This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The anti Cam Mitchell thread

ever since avalon pt 1 S9 we've heard i don't like Mitchell he tires to be like jack or he is just annoying so i thought i would create a anti Mitchell thread for those who don't really like him

one request please keep it peaceful
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 20 July 2006, 06:29 AM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
    ever since avalon pt 1 S9 we've heard i don't like Mitchell he tires to be like jack or he is just annoying so i thought i would create a anti Mitchell thread for those who don't really like him
    I was actually thinking of creating an anti-Cam thread but you beat me to it! Thanks for starting it!

I don't like Mitchell because I think he is reckless and he has no experience going through the gate. No training, nothing. Just BAM! He's in charge.

Comment

so with you on that. I watched with an open mind but i just don't believe his character. I don't feel the emotion that you get when a chacter clicks. With Vala, she clicks with Daniel but Mitchell... they should have just got Sam to be CO.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex
        so with you on that. I watched with an open mind but i just don't believe his character. I don't feel the emotion that you get when a chacter clicks. With Vala, she clicks with Daniel but Mitchell... they should have just got Sam to be CO.
        Yes I agree. Sam should've gotten command of SG-1.

I just don't care about the character of Mitchell and I don't think he's a good fit for the team. As I said before, he has no experience going through the gate. If anything, Mitchell should have been assigned to another team until he learned the ropes. He should not have been assigned to the flagship team with no experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka

I just don't care about the character of Mitchell and I don't think he's a good fit for the team. As I said before, he has no experience going through the gate. If anything, Mitchell should have been assigned to another team until he learned the ropes. He should not have been assigned to the flagship team with no experience.
          I have to agree. I mean I'm a Farscape fan and i love Ben but i just can't feel his character. nothing. I won't post here a lot because i fell uncountable dislike Ben's character
          Still, maybe he will change this season. I hope!

Comment

I agree that he tries to be like Jack. He trys to make jokes and he just isn't that type of funny to pull them off. He acts like his acting and so it feels fake to me. They just didn't need him at SGC or on the show.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

It does seem like the writers continued writing for the character of Jack and just gave those lines to Cam. Cam needs to be his own character. I think what irritated me the most is when Cam communicated with the SGC (in the first few episodes) he would say, "This is SG-1 leader". Jack never said that. Sam never said that. Why is he saying it? I feel like the character has been forced on us.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds

one request please keep it peaceful
                Just curious. I've seen a lot of anti-threads pop up lately, and none seem to start off with a valid opinion of why a fan dislikes a character. You said he's annoying, but can you extrapolate? Sometimes these threads can be fascinating but a bunch of folk going "I hate/dislike,etc" a character gets old fast....

Comment

waw i was wondering whether there was an anti mitchell thread. i find him annoying because he a) tries to be like jack and b) he called sam mary poppins. ouch. i mean jack could have got away with it but not him.

(btw i do not dislike ben browder. im sure hes a very nice person. its just his character in this that annoys me. )
                  THANKYOU so much annelies!!! (samjackshiplover)
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka

I think that trying to bring Mitchell in as team leader was a big mistake.

As a major I might have found him more likeable, and it would make a lot more sense for an inexperienced newcomer to be assigned as 2IC of a team than as team leader.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                      I think that trying to bring Mitchell in as team leader was a big mistake.

As a major I might have found him more likeable, and it would make a lot more sense for an inexperienced newcomer to be assigned as 2IC of a team than as team leader.
                      Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                        I mean I'm a Farscape fan and i love Ben but i just can't feel his character. nothing. I won't post here a lot because i fell uncountable dislike Ben's character
                        That must be tough; if you know that Ben Browder is a great actor who does really well when given good material to work with, seeing him stuck with poor material can't be fun.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          That must be tough; if you know that Ben Browder is a great actor who does really well when given good material to work with, seeing him stuck with poor material can't be fun.
                          I don't agree and if you want to know PLS PM me.

Comment

What's worse? A rating-magnet rookie like this Cameron Mitchell or the fact that he is the front man in the new 10th season group photo? Well, it sure as hell not because of his one-liners....

I mean, how the hell does a character reaches the same rank that Carter struggled to achieve since day one in just one season? Is it just by being a quick substitute and trying fitting larger shoes than his (RDA)? The hell with Carter (Girl power? no such thing), the hell with Jackson (he's just another geek and better off in the library studying). It's a guy's thing. Macho, chauvinist crap.

For me, a season can't be complete without General Oneill and the ex-commanding officer aboard the Prometheus, Hammond. So I guess left-overs are ok. And like every good employee that gets a kick in the butt, Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping get to be (again) sidekicks. and man, it sucks.

So, they took in Brady (Crichton) from the Brady bunch (the Farscape crew) and gave him a tuscan Hammond-style role. Needless to say, it's exactly opposite to his role on Farscape, where he gets to be more lighten up. At first I thought his acting would improve, but alas, a spontanous act like he did in season ten's premiere doesn't cut it. Vala's character and Claudia Black's acting skills out-shine his, with the two of them being ex-Farscape veterans. (walking in her shadow? anyone?)

Finally, I'm looking forward to seeing the episodes where Jack is back, and hoping that maybe this is what Cameron Mitchell needs to really grow up with his character. A sort of "passing the torch" kinda thing.

Thanks for reading this far

Here's the post as I originally wrote it, before season ten started: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=256

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluestring
                              he called sam mary poppins. ouch. i mean jack could have got away with it
                              Jack wouldn't have been that insulting. Period. For the record, I can't stand Cam and he doesn't look like he's getting any better. I agree with everything that's been said so far and here are my reasons for not liking Mitchell:

1) He's reckless (goes storming off as soon as he gets an idea without consulting the rest of his team first)

2) He's arrogant (thinks that it's OK to throw himself into the line of fire all the time because he has an 'SG-1' patch on his arm - they've survived so far, right? WRONG!)

3) He has no respect for the opnions of people who are both smarter and wiser than himself (how many times as he interrupted Sam/Daniel/Teal'c when they were making a valid objection to one of his crazy ideas and gone ahead anyway?)

4) He tries to be funny by being sarcastic and it doesn't suit him; he comes across as being sullen and p****d off all the time.

Quite frankly, Mitchell both offends and insults me because of his overall lack of tact, common sense and respect for his fellow officers and team mates. I like Ben, he seems like a great guy and a good actor but I just hope that TPTB give him something more to work with in S10. Hell, I'm starting to like smutty alien (aka Vala Edited: Sorry, my previous statement could've been considered offensive to Wiccans, I meant no offence *apologies*) more than Mitchell, at least she notices when she steps over the line every so often!

I have three parting words: "Grow up, Cam!"
                              Last edited by AmberLM; 21 July 2006, 04:26 AM.
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                              X