Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Open Letter to the Asgard High Council (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Open Letter to the Asgard High Council (SPOILERS)

Please stop sending your weakest ships to assist us. We're resourceful enough that you know that if we're having problems, we really need the big guns. Heck, you designed part of our defense systems, so you should know better than anyone else when we need your help.

So stop sending science vessels.

Yours,

IcyNeko
    Speaking on behalf of everyone on Earth

Be fair, in season 8 the Asgard were reduced to a single newly colonised planet that was then thrashed by the replicators

Even though they are on the brink of extinction they send personnel (Hermiod and Kvasir), equipment (the shields and hyperdrives of the Daedalus, Odyssey and Korelev) and a ship for the battle in Camelot.

Also they probably could have sent more ships for Camelot, except that they had some undisclosed trouble in another galaxy (Thor had to send Kvasir in his place)
    sigpic

Comment

the science vessel was sent to scan or investigate any means of the new enemy weakness,strenths and all that stuff that why vsair the asgard was sent to check the supergate diagnostics and that .
      sigpic

Comment

I think that Asgards really don't care about Ori invasion. They are sitting in their galaxy on their naked asses and they're trying to rebuild whatever left of them.

Comment

Hopefully Thor is away talking to the Furlings and will introduce them to us!
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

the Asguard do care! Afterall they're the one who made the protected planets treaty, though I can't help wonder why they like the Tau'ri so much, it's like there looking out for us, i'm sure if Earth was threaening directly by Ori invasion they'de do everything possible

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
              Please stop sending your weakest ships to assist us. We're resourceful enough that you know that if we're having problems, we really need the big guns. Heck, you designed part of our defense systems, so you should know better than anyone else when we need your help.

So stop sending science vessels.

Yours,

IcyNeko
              Speaking on behalf of everyone on Earth
              . . . . . . . . . . .You do know they're just puppets, right?

Anyway, the reason the writers brought the Asgard to their knees the way they did was so that SG-1 would have to save the day. If they hadn't come up with the Replicators, then the show would have been over before it even started, 'cause the Asgard would have destroyed the Goa'uld a long-long time ago.

Now we have a similar problem with the Ori, if they make the Asgard as powerful as they were when we first met them, then there'd be no reason to worry about the Ori. The Asgard could simply do our fighting for us. With the Asgard still far behind the Ancients technologically, and nearly wiped out from the war with the Replicators, it's on us to find a solution. It doesn't mean they won't help us out a whole lot, but it does mean that SG-1 will continue to be the heroes of the story.

Comment

I wonder why Asgards are so good. Only Loki was "bad" guy, but he broke rules, because he was only trying to save his race. That's why I don't understand why Asgards are the only living race from the alliance. Only they were interfering when someone need help. Ancients ascended and they didn't leave any technology to their allies, but they left everything for anyone who find it. Nox don't care about anything, even if fate of whole galaxy is at stake, because that is the Nox way. And no one knows where Furlings are. I don't know why their alliance existed. Now Asgards have more advantage from alliance with earth. And btw why Asgards don't cooperate with Noxes at all ??

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                  Be fair, in season 8 the Asgard were reduced to a single newly colonised planet that was then thrashed by the replicators

Even though they are on the brink of extinction they send personnel (Hermiod and Kvasir), equipment (the shields and hyperdrives of the Daedalus, Odyssey and Korelev) and a ship for the battle in Camelot.

Also they probably could have sent more ships for Camelot, except that they had some undisclosed trouble in another galaxy (Thor had to send Kvasir in his place)

agreed

after goauld were taken care the contract is over. the fact they continue to help means they still like us. beggers can't be choosers
                  A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Its revenge for destroying the Oneill
                    -- Brains12

Comment

no goauld ship ownd an oneill.

they did own a beliskner
                      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I wish people would really pay attention to the show before they rip the hell out of it by say ing something that doesn't even make sense. If you are going to rip make sense. Like why the hell can't we ever when a Fraackin' space battle. Just one. And one where we fly our OWN ship home.

The Asgard sent a Science Vessal because they where doing diagnotsics on the gate not blowing it up or waiting for four ships to come throuh and own us.
                        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

That wasn't a Science Vessel.

Comment

Working...
                          X