This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 great races alliance.

There seems to be an idea floating around that the alliance of the great races we meet again to fight the Ori, and that Earth will replace the Ancients.

That's all fine and dandy, but is there even any evidence that this alliance was for military reasons? These are the 4 most advanced races we know of, it was seem to me they have little reason to need help defending themselves.

Going off the information we got in Torment of Tantalus, the alliance seemed more for the purpose of sharing technology, and what they have each learnt about the universe. This also seems plausable due to the fact that the Nox look like the are unlikely to fight anyone.

In my opinion, the idea of us teaming up with the super powerful allies of our ancestors isn't going to happen.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Originally posted by Chutzpah
    There seems to be an idea floating around that the alliance of the great races we meet again to fight the Ori, and that Earth will replace the Ancients.

That's all fine and dandy, but is there even any evidence that this alliance was for military reasons? These are the 4 most advanced races we know of, it was seem to me they have little reason to need help defending themselves.

Going off the information we got in Torment of Tantalus, the alliance seemed more for the purpose of sharing technology, and what they have each learnt about the universe. This also seems plausable due to the fact that the Nox look like the are unlikely to fight anyone.

In my opinion, the idea of us teaming up with the super powerful allies of our ancestors isn't going to happen.
    i agree with that, there is no clear proof of anything like that happening. just because we might see the furlings dosnt mean they will fight. like you said, they have no reason to fight when all they need do is defend themselves and keep to their selves.
    SAVE SG-1
    www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
    Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Also, we already know that the Nox are a race of pacifists.

Comment

I don't agree that they won't fight, the Ancients which IMO are undisputedly the most advanced race to ever inhabit the Stars have mostly fought and lost defending an entire galaxy of Humans, (PG protecting humans from the Wraith). Also the ancients seeded life in the galaxies they settled in

I'm sure i'de be quite a story if we learned about the Ancients in there Golden Age. Complete galactic domination, for millions or thousands of years. Though "nothing gold can stay"

And I do believe the Nox would help, afterall they did heal SG-1 when they could have remained hidden.

Also the Tau'ri are know where near the place to join the alliance

Comment

that would be funny if the priors went to the nox. i would like to see that episode for sure.

There is much more to the nox than we know.

"Those that are very young do not always listen"

Comment

Originally posted by origin al
            I think the phrase is..."The very young do not always do what they are told"...but I got ya.

Originally posted by AncientsRGods
            "And I do believe the Nox would help, afterall they did heal SG-1 when they could have remained hidden."
            I believe the Nox would help also; they do afterall, have the ability to hide things even floating cities. Who says that Earth has to ask for direct action, the Nox could hide planets, cities, people from the Ori invasion force. In that capacity they would not be involved in war or violence but preventing harm from occuring.
            Last edited by Aadizookaan; 18 July 2006, 08:18 PM.
            Aadizookaan

Comment

i think the asgard are the weakest of all the races in the alliance
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

2nd I agree except we don't know the technological advancment of the Furling and
                Spoiler:
                if it is Martin Llyod's race
                then the Asguard are the 3rd most advanced race in the alliance

but possible spoiler
                Spoiler:
                I believe he could be the Furling and been wiped out because the Goa'uld had superior numbers, just as the Wraith defeated the much more advanced ancients

Comment

Originally posted by AncientsRGods
                  And I do believe the Nox would help, afterall they did heal SG-1 when they could have remained hidden.
                  They are pacifists, they also healed Shak'yl, and he and his merry troupe were out to kill them. To me that indicated that, as a race, they don't take sides (Lya may be an exception).

Remember the Nox never actually helped us try to kill Apophis, infact they often stopped us.

If their only goal was to prevent harm from occuring, then they would also have to prevent us from attacking the Ori.
                  An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by origin al
                    that would be funny if the priors went to the nox. i would like to see that episode for sure.

There is much more to the nox than we know.

sif the ori are very young. That was a hint to how stupid/naif we (humans) are. Although i would likt to see the discussion between a prior and a nox. Who would win in a words battle.

Comment

What evidence do we have of the Nox being pacifists? SG-1 has only had a run in with 4-5 Nox in total and that´s hardly a representetive number for an entire species. It´s possible that the Nox we´ve seen are just a lunatic fringe, their races version of hippies and eco-nuts. The main bulk of the Nox could easily be far more aggressive.

I hope we get to see the "great" races but it seems way to much like B5 to have them come to the rescue.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                        What evidence do we have of the Nox being pacifists? SG-1 has only had a run in with 4-5 Nox in total and that´s hardly a representetive number for an entire species. It´s possible that the Nox we´ve seen are just a lunatic fringe, their races version of hippies and eco-nuts. The main bulk of the Nox could easily be far more aggressive.

I hope we get to see the "great" races but it seems way to much like B5 to have them come to the rescue.
                        I believe Lya has clearly stated that the Nox are a pacifist race, however I'm sure you can argue that there can be a sub group that are not. But until there is evidence of otherwise I'm sticky to the fact that the Nox are pacifist. Plus I'm sure if they were'nt they would have been more involved with us by now in helping us defend our self.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                          i think the asgard are the weakest of all the races in the alliance
                          i am not that sure about that. You only might think the nox are that powerfull because you never see them. Because the first episodes you saw the asgard the looked more powerfull then the ancients do now.

Comment

Working...
                          X