X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dean Devlin in talks with MGM Studios to shoot Stargate movies

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15537

Producer-writer Dean Devlin confirmed today at the San Diego Comic-Con that he is in talks with MGM Studios to shoot parts two and three to his original 1994 sci-fi film Stargate, which starred Kurt Russell and James Spader.

*** click on links for full text ***

wow...big news!

didn't the whole of SG1 and Atlantis contradict his and Emmerich's original plans?

how are they going to work it out?
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Oh please...thats not what it says at all

It says he has a multi-film contract with MGM...but he wants to finish the Stargate trilogy...I dont believe he actually said they were in talks...thats just spin

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't count on MGM letting him do them. Not his way. If there are to be future Stargate films, they will be based off of the shows. MGM would be a fool to allow otherwise.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So...what, they're going to rip off Independance Day or something? It IS a "recreation" of part 3 of that trilogy...

Comment

I agree with the fifth man. TPTB have already said that they want to movies to tie into a new sequel. I don't see how continuing the movie would do that. Plus, isn't that what the previous 9 years of SG did, wrap up the movie?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
              So...what, they're going to rip off Independance Day or something? It IS a "recreation" of part 3 of that trilogy...
              I wouldn't mind seeing SG1 going up against Godzilla (DD's version)

Comment

For the record though, he has been saying this for years

Comment

I don't think it would be a good idea to make a film totally separate from the show. Or maybe didn't I understand it well... ?

As for me, I wouldn't watch a film called Stargate if it was not related to SG1 as we know it...

Comment

Well, I'd be happy to see the rest of Dealvin's trilogy (as long as it doesnt prevent any SG1 movies also)
                    Just have 2 seperate stargate universes.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
                    Originally posted by Jonzey
                    Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

I vote no, it would give me way too much of a headache.

Comment

Oh brother....

Once again ID4 is NOT what Stargate 3 was going to be. He came out years ago and said it wasn't. The next two were going to deal with the connections between the pyimids on different places on Earth.

I agree with Jebus, why not do both? There are countless AUs just have this be a "what if?"

Comment

Creating an alternate Stargate storyline would be a serious mistake for MGM. Not only would it anger many loyal stargate fans, but it would probably confuse new fans to the Stargate francise. Heres my point plain and simple, Why mess with a good thing?

Comment

I'd love to see what he envisioned play out on the big screen, but I have to agree that it's stupid from more of a business standpoint. While fans will know the difference, you run the risk of totally confusing the general public and potential fans.
                            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I dont think it would be as interesting as the shows have become, and I would rather see a movie based off of the show.

Devlin's movie cant be about the Goauld can it? Because from what I remember, Ra, according to him, was the last of a dying race and I think he wanted the stargate to be goauld tech so... Yep. Very uninteresting.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X