This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPM's?

One of the things that has been holding back both SG-1 and Atlantis has been the lack of ZPM's. Could the Ori become a big semi-easy source of ZPM's for them in the future? Do you think their technology even uses ZPM's or do they have something even better? I just have a bunch of questions here .

No spoilers please, only pure speculation and conjecture.

I don't think they need zpm's, being ascended they would know how to make better forms of power, they were able to power a forcefield and maintain an inter-galactic wormhole, "a ZPM can't even do that" quoting daniel jackson.

Comment

i think area 51 has a 50% percent poered zpm but it is booby trapped by cammulus so if they figured to un lock it from blowing up the whole solor system then they have a zpm.

also i dont see why they just get the depleted zpm and charge like they did for 'the eye' might take long but with the help of the asgard with some power asvantages could get it working.(might take really long to do)
      sigpic

Comment

because ZPMs cant be charged....zpe is vacume energy. when you put two plates a few atoms apart a huge vacume energy is made (if memory serves right) and they harnes that energy. and the zpm cant be recharged when it reaches entropy, but the zpm shouldnt run out of power either.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
          because ZPMs cant be charged....zpe is vacume energy. when you put two plates a few atoms apart a huge vacume energy is made (if memory serves right) and they harnes that energy. and the zpm cant be recharged when it reaches entropy, but the zpm shouldnt run out of power either.
          I know what to do! You just have to beam out all the atoms from inside of a ZPM container!! That's how you recharge the vacuum.

Comment

the vacume is the energy, you just cant recharge it. Harekin if your out there do you wanna give me a hand at this?

and ZPE is never supposed to run out due to hiesenburg uncertainty relation. a partilce can never have 0 movement unless its at a place where the tempreture is absolute 0. but the reason our ZPMs run out is probably because we pumped it of all its juice and whats left cant power anything.

Comment

SG-1 should stumble upon a planet just full of ZPMs. Then they could send Atlantis all they needed. On second thought, that would make things too easy for the SGA team.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                SG-1 should stumble upon a planet just full of ZPMs. Then they could send Atlantis all they needed. On second thought, that would make things too easy for the SGA team.
                Bu....but I want them!.....

So, everyone seems to think the Ori don't use ZPM's. Do you think they use some other, even more powerful power source or is it "magic" by the Priors?

Comment

its powered by...magic, not the las vegas fakes. i mean the real deal

Comment

Hopefully we wil get at least one and will see a part of atlantis light up and have summink good in it!!
                    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

The Ori power source is probably more powerful than ZPMs. When was the last ZPM actually made? Then you have to consider that the Ori ships, weapons, tech, etc was just made. It seems logical that they would have something better.

Comment

Working...
                      X