X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala's free pass (spoilers)

I noticed something interesting, in Flesh and Blood at least when
    Spoiler:
    Adria is younger, Vala sort of got permission to not believe in the Ori, or at least her disbelief was tolerated
    I just thought that was interesting
    McKay:...ZedPM
    O'Neill: Zed?
    Jackson: He's Canadian
    O'Neill: I'm sorry

Well, it's clear that Vala is "special" as well, in this regard. After all, even the Prior in Ver Isca knew Vala was an unbeliever, and she was never halted from boarding the ship to the MW.

It's also apparent that Adria holds some connection with her mother. Adria knew her mother was an unbeliever long before she was accidently shot by Tomin on her orders. Why else would she go and try to heal her?

Vala cares about Adria's well-being on the same token, given she was willing to stay on board the Ori Mothership, and have Adria taken - rather then escape herself. She wanted what was best for her daughter (which isn't the Ori in her mind).

I don't see it as much of a "free pass" as a "connection subtly between both mother and daughter."

Mattathias

Comment

I love how Vala did the little speech about children and parents. She wants the best for her girl but it will be real interesting to see how it all plays out.

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman
        I love how Vala did the little speech about children and parents. She wants the best for her girl but it will be real interesting to see how it all plays out.
        I have a sad feeling it won't play out too good. Adria is set in her ways, and will have to be stopped. Vala will eventually have to come to terms with that.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          I have a sad feeling it won't play out too good. Adria is set in her ways, and will have to be stopped. Vala will eventually have to come to terms with that.
          i think the writers are going to play it like shar'ra , its a search then a discovery that it cant be changed then either vala, daniel, or mitchel will kill andria, or maybe she will asend n join the ancients

Comment

and then her......i bet if that happens Adria then comes to see things how they really are in her dying moment
            SAVE SG-1
            www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
            Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

maybe they hope they can use vala love for adria to get her to stop the sgc killing adria

Comment

It all seems very Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader to me. *sigh* I hope they don't go down the Star Wars route, I'd much rather see something more complex than a 'Good vs. Evil' showdown at the end of the season.
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
                  I noticed something interesting, in Flesh and Blood at least when
                  Spoiler:
                  Adria is younger, Vala sort of got permission to not believe in the Ori, or at least her disbelief was tolerated
                  I just thought that was interesting
                  The ORI probably keep her around expecting her to become the ultimate convert. She is Vala after all....

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

this connection is one they need to exploit
                    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I don't know, maybe Vala will betray the SGC for her daughter's sake. Vala is really the only independent entity. All the other's either follow the Ancient's, or the Ori. Vala still has the ability to see both sides, and decide for herself, this makes her in my opinion, the most important character.

Comment

I was thinking on the same lines as well, but I was thinking that her love and urge to impress her mother might make blind. That she might make a mistake that might in long run bring down the Ori.
                        "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
                        The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
                        Rose: "Your face!"
                        The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
                        The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

Double post!
                          "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
                          The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
                          Rose: "Your face!"
                          The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
                          The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

For some reason I really hope Vala dies stopping SG-1 or the SGC etc from delivering the final blow to Adria. Now do not misinterpret this as me wanting Vala dead and gone because I really do enjoy her character (even from the get-go of season 9).

I just think that in season 11-12 (assuming Adria survives that long and hell, assuming SG survives that long) it would be huge to see Vala make that sacrifice for her daughter. I think with proper character development along the way it would be a great way to end her character and seriously muddy the waters on the Ori vs. Ancients war. Vala, who by that time hopefully has gained the trust and respect of SG-1 just sacrificed herself for the enemy while Adria just saw her enemy sacrifice herself for her. I think it has a lot of potential honestly.

Maybe some of SG-1 will stop and take a look at themselves and why they are fighting and maybe "how" they are fighting etc. Like would Teal'c sacrifice Ry'ac (sp sorry) in order to stop the Ori? Would Sam sacrifice Cassandra (sp again sorry)? Might be the turning point where Adria turns on the Ori or something also.

Comment

Or, Adria could very well conform the Ori. But, I hope not. I like having two sides of a story. She could convince the Ori, that they don't have to kill everyone, they could just talk.

Comment

Working...
                              X