X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Premiere Ratings

Darn.

Zap2It has published the top 15 for Cable Series for the week of 07/10/06-07/16/06:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272|||cable,00.html

And neither SG1 or SGA are on the list. The lowest rated was:

15--S BIG FAT LIAR (S)-07/14/2006-DSNY-FRI 9:45PM--2.3

So, the lowest rated show in the top 15 earned a 2.3, which means our guys came in under that somewhere...

Darn.

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

That is a shame. While I did not like that the original cast seemed to have fewer lines than the newer actors, I did hope that the show would get good ratings. Do you happen to know what the highest rating for SG1 last season was and what the rating for SGI's July 2005 premiere was? I would be interesting in comparing how this episode did in the ratings when compared to how the show did last July.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03
      That is a shame. While I did not like that the original cast seemed to have fewer lines than the newer actors, I did hope that the show would get good ratings. Do you happen to know what the highest rating for SG1 last season was and what the rating for SGI's July 2005 premiere was? I would be interesting in comparing how this episode did in the ratings when compared to how the show did last July.
      GateWorld has all this information in its episode guide ratings summary"

Highest rating for SG1 Season Nine was:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/ratings.shtml

2.1 for two episodes: AVALON, PART 2 and AVALON, PART 1

The lowest rating was a 1.5 for Ethon.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I wouldn't worry. The ratings could just as well be 2.24 or something, which would be higher than last year's premier.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
          I wouldn't worry. The ratings could just as well be 2.24 or something, which would be higher than last year's premier.

That's what I like...an optimist!

You're so right...

Thank YOU!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Hehe, no problem.

Comment

Well Sci Fi felt good enough about both episodes that they showed them again in prime time tonight (Wednesday). I don't think they would sacrifice another night of prime time to something that they didn't feel would pay off for them one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little
                Well Sci Fi felt good enough about both episodes that they showed them again in prime time tonight (Wednesday). I don't think they would sacrifice another night of prime time to something that they didn't feel would pay off for them one way or the other.
                I agree. Besides, these seasons of SG-1 and SGA sound really good IMO. I can't see them not doing well overall.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm sorta surprised no one has noticed one reason why SciFi may not be pulling in the numbers everybody wants - USA Network has had a massive ad campaign for MONK and PSYCH- both of which pulled in record ratings for their premieres one week before the SGs premiered, which in turn no doubt pulled away a percentage of audience just looking for new fare. They liked what they saw and didn't bother to look for new fare. Both shows appeal to a much wider audience that Scifi draws.

Comment

According to www.ajc.com the ratings were far from stellar.

SciFi's "Stargate SG-1/Stargate: Atlantis" --- This SciFi Network franchise took a laser hit to the gut on Friday night in the two shows' latest season debuts. Ratings for the original "Stargate SG-1" (1.7 million) are down 15 percent from the season average earlier this year, while spinoff "Stargate: Atlantis" (1.9 million) dropped 10 percent.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

If the ratings are true, we'll just have to see how things continue to play out over the next few weeks. I'm sure Sci-Fi is taking into account other competition it is facing now on Friday nights.

Also, we need to see the ratings for the second airings of the Stargates. I'm sure both are considered, because some people choose to watch later airings if they're available.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Thanks to Jades from GateWorl Forum for the heads up!

From The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (Atlanta, GA):

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/au...1f1270039.html

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Rodney Ho - Staff
                        Thursday, July 20, 2006

LOSERS

SciFi's "Stargate SG-1/Stargate: Atlantis" --- This SciFi Network franchise took a laser hit to the gut on Friday night in the two shows' latest season debuts. Ratings for the original "Stargate SG-1" (1.7 million) are down 15 percent from the season average earlier this year, while spinoff "Stargate: Atlantis" (1.9 million) dropped 10 percent.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

If true, it's a bummer. But I'm not too worried. Let's see how the next few weeks play out.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't know...why did this place post it and no where else?

Comment

Ouch!

It seems that Stargates slowly going down and down and down...

...happens to every show I follow...

...maybe I should start watching BSG and see what happens
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                              X