Ancients timeline

Ancients timeline

I know that they left Ori galaxy after the split from the Ori
    They then went to Milky way
    Then to Pegasus
    Then back to Milky Way

When were they ravashed by the plague
    When did they build all the cool weapons left around Milky Way galaxy

I don't think it's ever been said in the show (except the stargate is 50,000,000 years old, I think). It seems the technology in Atlantis looks newer, however logic would suggest that they built the head sucky memory things after they found out about the plague everyone was dying from.

My guess is the bulk of the technology we come across in SG-1 is pre pegasus, due to the fact that they were around in far greater numbers.

That's just my guess, I could be totally wrong.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I thought it went like this before Avalon
      Ancients buit Atlantis left for Pegie galaxy
      Cameback afther getting butt whipped
      Died off do to plague
      then ascended.
      Now we have
      Came from another Galaxy with as one
      Acended issues Ori
      Left Ori
      Came to MW
      Built Atlantis
      Peggie Butts kicked
      Came back died off do to plague
      ascended

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

As I understand it, the chronology is as follows. This is based completely on the facts and devices presented in the show, and what I think is logical when filling in the blanks.
        • Alterans and Ori lived as one in the Ori galaxy
        • Scientific/religious conflict led the Alterans to depart in search of a new home, fleeing religious persecution
        • Alterans arrive in the MW Galaxy and begin to settle
        • One of the first planets colonized is Earth, and presumably it is around this time that Atlantis is built
        • Stargate network is built throughout this galaxy, using phonetic sounds in the Ancient language, represented by constellations, as spacial co-ordinates
        • Plague of as-yet unknown origin breaks out in the MW Galaxy and begins wiping out life of all kinds
        • Device from 'Window of Opportunity' is built to try to prevent the plague happening in the first place, but the experiment fails and is abandoned
        • Device at Dakara is built to reseed life throughout the galaxy, and is used for this purpose
        • Ayiana becomes infected with the plague on Earth and leaves the city of Atlantis
        • Atlantis and its residents flee the plague and travel to the Pegasus Galaxy
        • From their new home, the Lantians build a new Stargate network throughout the Pegasus Galaxy
        • Lantians find very little (if any) intelligent life in the Pegasus Galaxy, and begin spreading their genome throughout that galaxy--inadvertently creating the Wraith in the process
        • Wraith evolve, multiply exponentially, and begin to wage war on the Ancients (or, "Ancestors" as they are known in Pegasus)
        • Human life evolves again on Earth (us)
        • The Ancient Merlin returns through the Stargate to Earth, during the first siege of Atlantis
        • War with the Wraith lasts a very long time, but eventually the Ancients decide to submerge their home, Atlantis, and head through the Stargate back to Earth in the MW Galaxy. Not all Ancients leave though, many had made homes in Pegasus and did not want to leave.
        • Ancients return to MW Galaxy to find it utterly devastated by the plague that they fled. They also find themselves still susceptible to its effects and quickly become infected again
        • Repositories of Ancient knowledge are built as a sort of time capsule
        • Remaining Lantians and surviving Ancients of the MW Galaxy either die out or reach the end of their corporeal evolution and ascend. Ancients in Pegasus also ascend around this time
        • Ancients become aware of the also-ascended Ori and the threat they pose, and begin to shield the MW Galaxy from the Ori's awareness
        • Merlin retakes human form to begin research on a means of fighting the Ori, should it ever come up. He hides by phase shifting to a slightly different dimension, and then hides the device back in the Pegasus Galaxy
        • An indeterminate amound of time later, the ascended being Chaya, who refused to allow her former home world fall to the Wraith, intervened to save them. The Others disapproved and exiled her to the planet for eternity.
        • An indeterminate amount of time later, the ascended being Orlin helps a race build a weapon to defend themselves from the new dominant life-form in the galaxy: the Goa'uld. Once they use the weapon, the Others wipe out their race and force Orlin to remain on the planet as punishment
        • An indeterminate amount of time later, the ascended being Oma Desala begins helping 'lowers' to ascend to higher planes of existence. Around 1000 AD she is tricked by the Goa'uld Anubis into helping him ascend. The Others intervene and force him down from ascension--but only partway. Oma's punishment is to watch as Anubis is allowed to do anything he wants on a corporeal plane of existence
        • In 2002 AD, Oma Desala helps the human Daniel Jackson ascend. He lives on the higher plane of existence for a year, until he attempts to destroy Anubis in order to protect the planet Abydos. Knowing this would incur the wrath of the Others for disrupting her punishment, Oma Desala intervenes and stops him. She explains the situation, at which point Daniel Jackson chooses to retake human form with his memory erased. But Oma Desala cheats, and only hides his memories rather than erasing them.
        • In 2005 AD, Oma Desala again saves Daniel Jackson from the brink of death. Her punishment is again revealed, but as Anubis is planning to destroy all life in the MW Galaxy with the Dakara device, she engages him in eternal combat.
        • Later in 2005, the second evolution of humanity makes contact with the Ori, mistakenly expecting to meet with corporeal Ancients
        • Throughout 2005 and 2006 AD, Priors of the Ori begin to convert worlds in the MW Galaxy
        • In 2006 AD, warships controlled by Ori worshippers and Priors invade the MW Galaxy and begin a crusade against all unbelievers

The only thing I can't figure out is where to fit in the Great Alliance. What common interests or enemies could the Ancients, the Asgard in another galaxy, the reclusive Nox, and the all-but-unheard-of Furlings have in common?
        Last edited by DigiFluid; 20 July 2006, 07:13 AM.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

no they had the plague before leaving, thats established in frozen, the woman was left behind when atlantis left because she had the plague

Comment

Yes, I said that.

Plague of as-yet unknown origin breaks out in the MW Galaxy and begins wiping out life of all kinds
            Device from 'Window of Opportunity' is built to try to prevent the plague happening in the first place, but the experiment fails and is abandoned
            Repositories of Ancient knowledge are built as a sort of time capsule
            Ayiana (the woman in 'Frozen' becomes infected with the plague on Earth and leaves the city of Atlantis
            Atlantis and its residents flee the plague and travel to the Pegasus Galaxy
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

i dont really care about the timeline the whole blooming show i good, both of them.
              sigpic

Comment

sorry i was in the middle of posting when you posted.
                Human life evolves again on Earth (us)
                this should come before
                Ancients return to MW Galaxy
                the ancients seeded the galaxy before they left, which was millions of years ago, then the ancients returned to MW in 10,000BC, all the ancients that didnt got to pegasus were long dead before they got back. the ones that returned then spread around the galaxy forming new civilizations, its around the same time as goa'uld come to earth and start using humans.
                It is my opinion that the alliance formed after the ancients returned.

Comment

"Device at Dakara is built to reseed life throughout the galaxy, and is used for this purpose" should go after some of the ancients went to antlantis. the second evolution should go before they return from atlantis to MW Galaxy.(probably shortly after) and the Great Alliance before the plague b/c the ancients left right after the it and in the episode "The Fifth Race"-Season 2 Thor says that they was once a great alliace but the acients moved out of our reign of space long ago, so it was before they went to the pegasus

Comment

-disregard this entire post, pre-this edit

Timeline shuffled slightly.
                    Last edited by DigiFluid; 19 July 2006, 02:23 PM.

Comment

DigiFluid thank you for the thorough response, I believe that you are 80-90 percent correct on there timeline

Comment

That what I call a really good follow up. I am cofused tho, the Ancients in Atlantis said that woke an enemy that had slumbered. This cant be the Wraith if there some hybrid Rattiss ug and human. Hmmm

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

As I understand it

A long time in a galaxy far far away - Ori and Ancients live together, then the science religion conflict causes the ancient to flee to the MW

Around 50 million years ago - The Ancient settle on Earth (based on the apparent age of the Antartic Gate - the oldest gate ever found)

A little more than 3-5 million years ago The plague strikes - decimating the Ancients in the MW

3-5 million years ago - The new city-ship Atlantis flees the plague leaving Ayiana (the woman from "Frozen") behind (based on the time given at the beginning of "Rising")

5-1 million years ago - The Ancients left behind in the MW try to cure the plague. Some build the device seen in "Window of Oppurtunity", eventually others build the Dakara device to create intelligent life anew in the MW (my guess this accountants for the "missing link" in human evolution)

Meanwhile in Pegasus... The Ancients colonise the galaxy terraforming planets and setting up a new Stargate network. They then create humans and live amongst them helping them develop ther civilsations.

10,100 years ago - They Ancients stumble accross the Wraith, unprepared and massivily outnumbered the Wraith sweep accross Pegasus

10,000 years ago - After 100 years of War Atlantis is all thats's left of the Ancients in Pegasus, they choose to evacuate back to the Milky Way, where they live out their lives among the primitive humans many eventually ascend

1,000 years ago - The Ascended Ancient Merlin (Myridin) grows concerned about the Ori, he descends and builds the Sangraal weapon, he hides it away before vanishing, (assuming they follow the Arthurian Myth he was trapped for all eternity by Morgan LeFay - I think the Ascended found out about the Sangraal)
                          sigpic

Comment

hmm i'de love to see a storyline that involves there being ancients in other galaxies, that the cities acted as Spaceships for exploration or other galaxies and that in the 40 something million years of MW there were many cities built and hundreds of expeditions across the universe. Potentially they're could be millions of advanced ancients spread all throughout the universe though to far a way to get to, even for the Asguard

Comment

1)Alterrans have dispute over Religion and Science.
                              2)The scientific community flees the galaxy and finds Earth. and Colonizes it.
                              3)They manufacture stargates so that they may spread out and collect resources.
                              4)Alterrians meet asgard, Nox and Furlings, they create an Alliance against evil.
                              5)They become known as the Ancients due to their Age compared to the other races.
                              7)Plague breaks out, and Atlantis as well as a few other CityShips on other worlds are created and prepare to evacuate the Galaxy, as the Stargates had helped spread the contaimenation. Headsuckers are designed shortly before this.
                              8)Atlantis lands on Lantia and the Ancients spread the seed of life.
                              9) They mess up and create the wraith.
                              10) They mess up and create the asurans.
                              11) They become far outnumbered by the Wraith over thousands of years of war.
                              12)Some Ancients began Ascending.
                              13)They evacuate the last few hundreds of Ancients thru the gate back to Earth hoping that they would be safe.
                              14) The last few ancients either died or ascended.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                              X