work with and have as friends. Who wouldn't want one of the team watching your back?

Comment

Exactly.

Well, the thing that appeals to me the most is the humor. You really can't have that kind of stuff on, say, Star Trek, BSG, or Firefly.

I mean, Krispy Kreme jokes? Where else are you going to go for those?!

Comment

I think it has evolved in the way it would have evolved if it was a reality. Meeting new races, some good, some bad, and getting the new technology, but never quite being top dog. I also think the fact that some characters leave (Jack, Hammond, Janet, Ford) makes it more real and helps it evolve, you see some shows keep people for ever because they are popular and after a while it can run a show into the ground. Though I do agree with the occasional appearances
              Also the cross overs between the two shows, in reality that would happen occasionally, we cannot expect them to stay seperate forever.

Comment

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004
                Anyone watching the premier of season 10 think about how much has change from the pilot? Compared to now they were like little kids lost in the woods trying to find their way home. On the way they pick up a compass, food, etc..

Although I think the Stargate is an essential part of their missions, the humans no longer are soley dependent on them. As such this show is now much more than just a team of 4 people walking through a stargate each episode.

And it makes sense, for 10 years they had been running around looking for advanced technology (that was their primary goal after all). It is not only natural that we should be seeing the results of all this work.

So this leads to the future. Could we possibly see a series based in the Stargate universe that is more Star Trek, by that I mean oriented on a ship? Would you be interested in say 5-7 years watching such a show?

And the most important question is this. Do you feel that with spaceships and big extraveganza space battles like we saw in this seasons premire the show could lose its focus or heart? Would you rather we see eps based more on soley going through the gate?
                leave the spaceships to star wars and star trek the stargate gets you there faster
                SAVE SG-1
                www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

the stargate ships dont really go anywhere interesting, they either shuttle people from atlantis to earth, provide back up for when gating goes wrong, make preemptive strikes against space-based targets or defend earth, theres also a possibility that they are used to transport large equipment to off world sites and i believe they mentioned in one episode using the prommy to take a look at undialable worlds

Comment

I think the show is VASTLY better now than ever before.
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Well, don't forget about the Supergate that played an important role in the season 10 premier. Even with all the spaceships, the writers has historically been pretty good about adding their touches to those episodes (such as using the stargate to blow up a star or the Supergate) with few exceptions (Prometheus Unbound and Space Race).
                      I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

The show has improved so much, it deserves better ratings. As many people as possible need to know about these shows.

Comment

When you say evolution what do you mean: story or quality? (had to ask)
                          School is overrated.

Comment

It has evolved alot... especially Daniel. I hated Daniel in the early seasons!! I was watching the season 2 episode, Secrets, the other day and there is one particular line he says that just drives me nuts.

When he was deciding what to do with Sha're, Teal'c says something and Daniel shrieks "Well... I don't care!!" Ohh My God it was so annoying!

It was then I realized how much Daniel and the entire show has evolved. I actually like Daniel now, he picks up weapons, he fires them, he knows that in some extreme cases to do what's right you have to commit evil. Khalek and Adria come to mind...

It really has grown into a much better and fuller show... Thank God TPTB are some pretty talented writers. The show would never have gotten this far if they weren't willing to take risks and expand the show...

Well done

Ace
                            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                              Exactly.

Well, the thing that appeals to me the most is the humor. You really can't have that kind of stuff on, say, Star Trek, BSG, or Firefly.

I mean, Krispy Kreme jokes? Where else are you going to go for those?!
                              Don't forget about the Jello.
                              I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Working...
                              X