This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was the great alliances enemy?

Basically my question is who was so powerful that it took the ancients, Asgard, Knox, and the Furlings to subdue them. I don't imagine it would have been the Ori because i think the ancients could have handled them alone. Who could be more powerful then the Great Alliance? Maybe this will be a new enemy in the future.

This is purely speculation feel free to comment on it.

Maybe there were no enemies? Maybe they just allied themselves so that they all could benefit from culture exchanges and trade... then when someone attacked one of the 4, the other 3 would help them totally annihalate them...

Thanks to Captain Jake for the sig!

Comment

Who is to say that they had an enemy? Could have been a simple meet to exchange knowledge and technology or simply to try and keep the peace in the galaxy. Though its entirely possible that TPTB introduce some kind of old enemy of the alliance if they want to make a third series.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Well if you think back in history all of the alliances that were formed were because of a great enemy that had to be defeated. There are other things such as the united nations but they are not really alliances in the traditional sense.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzerd
          Well if you think back in history all of the alliances that were formed were because of a great enemy that had to be defeated. There are other things such as the united nations but they are not really alliances in the traditional sense.

Mike
          Sort of, but that's not the only reason to start an alliance. These are four highly advanced races which probably have vast cultural differences, my guess is it was to learn about eachother, and share knowledge.

Evidence to support this is their metting place in Torment of Tantalus, where the device seemed to contain what each of these races knew about the universe. "meaning of life type stuff" as Daniel put it.

Also, the Nox are peaceful. I don't think the would ever join an alliance which had the goal of destroying a particular civilisation.
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Chutzpath they are peaceful or are they? I believe that they weren't scared of the Goa'uld because they knew there technology was far superior hence they weren't afraid but i'm sure they fight back if attacked by a real challenge like maybe the ORI

Comment

Originally posted by AncientsRGods
              Chutzpath they are peaceful or are they? I believe that they weren't scared of the Goa'uld because they knew there technology was far superior hence they weren't afraid but i'm sure they fight back if attacked by a real challenge like maybe the ORI
              Besides being able to become invisable, they didn't appear to have any weapons, defensive or offensive.

Shalk'yl was a direct threat to them, they healed him instead of letting him just stay dead. At the time, SG-1 could have also been a threat.

That, and they also quite clearly stated they weren't a waring race. that "Their way was different to our way"
              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Maybe it was an extremely powerful race that was starting to Ascend and that is how the Ancients found out about Ascending. After we beat the Ori they find us a threat and come back. And they don't believe in worship, there is know medium, just death. They also don't give a crap about what the Ancients think or their stupid rules. That is when we find out that they didn't make the rules and seems how they are not at fault the others step in because it is their mistake and they have o Regulate The Rules. OK now I am rambling. I am done.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

first of all from my point of view, an "ALLIANCE" would'nt be made unless you have an mutual enemy to fight hence the term "Allies". also if they just met to exchange technology and knowledge why have a deligation room on that planet?

The great alliance was created to conflict some unknown problem, could of been to try and combat the plague or even to combat a powerful race we hav'nt seen yet.

millions of years have past since the great alliance so things have changed ALOT.

I don't think the Ori are the worst we'll combat, as the saying goe's "Theres always somone bigger and better" the Ori are like the Primary School playground bully, just wait until we mature enough to fight with the big boys in the secondary school yards.
                  Great Races Of Stargate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzerd
                    Basically my question is who was so powerful that it took the ancients, Asgard, Knox, and the Furlings to subdue them. I don't imagine it would have been the Ori because i think the ancients could have handled them alone. Who could be more powerful then the Great Alliance? Maybe this will be a new enemy in the future.

This is purely speculation feel free to comment on it.
                    Obviously the ancients could not handle the Ori b/c they were kicked out of the galaxy. I would imagine that the alliance was created against the ori. But honestly, what good is an alliance if there is a pacifist race, a race you haven't even met or heard of, and a race that is extinct involved in it?

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

I dont think they knew about the Ori.
                      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

If you want fanfiction series on this very issue then check out Stargate: Genesis.
                        The series is all about the great allience and the exploits of a new team that has interactions with them in the past.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

I think that they just formed to keep peace, just incase some enemy came up, and I think they formed it after they returned from atlantis.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Maybe so that if one declared war then all would declere on the one that declered war. It could be dangerous having 4 powerfull nations each that could destroy each other in a blick of an eye.

--Gaz--

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
                              I think that they just formed to keep peace, just incase some enemy came up, and I think they formed it after they returned from atlantis.
                              There is no chance in hell that it was formed after they returned from atlantis.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X